Chapter 3

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Hawkelion here again, bringing you this freshly edited chapter! Wae am I the one always updating, you ask? I don't even know myself, my buddy says she's "busy" >_> Anywho, we hope you enjoy.

@Lillianaaa: Thank you for commenting! I have absolutley no say in how this story goes, however except for the occasioanl suggestion, so it's ultimatley up to Sunshiner21.


The nine members began to wrap up the first training session. It had been a long day for all of them. The vocal coach began to pick up his things as he turned to the members.

"Alright ladies, that was a great first practice, I want all of you to go home and rest up. We begin again tomorrow at 9am, please don't be late.” he said as he picked up his coat and proceeded to the door without another word. After he left the members became quiet. There was a solemn air in the room that had been there since they had arrived that morning.

"So… did you guys hear about that girl who got killed at the fair yesterday?" Yuri asked the question everyone had been thinking about, breaking the silence. Taeyeon smirked to herself at the statement. Sunny took a step back looking away from the group.

"Unnie are you okay?" Seohyun asked as she reached her hand out to Sunny's shoulder. Sunny looked up at the younger woman, tears in her eyes.

"I… I knew SunMi. We used to be best friends when we were little. We’ve still kept in contact even after she got famous…" she said shakily. Seohyun wrapped the older girl in a hug.

"I'm so sorry, unnie." she said sympathetically. All the other members started to walk toward Sunny who was now beginning to slightly sob, offering their condolences to the blonde. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the sight. She would never understand mortals and their grieving over death.

"Why are you so upset?" Taeyeon asked coldly. Sunny looked up in surprise, but it soon became a glare.

"My childhood friend has just been murdered and you’re asking me why I’m upset?" Sunny asked trying to wipe the tears from her face. Taeyeon sighed, knowing she’d have to explain this well or they would probably all hate her.

"She had a soul right?" she asked, causing everyone to look at her questioningly. 

"Well if she had a soul then even though her mortal life is over, she still going to live on, right? So why are you crying, she's still living just not visibly." Taeyeon explained, trying to calm the tension around her. Sunny smiled softly at the older woman, though tears still stained her face.

"Thank you, Taeyeon. That actually makes me feel better. It still hurts… but you’re right." she said. Sunny approached Taeyeon with the full intention of giving the older woman a hug, but Taeyeon ducked away at the last second causing Sunny to fall forward catching herself at the last second, pouting at Taeyeon’s aversion to the hug.

"Should we turn on the news to see if anything else has surfaced about what happened?"  Yoona asked before Sunny could complain, walking towards the small TV in the room. Everyone looked at Sunny.

"I think it would be a good idea. If there’s a killer out there I want to know so I can be on my guard." she said nodding to Yoona who had just turned the small TV to the news channel. 

      "In the homicide case of the murder of Lee SunMi, the police have released the findings of the autopsy report. The cause of death was exsanguination; in fact there wasn’t a single drop of blood left in the young woman’s system. Bite marks were found on the neck of the young woman. Though the bite marks appear to be human, no one knows if it were some type of animal that attacked the young girl or a very sick minded human being. All men and women are advised to watch their surroundings carefully and not recommended to go out at late hours."

 Yoona looked at the others before turning off the TV.

"Unnie's, you heard the news we shouldn't be going out late at night. Not by ourselves." Seohyun said with a worried expression on her face.

"We should all use a buddy system to walk home. I think the majority of us live on the east side of town. So we can all walk together." Sooyoung said sagely.

"Um, guys, I live on the west side." Tiffany said quietly, a look of distraught crossing her face.

"Well does anyone else live on the west side near Tiffany?" Sooyoung asked, looking around at the other members. They all shook their heads.

"Well someone needs to walk Tiffany home…" Sooyoung said. She looked over to Taeyeon.

"Hey Taeyeon, you’re the leader why don't you? You know make sure your members are safe?" she suggested, smiling at the older woman who grimaced at the younger woman.

"Well, how far away do you live Taeyeon?" Yuri asked.

"I live like six blocks away from here." she answered.

"See, that’s perfect. You won't have to walk all that far to get back to your own house." Yoona reasoned. Taeyeon sighed, exasperated.

"Fine. I'll walk her home." Taeyeon grumbled, knowing arguing would get her nowhere.

"So that’s settled. We should leave now before it gets any later.” Hyoyeon spoke up for once, obviously wanting to get home. The members all nodded and picked up what stuff they had and exited the building together.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany started their walk in silence. Tiffany, never one for being able to stand long silences, couldn't stand it anymore, so she spoke. She knew Taeyeon was probably angry about being talked into this.

"I'm sorry, Taetae you don't have to walk me home if you don't want to. I'm sure I'll be fine." she said apologetically. She gave Taeyeon a reassuring smile. Taeyeon shook her head and put her hands in her coat pockets.

"No I need to start acting like a leader, even if that includes me walking you home." she said.

"Thank you, Taetae." Tiffany said with a bright smile as she looped her arms with Taeyeon's. Taeyeon looked down at their arms and back at the young girl.

"Umm, did I say you could do this?" she asked, raising her eyebrow at the brunette. Tiffany removed her arm immediately.

"S-sorry, I just thought that now that we’re friends-" she began, but Taeyeon cut her off.

"It's... fine just… warn me before you do things like that." Taeyeon said. She couldn't believe she was being nice to her. 'Kim Taeyeon what is wrong with you? Are you seriously allowing yourself to become friends with a despicable mortal? Well… she is really nice…. And there's something about her that’s just…. Yah! Get your thoughts straight.' Taeyeon thought to herself as they turned into an alleyway.

"Taetae, you can leave now if you want I live just right there." Tiffany said, pointing to a building and smiling at the shorter woman.

"Thank you for walking with me." she said.

"It was no problem, Tiffany." Taeyeon said smiling back, and to her surprise the smile was genuine for once. She held out her hand for Tiffany to shake it. Tiffany smiled and went to hug Taeyeon instead. Though it caught Taeyeon off guard, she did not protest. But when made contact with Taeyeon, all of her repressed memories that Taeyeon had tampered with flooded back to her. She remembered watching the person in her arms, one she thought was her new friend, ripping the face off of an innocent man, and draining the blood from his system. She ripped back from the hug in horror, staring at Taeyeon in disbelief.

"Y-you, I remember you.. You killed that man that night at the club you were performing at! Wait! You’re the one who killed SunMi aren't you?! That's why you were in the bathroom so long…" Tiffany exclaimed, slowly backing away from the older woman, fear in her eyes.

"Y-you’re a terrible monster!" she screamed, before turning to run. The fear of her secret being discovered snapped something in Taeyeon’s brain, and the blood lust set in quickly. She couldn’t let Tiffany escape. Taeyeon appeared in front of Tiffany, causing her to smack into the vampire and fall to the ground. Tiffany looked up at Taeyeon, and the woman she knew was gone, her reserved face replaced with a startling grin. When she caught Taeyeon’s eyes, her body became paralyzed.

"Aw, poor little Tiffany remembers everything does she? You know, the sad thing is, I was just beginning to take a liking to you, too." Taeyeon growled carnivorously.

‘I really didn't want to have to kill you, but since you know my little secret, you’ve given me no choice. No hard feelings." she hissed, before quickly moving to the younger woman’s neck. Her eyes began changing color again as she leaned over the younger girls helpless body. She sniffed the woman’s neck, the smell of her fear intensifying the blood lust even further. Tiffany had become so terrified she couldn't even speak. Taeyeon took no further time, and bit into her neck quickly draining her sweet blood from her. She stopped suddenly when she heard weak Tiffany give a whimper, the brunette struggling to form words.

"P-please… no…" Tiffany begged with one last effort. Taeyeon pulled away and stared into the younger woman's eyes, watching as a single tear escaped, before they glazed over and shut.

"Well it didn't take much to kill you did it? I wasn’t even finished draining you…." Taeyeon spoke to herself. After a pause, the blood lust wore off, and the realization of what she’d just done set in. Taeyeon began to panic.

"How am I supposed to explain this to the other girls? They'll think I abandoned her and then they’ll complain to the CEO and he’ll fire me…. Ugh, no, I can't think about this right now." she ranted to herself as she looked down at the lifeless body in front of her.

"I'm going take you home with me for now... I'll have to dispose of your body in the morning…." she said to herself as she picked up Tiffany’s lifeless body bridal style and began to walk home, making sure to take back streets so no one would notice her.


I'm going to go hide now. Next chapter should hopefully be up soon if I keep pestering Sunshiner21 :P If you enjoyed, comment and subscribe :D