Chapter 2

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Hawkelion here again! Sunshiner21 is busy writing and since I just finished editing this I figured I'd put it up now. We hope you enjoy :D Oh, I make it a point to reply to commenters in the authornotes, I know we can directly reply and all now but it's just something I'm used to.

Ha! A wild Sunshiner21 appears at the last second! I just wanted to thank like everyone who's been reading so far! I am now off to continue writing! And 1 more time I'd also like to say thanks Hawkelion! yoooouuuu are awesome for helping me with this. :D  (hehe, I know. :P)

@Broken_immortality: Thank you for being the first commenter! We're glad you like the idea so far :D


 The manager stood up from his seat, having laid out just about everything the girls needed to know about what they were going to be doing over the course of the next year.

"So then ladies great first meeting, and just to be clear, we've decided to name the group So Nyuh Shi Dae." he said as a last second thought, The nine girls looked to their manager with a displeased looks on their faces. "So Nyuh Shi Dae?" Jessica asked, looking at him to be sure he was serious.

"Yes, it fits your image. I don’t want to hear any complaints, this was already officially decided." he said as he began to gather the paperwork  in front of him. He began to leave the room before someone interrupted him.

"Oh, wait!" Yuri exclaimed as she shot up suddenly.

"What about a leader? We never discussed who it was going to be." she pointed out. Their manager looked at her with a blank look before realization hit.

"Oh right! How could I forget? My apologies. By the rules it must be the eldest member of the group, keep that in mind, it’s nothing to do with how capable or incapable we think you are…. Let me check all of your files really quickly…." he trailed off as he rifled through the paperwork in front of them.

"Let's see… the eldest member is… March 9th, 1989…. That would be you, Taeyeon." he said looking to her with a smile. She faked a smile rolling her eyes the second he wasn't looking. She was not looking forward to having to lead these people.

"So then ladies with that being said you have the rest of the day to do whatever you want. We will begin practice tomorrow at 10 am, is that understood?" the manager asked The nine just nodded in reply.

"Ok then, ladies I'm off." he said, waving and smiling as he left the room. The nine women sat awkwardly in silence for awhile.

"So… how about we all go out and do something fun with the time we have off today?" Sunny said as she sat up in her seat, having been slumped over in boredom.

"There's a fair down the street that I've been dying to go to, we should all go there!" Yoona said almost jumping out of her chair in excitement.

"Sounds like fun, I'm in if all of you are?" Sunny said as she stood from her chair. There was a general round of excited agreement from everyone, except Taeyeon. She stood up from her chair, making her way to the door.

"Sorry, I can't." Sunny jumped up and grabbed her wrist, earning her a cold stare.

"Come on, Taeyeon, you’re the leader now! This is another way we can all get to know each other and become friends, and grow as a team, you have to come." Sunny reasoned. She threw in a pout for good measure. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, grimacing.

"Fine, fine, let’s just get this over with shall we? And stop the pouting, that wouldn’t work on me anyways." Taeyeon answered coldly, trying to get everyone’s eyes off her.

"Yay!" the members cheered, causing Taeyeon to inwardly groan.

"Well what are you all sitting around for? Let’s go!" Tiffany said as she headed out the door.

             

On the way to the fair, Taeyeon could see all of the girls had already bonded in a way before she’d joined and certain people tended to stick to each other, Yoona and Yuri stuck to each other like glue, and Sooyoung and Jessica where always together, usually with Tiffany though she would sometimes bounce between groups. Seohyun usually would stick with Yuri and Yoona, but Taeyeon noticed the young woman was trying to reach out to the seemingly antisocial Hyoyeon. And Sunny was all over the place, never sticking to one person for very long before she had started up a conversation with another. Taeyeon stayed back as she watched the other girls enjoy the fair, winning prizes and riding all the rides they could. Hours had gone by until it was late afternoon and Taeyeon was begging to grow weak from the sun rays. They didn't hurt her, they just made her uncomfortable and very fatigued if she stayed out for too long. On the way to ride the Ferris wheel, Taeyeon’s fatigue had become obvious and she didn’t look very well. She slowed her walking, her face very pale.

"Taeyeon are you okay?" Sooyoung asked turned to the older woman in concern, who had just then stumbled.

"I-I'm fine, I just need to get out of the sun for a bit." the shorter woman explained, looking away from Sooyoung over to a bench in the shade. She moved towards it and sat down. Sunny stepped in front of her to get a better look at her, scrutinizing her pale face.

"Taeyeon do you want me to go get you a burger from the stand over there? Maybe you just need something to eat." Sunny asked, start to walk but was stopped by Seohyun.

"Unnie, no! Those things are bad for you, they will end up killing her!" the young woman exclaimed. Sunny rolled her eyes at the brunette.

"Well by the looks of her, if she doesn't eat one, she'll die anyways." Sunny said turning to walk to the food stand.

"No, Sunny, wait." Taeyeon called to the blonde. Sunny turned to look at her.

"I really don't need food." she said trying to think up an excuse. It had occurred to her just then what might actually make her feel better, and though she still could eat food it wouldn’t make her feel any better.

"I really am fine, I just need to go to the, umm, bathroom." she said, standing up.

"You girls go have fun on the Ferris wheel. I'll catch up in a bit." she insisted, faking yet another smile and walking towards the restrooms. 'Ugh I really am thirsty…. I guess it’s time for me to rake in a meal.' Taeyeon thought to herself as she walked past the restrooms. She took a stance near them and tried to look busy reading a nearby bulletin board. She spotted a younger woman walking towards the restrooms, and decided this would be the perfect target as she was completely alone. Taeyeon turned watching her next prey walk inside, a smirk appearing on her pallid face. Her eyes began to change back to their original color again as she approached the restroom door. She walked in to find the young girl on the phone. She paused, pretending to wash her hands as she looked for an opening.

"I know, I had to go to the restroom, why are you freaking out?" the young girl stated. Taeyeon could faintly hear the sound of another much deeper voice arguing back over the small device. The young girl eyed Taeyeon wearily for a moment before turning away from her, somehow having missed the odd color of the woman’s eyes. Taeyeon was about to take the chance to strike, but something about the girl seemed odd. She felt as if this girl was oddly familiar, which didn’t make any sense because she was positive she had never met her in her long life.

"I'll be there in just a couple of minutes, Amber, don’t worry…. What was that? You think you saw Sica here?" the younger girl asked, her voice becoming excited. Taeyeon backed up, realizing the young girl must be related to Jessica, explaining the familiarity the girl gave off. The next moment, the young girl ran towards the door passing Taeyeon without a second glance.

“They must be sisters, they have the same eyes.” Taeyeon murmured to herself. Taeyeon was about to leave when another young woman walked in, a little older looking then the previous one. Taeyeon stopped, glad that she had a second chance. The young girl walked by Taeyeon ignoring her. Taeyeon took it upon herself to follow her closely up to the stall door. The young woman spun around quickly when she realized Taeyeon was about to follow her into the stall.

"WHAT DO YOU THI-" she began to yell, but was cut off by Taeyeon leaping at her neck and latching onto it, knocking them both into the open stall.

 

Taeyeon walked out of the stall moments after, being sure to lock the stall door where she just drained the life out of the young woman. No one was going to check the stall if they thought it was occupied. She walked over to the mirror to check of she had anything on her face. Spotting no signs of residual blood, she smiled to herself and walked out as if nothing had happened. She walked over to a tree and started to look around the place for the eight people she went there with. She spotted them walking towards her with two other people. Taeyeon grimaced at the thought of more people she'd have to be around.

"Taetae! What took you so long; we were getting worried about you!" Tiffany yelled as she ran up to the older woman. Taeyeon almost hissed in irritation.

"What did I tell you about the nickname thing?" she growled, but Tiffany ignored her comment. Taeyeon ignored Tiffany’s bright smile and turned her attention to the two people standing near Jessica. One was the young woman she had seen in the bathroom that she guessed was Jessica’s sister, and the other a blonde who at first Taeyeon thought was a young man but on closer inspection realized was actually a woman. She gave the other eight members a questioning glance.

"Oh, Taeyeon this is Krystal, she's Sica's little sister, and that's her “friend” Amber." Sooyoung explained.

“I knew it” Taeyeon mumbled under her breath.

"What was that, Taeyeon?" Jessica asked, confused.

"Oh, nothing." she turned to the two people looking at her questioningly.

"I'm Taeyeon, nice to meet you both." she said, nodding to them both. They smiled and bowed back to her politely.

“Likewise.” the both said.

"So, um, are we done here? I don’t mean to cut the fun short but… I really don't feel good right now." she said, acting like she was still feeling weary.  The other members looked around at each other.

"Yeah, we're all pretty tired I guess it would be best for all of us to start heading back." Tiffany said as she looked around to the other members.

"It was so good to see you again Amber." Jessica said to the blonde woman.

"Same to you, Jessica." Amber said very stiffly and formally as she glanced at Krystal. Jessica gave Amber an icy stare that made even Taeyeon shiver.

"Amber, you had better take care of my baby sister do you understand me? Hurt her, and I will end you." Jessica warned. Amber squirmed a bit under the brunette’s sharp gaze.

"You know I will, Jessica." Amber said, her voice sincere. Jessica eyed the two before a bit longer before nodding, waving them off. Amber smiled as the two walked off. A couple of the members snickered at the exchange, earning a glare from Jessica.

“What are you all laughing at?” she asked. Sooyoung smiled.

“Way to give Amber frostbite, Sica.” she teased. Jessica pouted.

“She’s my little sister; I’m entitled to a little overprotectiveness. Hmph.” she grumbled, earning more laughter.

"So, off we go then." Yuri exclaimed when the laughter had died down, and they all left the fair together happily.

       

 

 "Breaking news, the body of Lee SunMi, a member of the girl group the Wonder Girls, has been found dead at the fair near the SM building tonight in a bathroom stall. No further details have been released on how it happened but police have warned young women be extra careful until the culprit is caught. JYP entertainment has so far not released any statements regarding the loss of their artist"


Well anyways, hopefully the next chapter will be up soon. I have to thank Sunshiner21 for that little Kryber refference there xD Anyways, if you enjoy, comment and subscribe :D