Chapter 8

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Days have passed since Seohyun arrived at the temple. She was still in the state of recovering from what happened but she’s doing very well. She’s helping with some of the work even though Master Wu wouldn’t allow her to.

 

Instead, Master Wu encouraged her to go with Chansung, Yuan and Kuo at the falls this time since they will be training Yuri. Plus it will be her last day before she comes back to the mansion. She sat on one of the big rocks and observed them quietly.

 

 It’s her first time to see the three of them train someone. They are the chosen guardians she thought. As Seohyun observed them, she had a feeling that she already saw Yuan and Kuo somewhere but she can’t seem to remember. Ever since she became Ji Hyun’s vessel, her usual activities everyday has changed. Maybe she encountered them in school or in some establishment she thought.

 

Several minutes after, Yuan and Kuo went near her and took a seat on the big rocks beside her.

 

“It’s almost time for you to go back to the mansion. Insu cannot go with us so Kuo and I will accompany you instead.” Yuan explained.

 

“Very well. Let me just say goodbye then we can go.”

 

The three of them stood up and bid goodbye to Chansung and Yuri. Yuan and Kuo then wore their masks and gears before they left them. Master Wu was waiting for them outside when they arrived at the temple.

 

“Certainly, they don’t know that you’ll be arriving a few minutes from now. Take care of yourself Seohyun-sshi.”

 

“Yeah. And I haven’t seen them in a while. You too Master Wu. I’ll pay a visit here once in a while.”

 

After that, the three of them left the temple and they immediately arrived in front of the mansion in just a few minutes.

They were standing at the garden when they heard someone humming to a tune. A figure stood up showing a familiar eye smile with white roses on her hands.

 

“Seohyun? Seohyun!!”

 

 “Taengoo~! I missed you.”

 

They hugged each other as the two guardians at the back watched them.

 

Taeyeon noticed the two figures on Seohyun’s back and her brows furrowed.

 

“Uhm, who are they? And why are they wearing masks?”

 

Seohyun broke the hug and pulled her towards them. “They’re the guardians at the Taoist temple. This is Yuan and Kuo.” She pointed each of them. “And this is my best friend Taeyeon.”

 

Kuo and Yuan looked at each other and just waved their hands.

 

“Don’t they speak or talk?”

 

“Well…” Seohyun looked at them.

 

“It’s okay. We could but not all the time.” Yuan finally spoke.  

 

“Less words, more action. That’s what our Master said.” Kuo added.

 

Taeyeon was a bit surprised but she just chuckled. “Okay then. At least come inside so that we could introduce you to everyone.”

 

“Thank you but we can’t stay for long. At the right time we could make arrangements for that.” Yuan answered.

 

“Well, I could pay a visit at the Taoist temple, right?”

 

“At the right time, Ms. Taeyeon.” They both answered and bowed. “It’s time for us to go.” After that, they vanished to thin air.

 

Taeyeon was surprised when they suddenly disappeared. “Woah. Those two are…weird. I’m curious on how they look behind that mask.”

 

Seohyun expected that she’s gonna be meticulous and curious once she meet the guardians since they are mysterious people to start with.

 

“Hmmm, Where are they?” she tried to change the subject.


“Oh! Everyone’s here since it’s a weekend today.”

 

Then Seohyun felt an aura in front of them. A similar figure showed up. Her eyes became teary and she immediately embraced her.

 

“Seo Joo Hyun, I’m expecting that you’ve learned a lot from the temple.”

 

She just nodded.

 

“We were meant to separate since you’ve already experienced rebirth.”

 

“Ya! Where have you been?” A voice came from behind Ji Hyun. “I thought you were dead already.”

 

“Yonghwa, she just came back. That’s not the right way to greet her you know.” Taeyeon commented.

 

He didn’t mind what she said and walked towards Seohyun. She stiffened a bit but felt relieved when he just walked past her. He just left them and went upstairs.

 

Minhyuk and Jonghyun just arrived from the kitchen when Yonghwa walked out. They were dumbfounded on why he had an irritated expression. They saw Seohyun and they’re faces brightened up.

 

“Seohyun-ah~! Where have you been? We missed you.” Both of them uttered in unison and held her hand.

 

Seohyun smiled upon seeing them again. “I’m fine. I was on the state of recovering at the temple. I apologize if everyone’s been worried.”

 

“That’s alright. You’re here now and that’s more important.” Seven said as he came with Han Byul.

 

Seven and the others agreed for a little celebration at lunch time for Seohyun’s return.

 

Minhyuk, Jonghyun, Taeyeon, and Han Byul were busy at the kitchen preparing for the food. Seven, on the other hand, is at his office working on something important after helping them out.

 

“Should we really do this? At least let me help out.” Seohyun uttered with hesitation. Han Byul held her hand and let take a seat on the dining table.

 

“No worries Seohyun-ah. Besides, we don’t do this all the time. So just sit there while the food is almost ready, arasso?” She said with a reassuring smile and Seohyun just smiled in return.

 

‘But what did I do that made Yonghwa so irritated? It’s my fault though. Am I adding burden to them?’ she thought.

 

“What are you thinking?” Ji Hyun came to sit next to her.

 

She just shook her head with all the weird thoughts she had. ‘I shouldn’t think like that.’

 

“Nothing really. I’ll just go to my room for now. I need to get something.”

 

Ji Hyun just nodded as Seohyun went upstairs.

 

She’s at the corridor of the second floor when Yonghwa came out from his room. Seohyun stiffened again and remembered his irritated expression from earlier. Both of them stopped walking as he made eye contact with her.

 

“You have something to say?” he finally spoke.

“Are you…mad at me? I’m sorry I was too weak that I haven’t saved Tiffany unnie and her fiancé.” she knew it was a risky question but those words just came out from .

 

Yonghwa walked towards her and stopped near her. This time he had a calm expression.

 

“You clumsy girl. Everyone’s damn worried about you when you were gone and it’s giving me a headache.” He paused for a while and had a serious expression again which mad her scared.

 

Yonghwa raised his hand and Seohyun closed her eyes expecting for the worst. ‘Is he gonna slap me?’

 

“I guess it was meant to happen and it’s out of our control. It isn’t your fault.” She opened her eyes once again as his hand landed on top of her head sliding down to her hair.

 

“And I’m not mad at you, okay? I was worried too like everyone was.” Yonghwa smiled a bit.

 

‘He’s…actually worried about me?’ Seohyun can sense her face heating up so she just turned her back from him.

 

“Uhm… I need to get something from my room. You can go down first.” She walked fast until she reached the door to her room.

 

“Oh. Okay then.” He replied with a confused look.

 

She immediately lied on her bed and hugged her pillow. “Seriously Seohyun. It’s just a matter of camaraderie concept. But his smile is just…cute.”

 

Seohyun sighed deeply on the last word she said and shook her head. “Tsk. I need to change my clothes.”

 

Later on, the small get together celebration went on. Seohyun is back with them and they’re finally relieved that she’s safe.

 

-----------------------------------

 

That night after everything that happened, Taeyeon and Minhyuk were called by Seven. They immediately went to his office and Jonghyun was also there.

 

“A party will be held tonight inside the castle house. You need to get the demon samples and destroy the underground facility as much as possible. Taeyeon will get the demon samples and place it inside this briefcase. Minhyuk do whatever it takes to destroy everything without explosions needed.”

 

Taeyeon and Minhyuk looked at each other and nodded. “We’ll do it.”

 

Jonghyun gave a pair of earrings on the both of them for communication.

 

“One question. Is it only the two of us this time?” Minhyuk asked in curiosity.

 

“Yes. So get dressed now and be ready in 30 minutes.” Seven answered quickly as the two of them went back to their rooms.

 

Both of them were deployed at the bushes near the castle. They made their way to the underground facility and moved swiftly as possible. There weren’t many guards as before since most of them were at the party.

 

No one was present when they arrived. A lot of machines were working and the demon blood samples were displayed at the corner with a green light underneath it.

 

Minhyuk planted some nanomites in every machine while Taeyeon carefully placed the samples in the briefcase.

 

“This is piece of cake as I’ve expected.” Minhyuk whispered.

 

“Get out of there fast!”

 

The both of them heard someone warning them.

 

“Ji Hyun?” they both uttered.

 

“Let’s get out of here.” Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

Two masked figures suddenly appeared in front of them. It made Minhyuk surprised.

 

“Woah. Woah. I didn’t expect us to have company this time.” He said.

 

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked which made Minhyuk confused.

 

“W-wait! You know them?”

 

After that, they held their arms as the four of them disappeared from the place and they immediately arrived at the mansion.

 

Both of them went dumbfounded on what just happened. “Did we just…teleport?” Minhyuk went confused.

 

“I think so.” Taeyeon held her forehead and looked around. “Where are the people who brought u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter