Chapter 10

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys. I'm finally back :)) I'm restoring my creative imagination for the past few days. Hope you enjoy this chapter. :) 

---------------------------------------------

 

DAY 5

 

The following day, championship round of the remaining Sports events took place in the different areas of the campus.

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon and Wooyoung are teaching their co-participants in the entire day for the opening number of the Culmination night the following day. It was given to them on the eleventh hour so they should double-time. Good thing, all of them can catch up easily to the routine and steps so they weren’t having a hard time. They also got help from non-participating students for their props.

 

*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*


“Good job! Let’s take a break for ten minutes.” Taeyeon said to everyone and she immediately sat down on the floor with sweat dripping from her face.

 

“Here.” Wooyoung gave her a towel which was provided for them from the sponsors.

 

“Thanks.” She opened it up and noticed a brand mark on it. She just immediately rubbed it on the side of her face, getting rid of the sweat. “Finally we’re on the last part.”

 

“Yeah. You did a great job.”

 

She looked at him with disbelief. “What? Are you kidding me? Your ‘spicing up’ thing worked well with the whole routine. So good job to you too.” She said while pushing him playfully on the arm.

 

He smirked as he looked at her. “It was just a suggestion for the group. I didn’t think you would agree to it.”

 

Taeyeon thought of something as they were having chitchat. “You know what, I got a little ‘spicing up’ towards the end. But…it’s just between me and you.”

 

She got his attention and he had this curious look on his face. “Okay. Tell me about it later.”

 

 

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

They finished at four in the afternoon and everyone bid goodbye to each other. As soon as everyone went out, Taeyeon went towards the mirror and did some stretching. Wooyoung was just sitting at the side while looking at her.

 

“So what’s it gonna be, Miss Taeyeon?”

 

She just looked at him through the mirror. “Have you done lyrical dance before?”

 

He was looking around and thought of it. “Hmm, I’ve done it twice before but it was way way back.”

 

“So it won’t be hard then.”

 

Wooyoung finally stood up and went beside her. “Wait. What’s the concept?”

 

“Since we already incorporated an evolution of dances, let’s make it a sort of…lyrical hiphop with a romantic feel.”

 

He stared at her through the mirror and let out a small laugh. “Are you sure about that?”

 

“Of course. Why? It’s okay, if you don’t want to.”

 

“No, no. That’s not what I meant. Sure, I’ll go for it.” He replied and nodded to her.

 

After that, both of them started practicing. It was a two-minute routine but it requires a lot of grace in mannerism.

 

Two hours later, they were done and just have to do some finishing touches. They were just having a quick break.

 

“Oh by the way, I’m sorry I was kind of hesitant a while ago to do this.” He suddenly blurted out.

 

She was just sitting next to him that time while tying her hair up in a bun. “It’s okay. We’re even almost finished now.”

 

He nodded and smiled a bit. “To be honest, I don’t really do this just there and then.”

 

Taeyeon was surprised to hear his confession. “Oh really? Then why did you agree immediately to my idea?”

 

“Because…you’re cool like a comfortable pillow and warm like a mother’s embrace.” He said while looking at her and leaning the back of his head towards the wall.

 

Taeyeon froze a bit after hearing his reply and looked at him weirdly. She just pushed his arm away. “Okaaay. Now you’re using a metaphor.”

 

The truth is she already felt embarrassed and conscious that time. ‘I need to calm down. Those are just words for goodness sake. This is no big deal.’ That’s what she thought and said to herself.

 

Wooyoung smiled warmly and leaned towards her. “That’s my way of saying thank you.”

 

“Alright. I’ll accept that. But first, I’m way too far to be like a pillow. I don’t even have enough fats in my body. Second, I’m not even your mother.”

 

He almost laughed hysterically towards her reaction but managed to stop himself.

 

“Well, metaphor just works that way but it’s not all the time literal. A lot of things in this world are not directly given or understood. Sometimes we need to dig deep to know its meaning.”

 

“You have a point there.” Taeyeon replied while nodding. “Do you mind if I ask if you like Shakespeare stuff? Because you sound so poetic.”

 

“Let’s just say that Yonsei University focuses more on all kinds of arts.”

 

‘I think I’m gonna have a headache here. I’m like talking to a modern-aged classical dude with blonde hair that happens to be so talented and…well…why am I even considering his looks?’ she thought of a lot of things that time that made her more curious.

 

“Anyway, should we resume?” she added to divert her attention back.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

 

“Oh you two finally met? And you’re even partners? How’s the practice then?” Seohyun asked with a tone of excitement and joy.

 

Taeyeon nodded with a pout. “Yeah. Well, his ideas on the first part were really good. And I suggested something to do on the last part. But of course, it’ll be a surprise for tomorrow. So you should be well already.”

 

Seohyun clapped in excitement and smiled. “That’s good. It makes me excited. Well, I’m feeling better now compared to yesterday.”

 

“Good! So I’ll be expecting you tomorrow. Besides, you should receive your award personally and watch our performance.”

 

“Sure. I’ll be there.” Seohyun said with a smile.

 

“Alright. I’ll head back to my room now. I need to prepare for tomorrow. Good night.”

 

Both of them gave each other a warm hug before heading towards their rooms.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

“Do you have any idea on how much I invested for you to be in the position that you are now?!”

 

“Superior, please reconsider. Please give me more time.”

 

“NO! And don’t make me repeat myself!” Then an idea came to his head that made him smirk. “Why don’t we go immediately to the source? I believe that if it’s weakened then the team will be shaken.”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

“AN AMAZING EVENING TO EVERYONE!!!” the emcee greeted all the students, teachers, staff, coaches and the other supporting staff upon the start of the Awarding ceremony slash Culmination night.

 

The gymnasium was in full house with colorful lights all around and everyone is cheering and enjoying the night as dance and song presentations were showcased simultaneously in between the Awarding of the Athletes and Universities.

 

Taeyeon and the team were preparing themselves at the backstage since they will be the next performers. She was helping out the others in fixing their hairs, makeup, and outfit to make the work fast.

 

“Taeyeon, it’s your group’s turn in 5 minutes.” One of the organizers reminded them.

 

“Okay mam. Thanks.” She responded shortly while still focused on putting some silver and gold hairspray on her and looking at the mirror after the last member was done.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter