Chapter 3

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Aziatix - Cold

 

Seohyun went to her locker to leave some books from the morning session when he noticed a bunch of students encircling just at the corner near her.

 

“Oppas do you have girlfriends already?” one fangirl asked.

 

“Uhh, of course not. Hehe.” A familiar voice answered that made Seohyun look on their direction.

 

It was Jonghyun who answered while scratching the back of his head while Yonghwa was just beside him looking on other directions. But then, he caught Seohyun looking at them.

 

Seohyun’s eyes widen and just turned her back from him.

 

“Oh isn’t that Seohyun? Hey~!” Jonghyun exclaimed while pointing his index finger to her.

 

She started to walk a bit faster and just looked down.

 

Unfortunately, Jonghyun caught up with her and held her shoulders. “Why are you in a hurry? You’re not possibly ignoring us, right?” he said and pouted.

 

“A-Annyeo. My feet are just too eager to walk.” She said and smiled sarcastically.

 

“Perhaps, she is within you and she’s pretty fast.” Jonghyun thought with his right hand on his jaw wondering and nodding by himself.

 

 Seohyun smiled a bit but then her gaze went to Yonghwa who was looking somewhere. She noticed that he was looking at Tiffany who’s coming towards their direction while reading a certain book.

 

“Watch your step when you’re walking.” Yonghwa blurted out as Tiffany took notice of him then to Jonghyun and Seohyun around.

 

“Oh…hi there guys! Sorry can’t talk to you a bit longer. I’m a bit busy today. See you later.” She greeted them shortly and went away.

 

“Still very diligent, I see?” Jonghyun commented. “Anyway, let’s go lunch together!” he said while holding Seohyun and Yonghwa’s shoulders.

 

“Oh yeah.  I just want to ask you something.” Jonghyun faced her as she listened intently. “It’s not that I’m offending you but how old are you guys?”

 

“Do we really look that old Seohyun-sshi?” Jonghyun pointed to himself and pouted.

 

“No it’s not like that. I was just…curious.” She immediately reasoned out while shaking her head in disagreement.

 

“We’re still 19.” Yonghwa blurted out.

 

“Yeah. But honestly...” Jonghyun suddenly whispered. “…we’ve already finished high school in a special class a year ago.”

 

“W-What?! But why did you enroll again?”

 

“Hmmm, I think we better talk about this matter somewhere. There may be spies sent here. That’s why…WE SHOULD GO LUNCH TOGETHER! HAHA! Let’s go~!”

 

Jonghyun dragged the both of them as they went out of school at a nearby restaurant. Only a few students were there since mostly eat their food at the school cafeteria, gazebo, rooftop, and some even goes home.

 

“Finally~, food is served.” Jonghyun said as he dived into his meal like there was no tomorrow.

 

Seohyun looked at him in disbelief then to Yonghwa who was just eating his meal religiously.

 

‘How come the two of them can get along? They’re too opposite from each other.’ She thought and just ate her food too.

 

After a few minutes….

 

“Ahhh~! That was good.” Jonghyun smiled hysterically.

 

 ‘During these times, you can’t really tell that they’re from a secret organization where I only see on TV.’ She thought.

 

“So basically…boss gave us a task just yesterday and that’s to enroll to the same school you are in.” Jonghyun started all of a sudden.

 

“We are tasked to look out for you.” Yonghwa added. “It may seem subtle but you can’t just trust anybody even they’re your friends. One might stab you at the back without you or us knowing.”

 

“We’re not letting you feel afraid, Seohyun-sshi but we’re just reminding you to be cautious.” Jonghyun added.

 

“Anyway, enough with the serious topic, do you have a boyfriend?” Jonghyun rested his head on one of his arms and looked at her with a smirk.

 

Seohyun’s head backed off a little as she looked at him in awe by his sudden question. She just shook her head in disagreement.

 

“Jonghyun, you sound like a stalker. Stop making her anxious.” Yonghwa blurted out. “Since we have classes throughout the day, we’ll be training twice a week. That will be around evening, got it?”

 

“Yeah. You’ll be training with the seven of us and that includes boss.”

 

“I understand.” She felt more anxious that she’ll be training together with the top members.

 

 After that, they went back to the campus for their afternoon class.

 

 

At the mansion…

 

Tiffany and Seohyun were aiming for the bull’s eye on their archery training. Seohyun used her recurve bow in which she also uses at school.

 

They released the string at the same time but hit different portions. Tiffany hit perfectly while Seohyun was just one line away.

 

“You’re good.” Tiffany commented.

 

“Well, not as good as you though.” Seohyun scratched the back of her head in frustration.

 

Tiffany smiled at her and held her hand. “Everyone starts in scratch so just keep practicing.”

 

She just nodded in agreement and smiled at her.

 

 

In Seohyun’s room…

 

“Arrrgghh…I’m so tired.” She said as she lies on her bed.

 

“It’s just the beginning yet you’re already complaining.” The katana glowed and floated on air just across her bed.

 

“You can say that again. The present generation is totally different from yours.” She exclaimed and closed her eyes.

 

“I’m just wondering…on why that Jung Yonghwa has a mysterious aura.”

 

“He is. He doesn’t show much expressions and emotions unlike Jonghyun. I can say that he’s a stone.”

 

Ji Hyun suddenly kept quiet that made Seohyun wonder. She turned her head on her side and looked at the glowing and floating sword.

 

“Ji Hyun-sshi?”

 

“Oh…I apologize. I was in deep thought just now.”

 

“Is there something wrong?” Seohyun asked while sitting on bed facing the sword.

 

“That Yonghwa…he has the same aura as my master.”

 

“Really? Does your master act like him?”

 

“Yes. He’s very strict towards skills but then very much kind-hearted.”

 

“Kind-hearted, huh? I don’t know if that guy has that quality.”

 

“You haven’t known him that much yet, Seohyun. Anyway, you’re doing well with your training. Days from now, there’s gonna be a mission. You must be ready for that.”

 

Seohyun just nodded in agreement and sighed. Then she suddenly remembered something which made him jump from her bed.

 

“Waaaahh~!!! I almost forgot we’re gonna have a test tomorrow!!” With that, she immediately gets her notes and textbook as she started to study.

 

“Clumsy kid. Good luck, Seohyun. I’ll leave you now so that you can concentrate.”

 

“Hehe…Alright. Thanks.”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

In a castle-like mansion lived numerous trained assassins and their leader which was having a good time at the veranda with a cup of tea.

 

 “I already warned you to take caution. You were lucky she didn’t finish your lives.” A guy’s voice said while sitting and facing the huge garden seen from the veranda of the building.

 

The two assassins looked at each other and felt ashamed from the disappointment expressed.

 

“We were being cautious but then, she was too fast all of a sudden that I didn’t even see her move from one place to another.” The pony-tailed one explained.

 

“Even so. The two of you are my best students, Hyoyeon.” He said typically but with a tone of disappointment.

 

“Never mind that.  I’ll give you and Sooyoung another chance. You should spy on her at the White

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter