Is this a Dream or a Drama?

His Majesty's Dragon

Sorry this took longer than expected but I do have a life outside of GTOP but I hope you all enjoy this. 8)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 1 - Is this a Dream or a Drama?

 

Jiyong awoke with a splitting headache and everything seemed to hurt. He scrunched his eyes closed but to no avail he couldn't convince his body to go back to sleep. That's when he noticed it.

 

He was sleeping in silk sheets. He was laying wrapped in silk sheets.

 

His hand moved around, he was wearing silk.

 

What the hell happened last night he thought his headache taking back seat momentarily. Without opening his eyes he concentrated on his surroundings, it was eerily quiet he could hear the chirping of birds and the quiet murmur of people speaking. His eyes blinked open when his hearing failed to capture the everyday sounds he was used to like speeding cars and motorcycles and the neighbors sending their kids to school.

 

Blinking he looked around only to confirm that he wasn't at home.

 

“Where am I?” he quietly asked looking around the room noticing it looked similar to those historical dramas he and his friends had watched. Sitting up he got out of bed; disconcerted at seeing the silk robes he had been sleeping in. running a hand through his disheveled long hair. Stumbling slightly he walked towards the sliding doors. He was going to kill Seungri if he was playing a prank on him.

 

The door slid open before he even touched it and he stumbled back seeing the same old man from the night before with a pretty maid behind him with a tray in hand. “You're awake! Well that's good” the old man nodded to the girl as she placed the tray on a table and bowed her way out of the room.

 

“What do you want? And where am I?” Jiyong asked scuttling away from the man before him.

 

The man held up a finger and then removed an amulet from around his neck and it was like a veil was lifted from Jiyong's eyes.

 

The old man was no longer old.

 

In fact he wasn't just not old, he was maybe a few years older then Jiyong and incredibly handsome.

 

“I'm Choi Dongwook the King's half brother.”

 

“You're not old” Jiyong murmured as he sat heavily on the silk sheets of the bed.

 

Dongwook carefully approached Jiyong before taking his hand in his. “I'm sorry. I know you must be very confused but we need you--” “To save the king” Jiyong finished the man's sentence. “Yes.” “Are you... are you insane? It's two thousand twelve we don't have a king in Korea! Did Seungri pay you to play this prank on me!?” Jiyong demanded as he stood in hopes of equaling their height difference, only to find that he was still several inches shorter.

 

Dongwook blew a stray strand of black hair that had fallen onto his face. “I know this is hard for you to understand Jiyong. I had to time travel to find you. I'm not the only one that's been looking for you. The king's enemies have also been searching history for you. Heaven came to me in a dream and spoke to me. It told me that I'd never find you in history. So that only left one option, the future.”

 

Jiyong gaped at the other. Was he being auditioned for some historical drama? Taking a deep breath Jiyong closed his eyes and tried to control his blood pressure. “Okay...” Jiyong paused to gather his thoughts before he continued “You say that I need to save this King. I don't have anything that I could offer your king. I don't even know how to fight!”

 

Dongwook turned away from Jiyong and poured a small cup of tea and handed it to Jiyong.

 

“I don't know either. All the prophecy said was that the person with the mark of the dragon would lead the King away from a dangerous path and will deliver the Kingdom's saving grace.”

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow “The person with the mark of the dragon?” “Yes it took me so long to find you. Your name means dragon, you were born in the year of the dragon, on the eighth month on the eighteenth day of the year of nineteen eighty eight, I think that;s all the proof I need” Dongwook explained with a smile.

 

Jiyong skeptically looked at Dongwook but could not find anything else to argue his headache was coming back and this time with a vengeance. “Drink the tea it will make you feel better. After I'll have your retainers help you bathe and get dressed. After if you wish we can speak further” Dongwook gestured to Jiyong's now cold tea cup he had been holding.

 

Nodding Jiyong drank his tea and almost immediately felt relief. He looked at Dongwook the question plain on his face. “It's merely herbs to help you calm down and control small pains, don't worry it's safe to drink as much as you'd like.” Jiyong nodded and drank some more before he opted for a rice cake that was sitting on the plate on the tray.

 

Setting his cup down Dongwook stood and bowed to Jiyong “I'll be taking my leave now. You can rest for a couple of hours. If you need anything Bochun is outside just call her and she will be right in to help you with whatever you need.” Jiyong nodded and bowed his head as he watched Dongwook leave the room with a whirl of his hanbok.

 

Eating until he was satisfied Jiyong sighed and stretched before he stood and moved around the room. He explored all the trinkets and cabinets in his room. In one of the dressers he discovered various hanboks. All beautiful and unique in design.

 

Going back to his bed he lay down and stared at the ornate ceiling. He was supposed to save a King? He snorted at that thought but if this was a ed up dream why hasn't he woken up yet? He pinched himself just to double check, sure enough it hurt and he was still here. Sighing he covered his face with his hands and thought about what Dongwook had said. Deliver the kingdom's saving grace? What the hell did that mean? He looked around when he remembered that he wasn't wearing his clothes.

 

Jumping up he again looked around and went to the dresser and opened the drawers again and this time searched through everything and under a dragon shaped box he found his wallet, passport and his pack of cigarettes. Looking at the items he scratched his head thinking about what he was supposed to deliver right up until his fingers hit a snag in his hair and he grumbled at how greasy and tangled his hair was.

 

Walking to the door he slid it open and sure enough the girl, Bochun, was standing there.

 

“Um... I feel gross. Can I take a bath?” Jiyong asked awkwardly. “Yes we'll be right in sir” she bowed low and quickly scurried off. Standing in the doorway he looked around and his breath was taken away from the scenery he was witnessing.

 

A sprawling mountain range lay hidden under clouds and the various pavilions around drew his attention. Stepping up to the polished wooden rail he wrapped his hand around it as he took in what he was seeing. This place is like a dream he thought in wonder as he saw various guards dressed in armor and ladies in uniform hanboks moving about taking care of chores.

 

“Mistress you shouldn't be standing outside in your night robes. Come, you desired to bathe” an old woman wearing the same hanbok as Bochun spoke to him as she bowed to him. “Ah.. but I'm not a girl” he protested as she grabbed his arm and dragged him back inside his room. “Doesn't matter you shouldn't be walking around outside in night clothes” the old woman lightly scolded as she made sure he was sitting in the anteroom while her and Bochun filled a bamboo tub with hot water.

 

Without even blinking both women stripped him and settled him in the tub even though he complained and whined that he didn't need help. Settling into the warm water Jiyong relaxed and decided that he might as well enjoy the five star treatment before he woke up from this weird dream.

 

As he drifted between the land of the awake and unconsciousness a sudden thought struck him. Where's Seungri? He sat up just in time for the old woman to come in with a basket in her hands.

 

“Choose a scent we have pink rose, cherry blossom, peach blossom, lavender, and chamomile” she said as he moved the glass bottle around.”

 

Jiyong looked at her thoughtfully before he asked “What scent would the king like?” her old eyes turned to look at him and he noticed that she didn't seem amused “How would you suppose I would know that? Now, choose one” she commanded before she smiled softly “Although in the past he did have a soft spot for peach blossom.”

 

Jiyong smiled before he confirmed the peach blossom choice. Nodding the old woman set aside the basket and took out three bottles. Calling Bochun the two women proceeded to clean him and once again he squeaked in indignation even though they continued to ignore him as they scrubbed him clean with soft cloths and used the peach blossom oils to massage into his skin as they also washed his hair with the same oils.

 

Being pulled out of the tub he was once again attacked but this time he just took it like a man and let them dry every area of his skin and hair before three more ladies joined into the party and started to dress him in a bright red hanbok. He was silently lamenting at how many women had seen his body but none of them blinked an eye.

 

When they were done Bochun informed him that she was going to get Dongwook. Nodding he sat in a chair and looked in a mirror smiling at his now clean hair. He had adamantly told the ladies to just brush it and not do anything fancy with it.

 

As he waited he became curious though. Who was the King? What did he look like? In his head he imagined one of the actors from some of the dramas but he couldn't be sure.

 

“Why me?” he groaned softly as he laid his head on the table.

 

The sliding door opened and Dongwook came through with someone following him.

 

“Ah look at you. The King is going to like you” he grinned as he looked Jiyong over after he had bowed when he entered.

 

Jiyong blushed slightly before he smiled brightly.

 

“Hyung you're okay!” Seungri exclaimed as he rushed to hug his best friend. “I'm glad you're okay too Ri” Jiyong hugged the other back.

 

“Your pleasantries are touching but we have an appointment to keep. You'll be meeting the king in an hours time before then you'll have something to eat” Dongwook said as moved to leave the room.

 

“We're going to meet the King?” Jiyong asked looking over at Dongwook.

 

“Yes you'll be meeting the King.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh? So that means the king will be introduced in the next chapter right? XD

What do ya'll think?