The First of Many

His Majesty's Dragon

It's been a long time comin' but it's here now.... XD You saw what I did there? .... *crickets chirping*

YEAH okay I know it's been like.... forever and a day. And I really don't have much of an excuse except... Real Life.

The bulk of this was written during one of my Psych courses. XD I was being so productive at the same time as we were talking about how Aristotle and Galileo influenced the future of Psychology.... >> Sorry I know none of ya'll care.

ANYWAYS... enjoy! =D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 6 – The First of Many

 

“Thank you.”

 

The king blinked in surprise as Jiyong bowed to him his forehead touching his hands as he paid his respect. He nodded and spoke softly for Jiyong to take a seat.

 

“I know you must be still angry at me and I really appreciate that you didn't have me killed last night” Jiyong began as he sat in the chair next to Seunghyun.

 

The king studied the other as he rambled about something or other. He's quite beautiful, Seunghyun thought as he studied the others face.

 

“May I ask you something?”

 

Jiyong stopped mid ramble and blushed profusely at what he had just done, “Please?”

 

“Tell me about your world.”

 

Jiyong was completely taken aback by the request and how different the king looked when he wasn't trying to glare his soul into oblivion.

 

“Your majesty I apologize for the interruption but you are needed immediately!”

 

Jiyong recognized the blonde he smiled warily at him.

 

The king stood and walked to the other “Daesung what happened?”

 

Jiyong could not hear what Daesung was saying but he could tell it was something serious by the worried expression that took over the king's face.

 

Jiyong watched the king walk away and he looked to Daesung who came up to him.

 

“I'm sorry sir but the king must attend to something right now. He told me that he would send for you when he finished” Daesung told Jiyong as he stood beside him. “Okay” Jiyong nodded and stood and let Daesung lead him to the door where Seungri and Youngbae flanked him.

 

Setting foot inside his pavilion Jiyong turned and motioned for Youngbae and Seungri to follow him.

 

Jiyong smiled at the girl waiting in the room and dismissed her and told the two to sit.

 

“What happened? And Daesung, he's different from everyone around here” Jiyong asked as he looked at Youngbae for answers.

 

“Daesung's the king's personal guard” Youngbae answered “But he doesn't carry a sword like you or the others” Jiyong pointed out “And he has blond hair.”

 

“He's from where you're from Jiyong. But not just that, he has abilities too.”

 

“Abilities?”

 

Seungri and Jiyong both looked at each other with a raised eyebrow before looking at Youngbae.

 

“He's able to manipulate water. It's scary in a way but that's why he's the king's guard he's able to protect him. Besides he's the only person the king trusts and speaks to on friendly terms.”

 

“Okay so... Daesung and Dongwook have magic powers, what about you?” Jiyong asked looking intently at Youngbae who blushed and looked down. “I have nothing except my strength.”

 

“I'd say” Seungri agreed as he smirked at Youngbae making the other avoid eye contact.

 

Jiyong looked between the two and decided he did not want or need to know.

 

“There's something about Youngbae I'm pretty sure you'll surprise us. So what happened? Daesung came into the pavilion in a hurry” Jiyong asked again once the red in Youngbae's cheeks had gone away. “Yeah apparently someone set a couple of people's houses on fire in town. They were merchant homes too. No one related to the king's government” Youngbae explained.

 

“Wouldn't that be accidents though? Someone left their cooking fire going or something?” Jiyong reasoned “Not in this case, these fires were intentional” Youngbae shook his head as he glanced out the window “I have to go now though.”

 

“Wait you people are not telling me anything. How am I supposed to 'help' if I don't know” Jiyong frowned “I'm not stupid obviously these fires have something to do with the king and what's going on around here.”

 

“Jiyong it's not that we don't want to tell you. It's that we have to keep what's going on as secret as possible. We cannot have what's going on leaving the high ranks of the government. Our enemies would just move faster and we're weak. I know you don't understand how but we are. Meanwhile quite a few of the soldiers have begun following them but we can't do anything since nothing has happened so far that would warrant the need for soldiers or the search out of these people.”

 

Youngbae stood and bowed to Jiyong before hurrying out of the room.

 

Sighing Jiyong scrubbed his face with his hands before he laid his head on the table. “Seungri?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I hate my life.”

 

Seungri snorted in amusement before he reached over and patted the man's head “Why don't you take a nap. This will probably take a while. Who knows if he'll even ask you to go tonight.”

 

Nodding Jiyong stood and dropped himself unto the bed. He moaned softly at how his body relaxed into the soft feather mattress his eyes closed as his mind began to shut down with exhaustion.

 

~*~

 

“Seungri-shi ordered that Jiyong-shi should not be disturbed” Bochun informed softly as Daesung appeared before her requesting to see Jiyong. “Bochun let me in please I'm on orders from his majesty” Daesung requested as he smiled at her. She nodded and bowed before she opened the door and let Daesung through shutting it behind him.

 

Daesung carefully pushed aside the sheer curtains blocking his view and entered. He smiled seeing the younger man fast asleep in under the mountain of silk sheets. He carefully moved forward and lightly shook the sleeping man's shoulder.

 

“Jiyong-ah wake up.”

 

Jiyong mumbled something before sticking his head out of the cocoon of blankets he had made “Daesung” he sleepily acknowledged as he looked around him.

 

“Yes it's me. You need to come with me” Daesung said softly as he stepped back when Jiyong sat and swung his legs out of the bed. “Why? And what time is it?” Jiyong asked as he sleepily ran a hand through his disheveled hair and he looked out of the window.

 

“It's late. I would have let you sleep until morning but the king was adamant” Daesung explained as he helped Jiyong to make himself presentable.

 

Running a jade comb through his hair Jiyong kept glancing at Daesung who seemed to smile about everything and it was starting to creep him out a bit.

 

Checking himself in the mirror Jiyong turned to look at Daesung “Why does he need me so late?” “He didn't tell me. He ordered for me to bring you to his pavilion. Maybe he'd like to continue your conversation from earlier.”

 

Shrugging Jiyong gestured that he was ready.

 

The two walked out and were quickly flanked by the royal guards that had accompanied Daesung.

 

The silent walk was comfortable and Jiyong shivered there was a chill in the air and a light humidity. Entering the king's pavilion Jiyong rubbed his hands together as he followed Daesung into the room where he was told to sit.

 

Jiyong smiled slightly he wasn't sure why but it felt nice that the king had asked for him. He stood and bowed when the man walked in.

 

Jiyong's mouth went dry when he was motioned to straighten up and he set his eyes on the king. He was wearing a simple hanbok and his hair was down, he looked... ethereal.

 

“Thank you Daesung.”

 

Daesung smiled brightly and bowed before leaving the two in the room.

 

“I... you asked to see me?” Jiyong asked as he looked away from the king.

 

“I did. Follow me.”

 

Jiyong silently followed the other man his eyes devouring the man in front of him. His hair was not that much longer than his but it was a beautiful glossy black. He stopped just in time before he collided into the man's back. Seunghyun gestured towards the cushions strewn across the floor.

 

Sitting on his knees Jiyong watched as the king sat across from him.

 

“What is it that you would like to do, your majesty?” Jiyong asked quietly looking away from the other.

 

“Tell me about your world.”

 

“I.. anything?”

 

“Yes anything” Seunghyun affirmed pulling close to him papyrus and an ink well.

 

Jiyong took a deep breath before he nodded and started with the first thing that came to mind.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Sooooo...... comments? And I'm sorry if there's any random grammar and spelling errors I red through it but I might have missed some things. So I'll probably go through it again after I get some much needed sleep. 

^^ Thanks for reading.