Getting Caught

His Majesty's Dragon

Well here it is enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 4 – Getting Caught

 

Jiyong stood in front of the mirror as he adjusted the strings in his pants. He was glad that he had spoken to a seamstress, even though she had frowned she had agreed to make pants for Jiyong that would be loose.

 

After putting on his sneakers Jiyong walked back out into the room only to be greeted by Dongwook.

 

“Ah!” Jiyong bowed quickly before he looked at Dongwook who smiled tiredly at him.

 

“I received your requests. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to come see you” Dongwook explained as he took in Jiyong's attire. “The guards and the girls have told me you were a bit difficult and that you insist on running outside and doing things yourself” Dongwook said as he sat in a chair after Jiyong had done so “I know that in the future where you are from that is natural and what is expected of you but here, you must know, it's different. Please let everyone do their job, I know physical condition is important but I must request that if you could drop the days in which you run for your own safety.”

 

Jiyong sighed and hung his head “Then tell me what I am here for. No one will tell me or no one knows.” “That's because we actually don't know. All we know is what the prophecy says and it's not specific” Dongwook answered apologetically. “It said that the dragon will save the king. Can I try to speak to him again. I remember last time there wasn't a lot of talking involved” Jiyong crossed his arms. “I'll see if he agrees to it” Dongwook agreed as he stood up.

 

“Are you going now?” Jiyong asked as he stood as well. “Yes but I can't take you just yet, go ahead and do your run and get dressed and I'll come back to tell you what he said” Dongwook said as he bowed and left the room.

 

Jiyong groaned but did his usual routine and came back to a bath already prepared by Miyoung and the girls. He let them do what they wished without a fuss until he was sitting in the tub and asked them if they could leave him in peace for a few minutes before he was to get out.

 

Laying back he closed his eyes trying to clear his mind of everything but those eyes appeared. He opened his eyes and groaned softly why couldn't he forget those eyes. He needed to see him whether he said yes or no, he thought determined. He called for the girls and they came back in to the room to finish up.

 

Once he was dressed and they had brought him something to eat he sat on the window sill to look outside.

 

From the pavilion across the clearing he saw Dongwook emerge and he watched as the older man walked towards his pavilion. Hearing the sliding door he knew it was him. When the man walked in he knew what the answer to his request had been “I'm sorry Jiyong. He declined your visit but he did say he could probably see you in a day or two” Dongwook relayed the news Jiyong had already guessed.

 

“That's okay, I guess” Jiyong nodded “Is there perhaps a chance I can go back home to get some stuff?” Dongwook frowned a little “I suppose I could take you back but what do you need from there?” Jiyong fidgeted a little “I just want to go home.”

 

Dongwook closed his eyes and pinched his nose. Standing he grabbed the boy's hand and pulled him over to the bed where he sat and pulled him into his lap. “I know you're homesick and things haven't gone exactly as I had planned. I thought that bringing you here that heaven would speak to me again and tell me how it is you are to save my brother” Dongwook spoke softly as he hugged Jiyong. Jiyong closed his eyes and enjoyed the treatment. “I'm sorry I haven't exactly been the best guest but I'll try harder not to trouble anyone. Seriously though you wouldn't be able to at least tell me what it is the king's in danger of. I haven't heard anything about him being threatened or sick” Jiyong asked as laid his head on the man's shoulder.

 

Dongwook closed his eyes, he hadn’t wanted to speak about this but maybe it would help even if it was just to share with someone. “I don't think it's--”

 

“DONGWOOK-NIM!”

 

Dongwook and Jiyong both jumped as one of guards rushed into the room “Dongwook-nim your wife, Hanbyul-shi is going into a labor. Your presence is needed.”

 

Without a thought Dongwook fled the room leaving behind a panting guard and a confused Jiyong.

 

“His wife?”

 

The guard turned to Jiyong and bowed “Yes, she was pregnant with his second child. He has a boy age six.” Nodding in understanding Jiyong dismissed him and he sits back on the bed.

 

Not too long after Seungri comes into the room all flustered.

 

“What's wrong with you?”

 

“Did you hear? Dongwook's wife just had her baby and it's a girl. Haven't heard the name but rumor has it she's a cutie” Seungri smiled at Jiyong as he settled into a vacant chair.

 

“How long are you planning to be here?” Jiyong asked when he saw his chance. “Don't know, why?” Seungri asked raising an eyebrow.

 

“Stay here until I come back” Jiyong ordered as he ran into the other room and opened a small window.

 

“Are you nuts? What are you doing?” Seungri asked grabbing Jiyong's arm holding his back. “Don't worry about it now let me go. If one of girl's asks where I am tell them I'm in here for some alone time.”

 

Jiyong pulled away from Seungri and climbed out of the window. The drop was longer than expected but he could handle it. Carefully looking around for anyone he moved away from the building. He turned and saw Seungri still by the window but he kept going.

 

As he approached the king's pavilion he cursed when he tripped over a tree root causing his robes to get tangled with his feet. When he managed to stand he frowned at the tear in the silky material. Moving on he frowned at the fact that the pavilion was heavily guarded. Walking around the building he looked at all the windows and pouted when they all turned out to be closed. Leaning against the wall he tried to come up with something.

 

Fate seemed to be on his side as someone came rushing and alerted the guards about something drawing most of them away from the pavilion, seeing his chance Jiyong carefully approached the building hiking up the many skirts and slipped into a corner when the remaining guards passed by him.

 

Holding his breath he held as still as possible until the last man moved away again. Seeing the man go around the corner he quickly slid the door open and moved in shutting it quietly.

 

Sighing in relief he turned and was glad to see no one trying to greet him. Looking down he could see clearly that his hanbok had gotten dirty when he had fallen outside but he shrugged talking to the king was much more important at this moment.

 

Moving into the room he was once again greeted with the king's beautifully decorated rooms but was disappointed at not seeing the man himself. He suddenly realized he was probably with Dongwook greeting his new niece into the world. Biting his lip he debated on what to do.

 

Placing his hand on a nearby chair he decided to wait for the man.

 

Something suddenly touched his neck.

 

His blood ran cold when he realized that, that something turned out to be a sharp sword. His hands trembled where they had fallen from the chair. Fate was one traitorous .

 

“I.. I jjjust want to talk with...”

 

“Shhh...”

 

Jiyong shivered as a hand covered his eyes but the sword only moved closer to his neck.

 

“Sorry dear, it's nothing personal but I can't have you meeting with him alone. It would ruin our plans and no offense we've been working on them for a long time now.”

 

Jiyong closed his eyes as he felt tears sting his eyes “Please, please, please no.. don't kill me please.”

 

“Mmm you beg so sweetly... but I think not sweetheart. Now make your peace with heaven.”

 

Jiyong in a breath as he scrunched his eyes closed.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

!!!!!!!! A cliffhanger? ... Oh no!

Comment please! =D