Rescue Mission

His Majesty's Dragon

Here it is the next chapter. 8) late but well my GPA comes first so I can get into grad school. Anyways just a heads up Kwanghoon is Phillip Lee that's his real Korean name. I was going to use Phillip but it just didn't sit in the time period well so I used his Korean name.  Other than that enjoy. Forgive any mistakes I didn't proof this. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 8 – Rescue Mission

 

“You came!” Daesung mildly exclaimed as he stood up from Jiyong's bedside and bowed. “Don't be ridiculous of course I did” Seunghyun glared as he moved to Jiyong''s bedside. For a moment he hesitated before his hand lightly caressed his cheek “He has no fever?”

 

“I've been keeping him cool. I know this poison” Daesung answered as he observed Seunghyun carefully.

 

“Is it curable?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Why isn't he cured yet?”

 

“Seunghyun you know that poison antidotes need to be made. Kwanghoon's already been here to check him and took a blood sample to culture the antidote for it” Daesung stressed the making the antidote part. “How long is it going to take?” Seunghyun asked as he sat beside Jiyong, his gaze lingering on the boy's pale complexion.

 

“Five days.”

 

Seunghyun noticeably stiffened. Daesung placed a hand on the man's shoulder and squeezed “You can do it. You have to let go.” Seunghyun said nothing as he felt Daesung's presence leave the room. He sat still for a moment before he took the others' hand in his.

 

“Jiyong?” There was no response to his voice and he was slightly disappointed at that. Sighing he stood and made his way to the doorway. Before walking out he took one last glance at Jiyong before turning and heading out Daesung coming up to him along with Kwanghoon who was holding a bowl of medicinal herbs.

 

“What's this?” Seunghyun asked peering into the bowl. “It's medicine to help him with his fever” Kwanghoon explained as he pointed out the different herbs that blended together with hot water to create the tonic. “Move him before you give him this.”

 

Daesung looked at him alarmed.

 

“Where, your majesty?”

 

“My pavilion, Seungri is stay with him at all times” Seunghyun ordered as he made to leave. “Seunghyun?” Daesung said quietly as he touched the man's hand. “Yes?” “Seungri's missing.”

 

Jaw clenching Seunghyun held his expression in the presence of the other men. “Move Jiyong to my pavilion. Then we'll talk.”

 

With that he left the room his guards quickly falling into line behind him.

 

Daesung and Kwanghoon looked at each other and moved to do as the king had ordered.

 

~*~

 

“I can't believe I was coerced into helping you rescue that chatter box.”

 

“Chaerin!” Youngbae whispered fiercely as he turned to glare at the girl who was following behind him in a crouch. “No one coerced you.”

 

“You try denying the king then?” she whispered back fiercely as she landed a solid hit on his back. “Shush” Youngbae ignored her as he peered over the peak of the roof they were standing on. “Are they guarding him?” Chaerin asked as she hooked her bow and notched an arrow. “No well no one is in the room with him at least. I'm pretty sure someone is in there though” Youngbae mumbled as he sat back and glared into the tiles of the roof.

 

“Why's he so important anyway? Sure he came with Jiyong but I mean is he really that important?” Chaerin asked as she peaked over the roof and looked into the house where they were keeping Seungri. “He's a wind element” Youngbae answered “But he doesn't know it and I hope to heaven that they don't know it either because then he'll be in danger... well in more danger than he already is.”

 

Chaerin's pretty eyes widened at the revelation before she grabbed his arm “So distraction?” “Yeah but I'll do it. You get Seungri out.” The girl nodded and watched Youngbae swiftly jumped to the other building without being noticed.

 

Youngbae breathed in deeply as he landed on the ground. He carefully checked that there were no families or young children before he knelt and pressed his hands together. Looking around again just to make sure no one was watching he pressed his finger against the hard ground and a spark ignited. The flame shot around the building and it served it's purpose.

 

“We need to get out of here!”

 

“What about him?”

 

“Just leave him to burn! We need to save ourselves and alert her that we need to move now. The king won't step down now. After all we do have control of all his armies, and those who aren't with us well they won't stand a chance anyway.”

 

Youngbae in a breath as the two voices faded away. He backed away into the corner and stayed there until he could gather his thoughts.

 

'Her' he thought who was she? Youngbae cursed silently as a number of women came to mind but only one stood out. With a deep breath he waved his hand and the fires extinguished before he blended into the darkness.

 

As he ran across the winding streets he caught sight of Chaerin's long hair and he slowed down to join them as they walked past a crowded night market.

 

“Hey glad you could make it” Chaerin sarcastically smiled and placed a hand on Youngbae's shoulder. Youngbae smiled slightly as he looked at Seungri who looked absolutely exhausted. “Let's go home.”

 

The three quietly but quickly made their way to palace making sure to sneak back in so as to not arouse suspicion from those who had them.

 

“Goodnight Chearin and thank you” Seungri smiled as he bowed at the other girl as they parted ways. “No one can see you Seungri. The men who took you left you to die in that fire. Chaerin you too. Say nothing about this not even to your sisters” Youngbae ordered as he looked at Chaerin who nodded before she climbed the nearest building and disappeared from their sights.

 

“Come on Seungri you have to stay in the king's pavilion” Youngbae grabbed Seungri's hand and led him to the king's pavilion as they both avoided being seen by patrolling guards.

 

Once they reached the pavilion they walked past the guards at the doors who nodded at Youngbae. “You should rest and eat. You don't look to well and I'll have Kwanghoon take a look at that bump on the back of your head” Youngbae placed Seungri in one of the chairs.

 

Sitting Seungri looked at Youngbae and noticed he looked incredibly worried “What's going on Youngbae? You're acting weird.” Youngbae sighed before he knelt in front of Seungri and held his hand in his. “The people who are working to dethrone the king poisoned Jiyong yesterday. He's still alive and seems to be doing okay but it still remains that there are traitors among those working in the palace. Only a few are trusted but I just found out who is behind all of this and I just know that when I report the king will not be in good condition.”

 

Seungri remained silent as he squeezed the man's hand. “Is he going to live? Jiyong I mean?” “Kwanghoon is making a cure for the poison but they still need more time to make it. According to Daesung they need four more days before it's ready.” Seungri bit his lip “Can I see him?”

 

Youngbae nodded as he stood and led Seungri to the room where Jiyong was. The guards standing outside the room sighed seeing Youngbae and Seungri back safely. “Glad to see you two are alright” Soohyuk commented as he clapped Youngbae on his shoulder “Yeah thank you” Youngbae let Seungri walk past the curtain before he followed.

 

Seungri swallowed as he took in Jiyong laying in the bed his complexion waxen and pale. “Why would they want to kill him? He's no threat to anyone” he whispered hotly as hot tears rolled down his face.

 

“They want to kill him because of what he is capable of doing.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So... XD I love causing you all small heart attacks it's always exciting and just feels good in general.

Now tell me what you all thought. 8)