Ultimatum

His Majesty's Dragon

Here it is! Enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 14 – Ultimatum

 

Jiyong wearily sat at a bench with Seungri in Seunghyun's garden. He was considerably bigger now and was tired easily. Sitting back he placed his hands on his swollen belly his baby had been growing steadily over the last few weeks. He had been keeping track of the days since they didn't have calendars in this time. He was getting closer and closer, he was at 16 weeks.

 

His baby was starting to move and he was sure if he were to get an ultrasound he would be able to hear the baby's heartbeat.

 

“Jiyong?” “Hmm?” Jiyong closed his eyes as Seungri called his name “Is there something bothering you? You wanted to talk to me didn't you?” the younger man asked as he looked around the area. There had been attempts on Jiyong's life and he was no longer allowed to go out on his own. He was always to be accompanied by one or more of the four.

 

“Sort of, someone came to me in a dream and spoke to me about a choice I would have to make.”

 

Seungri turned to Jiyong and stood up and placed his hands on his shoulders “It's okay Jiyong. I know already. I guess we all had some kind of prophecy or something happen to all of us. Someone came to me as well and explained that I would be given a choice to hand my power over to someone else when the time came when your baby is born if I decided to leave. I've already made my decision it wasn't hard. I know what I want. Just go with your heart hyung. Do--”

 

Something hissed and thudded on the tree next to them and he quickly wrapped his arms around Jiyong and created a small tornado around the two of them deflecting a couple of more arrows. He sighed in relief when fire joined his power and completely shielded Jiyong.

 

Jiyong twisted his hands into Seungri's clothes as he closed his eyes. Why did those people insist on trying to kill him? He thought as he felt tears escape his eyes, did he want to live like this? Constantly having to look behind his back to make sure no one was trying to kill him?

 

The roar in his ears died and he was quickly lifted into his best friend's arms and quickly taken out of the garden. Once he was safely inside Seunghyun's pavilion he was joined by the man himself who hugged him. “I'm sorry. I'm sorry you have to live with all this. This is just something that I've always been living with though. No king has ever had a reign where someone didn't try to hurt them in some way. And these bastards know that my weakness is you and I wont allow anyone to hurt you” Seunghyun spoke into his ear as his hands moved to caress his baby belly.

 

Jiyong leaned against Seunghyun soaking up the warmth the other was giving him. Could he live without this man in his life if he were to leave? He thought as his eyes began to droop with exhaustion.

 

“I apologize to come here sire but we've caught those involved in the queen's murder attempt.”

 

Jiyong opened his eyes wide, they had caught them already? He lifted his face to look at Seunghyun who relaxed slightly at the news. Daesung came into the room “I trust you heard?” “Yes.”

 

Seunghyun eyes hardened “Interrogate them find out who sent them and how much they were being paid. I'll be there as soon as I get Jiyong comfortable.” Daesung bowed and swiftly left the room. “I have to go will you be okay?” he asked lifting Jiyong's chin up so he could look into his eyes.

“Can I go with you? I want to know why they want to kill me. After all I am bringing to this world your heir” Jiyong spoke as he looked right back into Seunghyun's dark eyes. “Fine lets go” Seunghyun agreed he felt secure enough since all four element wielders would be with them.

 

Leaving the pavilion Jiyong for the first time felt empowered.

 

Sitting on the right of the King's side Jiyong watched as the guards brought out the men who had tried to kill him.

 

Water splashed unto their backs and a whip landed on their backs making Jiyong flinch slightly.

 

“Speak” Seunghyun ordered his eyes cold like onyx.

 

“What is there to say?” the man chuckled and two more slashes landed on his back. The man yelped as flames erupted on his back before clearing away. “Okay, okay!”

 

Jiyong had never seen any of the element wielders use their powers like this. He vaguely remembered Daesung having used his to cool his fever when he had been poisoned but beyond that nothing was clear.

 

“Then speak before I decide to have you rid of this world slowly and painfully!”

 

“My King I am astonished to see how much you don't know of your own council” the man chuckled through hacking coughs as another slash landed on his back for his insolence.

 

“Who are they?”

 

“Well the very close Siwon isn't he one your most trusted advisers?” the man chuckled before once again yelping when two more slashes landed on his already bloodied back.

 

“Bring him to me” Seunghyun said and a group of guards bowed and left in a hurry.

 

Jiyong clenched his fists in his lap. He was glad that his clothing were so voluminous that it hid his pregnant belly.

 

“What is the meaning of this! Unhand me this instant!”

 

The two royals turned and observed the man being led into the courtyard.

 

“Bow before the royal family!”

 

“I will bow to my king but not that usurper. That monster has taken over the king's mind! He's the one behind all these attacks and I will not bear to see him take the throne!” Siwon yelled as he was forcefully held by the guards as he glared at Jiyong. “You will only bring destruction to our kingdom you have already started by bringing that abomination to this world!” he yelled and with a surprising show of strength threw his guards off him and ran towards to Jiyong with a dagger drawn.

 

Jiyong's eyes widened as the earth shifted beneath them and vines shot out of the ground to wrap around the man as a strong gust of wind mixed with water threw the man down to the ground. He watched as ice formed around the man's wrists.

 

Jiyong stood and walked to the trapped man who was screaming about evil magic.

 

“Enough.”

 

The man stopped and stared wide eyed. “Your reasoning is idiotic and makes no sense. I was brought here because I was needed not because I chose to” Jiyong spoke in a deadpanned voice his eyes turned cold “I hereby strip you of all your titles and land holdings. Your family will retain but only a portion of your lands the rest will be dispersed to those in need.”

 

“Your Majesty!”

 

“I stand by my queen's decision” Seunghyun spoke as he rose from his seat. “And anyone who had taken sides with this man and makes it known will also suffer the same treatment. Siwon apart from what my queen has decreed I will imprison you for an undetermined amount of time. Take him away.”

 

The guards did as told and dragged the silent and shocked council member to the prison.

 

“As for you. You will also be imprisoned for a period of ninety days and beyond that you will be required to work in the service of the palace without pay for three years” Seunghyun decreed and then waved for his guards to take the man away.

 

Seunghyun moved over to Jiyong and lightly ran his hand through his hair and then caressed a cheek “Jiyong?” “I'm fine. Just drained, who knew making a judgment could be so tiring” he murmured leaning his face into the man's hand. “I know come on let's go rest. It's late and you shouldn't be over exerting yourself” Seunghyun guided Jiyong out of the courtyard back to their pavilion.

 

~*~

 

Jiyong sighed as he sat in his tub of warm water. He was bigger now and was having a hard time moving around. He smiled feeling the baby moving inside him he could feel a kick every now and then. He wished he knew what the baby would be but that was impossible.

 

He closed his eyes and thought about what he and Kwanghoon had discussed about when the time came to deliver. He was at thirty six weeks so basically anytime now the baby could decide to come. And judging by how big he was he didn't doubt that it would be soon.

 

Calling for Bochun the girl helped him out of the tub helping his dry and putting a thin white gown. “It's too cold for this” he pointed out. “The came to me and asked me to have you wear this” she said softly her eyes downcast. Nodding Jiyong let her dry and brush out his hair before she led him to the king's bed.

 

Laying down on his side he winced at the twinge of pain.

 

He smiled when an arm s around him. “Where have you been all day?” Jiyong asked as he covered Seunghyun's hand with his own. “Looking for a wet nurse for our baby. After all you wont be able to feed him or her” he spoke softly as he moved aside his long hair and kissed the back of his neck.

 

That's right. Jiyong closed his eyes he was slowly coming to a decision but every time he thought about it his heart clenched. Turning his head he pulled Seunghyun into a kiss his tongue snaking out and the man's lips. Seunghyun groaned softly and shifted so he could better kiss the other man.

 

Seunghyun carefully moved his hand and moved the sheer white fabric so he could fondle his beautiful man. Jiyong moaned as he became hard his body readily responding to the other man. Gasping he arched into the man.

 

Seunghyun with all the care he could muster he slowly and carefully opened up Jiyong. Jiyong was so pliant that he was more than ready for him in just minutes. Sliding into the heat was like nothing before he felt like he was melting inside the other man. Jiyong's moans were escalating as he moved slightly faster his hand moving around and the hardened, hot flesh in his hand.

 

“Seunghyun...Seunghyun... I'm coming!” Jiyong yelped as the pulling sensation in his groin flared into an inferno and escaped in white streams over Seunghyun's hand. Seunghyun flushed and stuttered in his rhythm before he groaned into the back of Jiyong's neck as he came.

 

His energy completely spent Jiyong fell asleep his breathing deep and calm as his mind began to show him dreams.

 

Images of his baby. Images and scenes of Seunghyun, their baby and him taking walks around a park to them falling asleep together on a couch his baby asleep against his chest, bottles and toys scattered around their apartment.

 

Tears slipped down his cheeks in his sleep.

 

~*~

 

All too soon the day came and Jiyong was surprised that along with having become pregnant the miracle extended to him being able to deliver naturally.

 

It was painful.

 

He will forever respect women who have had children this pain was something that he was having a hard time handling. He got to the point where he didn't want anyone in the room with him except Kwanghoon and a helper.

 

“Almost Jiyong come on push and yell and scream all you want” Kwanghoon encouraged as he patted Jiyong's foot.

 

“...” Jiyong clenched his eyes shut and took in a deep breath before pushing again swatting at the nurse who was trying to wipe his face of the sweat pouring down. Taking another breath he relaxed hearing the cry feeling the chamber.

 

He slumped into the pile of pillows behind him and let the tears pour down his face.

 

Kwanghoon moved to his side holding the bundle in his hands. Jiyong carefully grabbed his baby and shed even more tears as he looked into the still dirty face.

 

“It's a boy as would be expected of a first born. Do you want me to get Seunghyun?” Kwanghoon asked as he grabbed a cloth that his nurse handed him and wiped Jiyong's face as the man carefully traced his baby's face. “Yes please” Jiyong whispered hoarsely as he opened the blanket and looked over his son. He looked perfectly healthy his little limbs moving.

 

“Let me take him so I can clean him” the nurse offered approaching Jiyong “No” Jiyong shook his head “Bring me warm water and a soft cloth. I will clean him, he's mine.” Dumbfounded the nurse bowed and left to get the necessary items and bringing them to Jiyong who carefully cleaned his baby. Methodically wiping away all the traces of blood and fluid careful to not touch the freshly cut umbilical cord. “You're beautiful. My son you are so special” he murmured as he started wrapping his son in a fresh and warm blanket when he began to fuss.

 

“He will be hungry soon you highness” the nurse quietly said as she bowed away when Jiyong nodded.

 

Seunghyun came in and stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted Jiyong holding their son.

 

“Kwanghoon told me...I have a son” Seunghyun spoke softly as he approached Jiyong. “Yes... he's beautiful Seunghyun...so beautiful” Jiyong smiled at Seunghyun as the tears cascaded down his cheeks. Seunghyun sat beside Jiyong and carefully took his son in his arms. His own eyes stung at holding him. Reaching up he lightly traced his son's cheek and then nose, he smiled through tears when the baby scrunched his nose just like Jiyong.

 

“My King” Kwanghoon entered the room “We need to clean Jiyong. I'll have his wet nurse feed him so he's ready for you when he gets back.” “No! No please don't take him from me!” Jiyong frantically shook his head and took the child from Seunghyun's arms. He hugged his son to him.

 

“Jiyong would you feel better if they were in the same room. After all he does need to eat it'll be quick and then you can hold him again okay?” Kwanghoon amended his earlier suggestion. Jiyong reluctantly nodded and handed his son back to Seunghyun while he was helped off the bed. His legs felt like jello and his lower extremities were incredibly sore.

 

“It's okay you'll feel better after a bath” Kwanghoon assured as he helped Jiyong walk into the neighboring room where a warm bath was waiting. Jiyong sat in the tub and watched as Seunghyun who had followed let the wet nurse come into the room and began to feed his son. Jiyong watched as his son drank greedily from the woman's exposed and felt a knot in his throat. It wasn't fair. It wasn't right. He was his son not hers.

 

He let the women clean him thoroughly before he was dried and dressed again. The bath had helped a lot and he was walking easier. When he had been burped Jiyong took his son from the woman's hands and expressed his want to return to his rooms.

 

~*~

 

Jiyong lay in his bed his son next to him sleeping peacefully. It had been a few hours and he hadn't slept a wink. He was exhausted but he couldn't bring himself to sleep. It would soon be time to feed his son again. He thought and curled himself around his son.

 

“Your highness it's time to feed his majesty” the woman said softly from the doorway. Jiyong sat up and gestured for her to come in “You'll feed him here.” She nodded without protest, she was mother she understood Jiyong completely. Carefully taking the baby she sat in a chair and started feeding the small baby as Jiyong once again watched carefully. “He'll be very healthy” she murmured avoiding looking at Jiyong as was the custom. “You need not worry your highness. He will grow to become a strong man who will lead this kingdom in the manner that was intended.”

 

Jiyong said nothing to her observation and gratefully took him back when she was done feeding him. Bowing out the room she left. Sighing Jiyong figured he could finally get some sleep. Turning and curling once again around the baby he shut his eyes and fell into a light sleep.

 

~*~

 

It had been two days and Jiyong had no more soreness. He was glad to be able to move around as he held his son.

 

He had made his decision.

 

“You want to go to the shrine?” Seungri asked as he looked at the small baby in Jiyong's arms. “Yeah... I figure it would be good to thank the gods.”

 

“Sounds like an excellent idea” Seunghyun said as he entered the room. Seungri stood and bowed his head to him. “How's my son doing?” he asked approaching Jiyong who readily handed over the sleeping baby.

 

“He grows everyday” Seunghyun murmured as he held the little boy. The boy opened his eyes and Seunghyun was met with beautiful honey brown “Oh? He has your eye color Ji” Seunghyun said as he grinned when the boy blinked at the sound of his voice. “You recognize your appa's voice? Is that it?” Seunghyun cooed to baby as he tickled his nose with a finger.

 

Jiyong felt his heart swell in his chest. He wanted this he wanted this everyday not just when time permitted for Seunghyun.

 

“Seunghyun?” Daesung stuck his head through the doorway “Urgent matter concerning the sudden flooding of the southern planting fields.” Seunghyun nodded “I'm going” he handed the baby back to Jiyong who took him. “I'll see you later then. Be good for your amma and you get some rest okay? You really need it” Seunghyun kissed Jiyong and caressed his face before leaving the room. Daesung following behind him glancing back at Jiyong as he went.

 

“You ready to go now?” Seungri asked from where he had been standing in the corner.

 

Jiyong nodded and stood going over to his desk and pulling a silk envelope out.

 

~*~

 

Standing outside Jiyong took a deep breath holding his child close to him. He needed to do this. It was the only way.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes I've thought and thought. This is what I need to do” Jiyong nodded turning to Seungri “You've made your decision as well haven't you?”

 

Seungri nodded “Yeah I've made my decision” taking a deep breath Seungri carefully hugged Jiyong “I'm going to miss you.” “Me too maknae. Jaehwa is also going to miss his uncle” Jiyong said as tears shimmered in his eyes the same way Seungri's did, Jiyong handed the silk envelope to him. Seungri took it knowing who it was for. Nodding Seungri stepped back and let Jiyong walk into the shrine. He looked up at the sky, is he really making the right decision?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comments please?  I promise that the next one is the last one. Why? Because I'm done writing it. 8)