Awakening

His Majesty's Dragon

Here it is! Enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 9 - Awakening

 

“And what is that exactly?” Seungri asked looking over a Daesung. “That is unfortunately something that I can't tell you” Daesung answered sincerely as he brought a bowl filled with liquid. “Why?” “Because Jiyong can be one of two things or both.” Seungri watched in silence as Daesung turned to carefully feed the liquid into a semi-conscious Jiyong.

 

“What is it you are giving Jiyong?” Seungri asked approaching the bed his hand trailing along the man's leg. “You haven't changed, always worried about your favorite hyung” Daesung murmured softly as he turned to Seungri and smiled “I'm just giving him a fever reducer.”

 

“Why? If he's been poisoned shouldn't a fever boil out the poison?” Seungri asked as he sat beside Jiyong holding his hand. “Not poison, poison works differently the more fever you have the faster it'll spread” Jiyong groaned softly his breath catching before he managed to breath deeply and opened bloodshot eyes.

 

“Jiyong!” Seungri exclaimed leaning in close just short of climbing unto the bed himself “How are you feeling?” Jiyong breathed out, sweat breaking out on his forehead. “Wa... water” he whispered hoarsely his hand inching towards the side of the bed. “Calm down” Daesung softly pressed his hand against his cheek before reaching over to the table where a cup sat. closing his eyes he breathed deeply and the cup filled with water.

 

Daesung handed the cup to Seungri so that he could care for Jiyong. He turned to Youngbae who looked directly at him. Words weren't needed and with a not Youngbae walked out of the room.

 

“Where's Youngbae going?” Seungri asked noticing when the other man walked out of the room.

 

“He's going to get the king” Daesung answered as he turned to look at Seungri who was wiping Jiyong's forehead with a cloth “He asked me to call him when Jiyong awoke.”

 

“Seung...” Jiyong breathed blinking sluggishly his hand clutching the blanket. “I'm right here Ji” Seungri reassured reaching over and squeezing Jiyong's hand comfortably.

 

Jiyong shook his head before opening his mouth once more “Seunghyun.” Daesung's eyes widened at the use to the king's actual name “He wants the king.” Seungri frowned a little as he patted down Jiyong's wild hair. “He'll be fine Ri just a couple of more days and I'll give him his antidote” Daesung reassured as he placed a hand on Seungri shoulder.

 

“Seunghyun. I need... Seunghyun” Jiyong hoarsely tried to sit up “No Jiyong lay back! You can't move around so much” Daesung exclaimed as he pushed Jiyong to lay down once more.

 

“Hey what happened?” Youngbae asked as he entered the room after the king.

 

“Let go!” Jiyong groaned, he struggled with Daesung's gentle hands. “Seunghyun... please” Jiyong panted as he laid back on the pillows as tears escaped his tears.

 

The king approached and laid a hand on Daesung's shoulder. “I got it” he said softly as he turned his attention to Jiyong. “I'm here” Seunghyun said gently as he stood next to Jiyong, his fingers skimming across the younger man's hand and arm.

 

Jiyong opened his eyes and looked up at the king and attempted to smile. He closed his eyes and attempted to smile. He closed his eyes when they snapped open again he looked at Seunghyun with startling clear eyes “You have to leave. You are all in danger.”

 

Jiyong shuddered and he labored to breath correctly. “What?” Seunghyun choked out as he bent closer to him “Jiyong what do you mean? You're safe, no one will ever get close to you that isn't trusted by me.” Jiyong struggled to remain awake. “No... not me... you... you're in... danger” Jiyong trailed off as he lost consciousness.

 

Daesung alarmed pushed Seunghyun to the side and placed his hands on Jiyong's feverish skin willing the man's skin to cool down. “Youngbae get Kwanghoon to bring me another fever reducer!”

 

Youngbae ran out of the room without a second thought.

 

“What's happening to him?!” Seunghyun yelled as he stood to the side his face showing lines of worry. “I don't know. It isn't the poison though we've managed to keep it from spreading too quickly with the fever reducer. I think it's something else” Daesung spoke quickly as he turned to look at Seunghyun before he diverted his attention back to Jiyong and was even more grateful when Kwanghoon rushed into the room with a relatively large bowl of the medicine. And helped with calming down Jiyong.

 

Clenching his fists Seunghyun looked on helpless. He moved to leave the room when a blood curling scream ripped through the entire palace.

 

He turned and looked at Youngbae who was frozen to the doorway of the room.

 

And just as suddenly an explosion rocked the entire building.

 

~*~

 

“You left him there?”

 

“Yes after all he isn't important.”

 

“You fool! Of course he's important otherwise he wouldn't have been able to travel in time here!”

 

“Well if you would have said something before we wouldn't be in this problem now!”

 

“Silence! We can't afford to fight amongst us. Where's Dongwook?”

 

“Safely locked away in his cell. We've placed the proper enchantments to keep him there as well.”

 

“That's good I can't have him joining with Seunghyun.”

 

“Misook-nim the first part of the plan is in motion”

 

Misook stood from her chair and walked over to the window where she could see the flames that were currently invading the palace.

 

“My dear Seunghyun. I will break you.”

 

~*~

 

“We have to get out of here!” Daesung yelled as he looked over at Seunghyun frantically.

 

“I can't! This is my palace!” Seunghyun yelled as he looked at Daesung “You wont have a palace to live in if we stay here! You know this! They have control of all your army except for a select few that are still loyal to you. It wont be long now before they march here and take it by force.”

 

Seunghyun ran his fingers through his hair and tried to find a solution to save his palace “Can't you and Youngbae try to control the fires? You with your water and Youngbae with his control over fire?”

 

“Hyung you know I still can't control it completely if I didn't start it” Youngbae said as he uneasily looked at the king. Daesung's expression hardened looking at Seunghyun “Seunghyun you know I've been using my powers nonstop since Jiyong was poisoned I don't have the power to raise that much amount of water from the earth. We have to leave we can't risk what we have accomplished.”

 

“Which is what exactly because it seems to escape me” Seunghyun looked at Daesung with pleading eyes. “We are together. The three elements are gathered around you. Don't you feel it the third is Seungri” Daesung gestured to the young man hovering over Jiyong.

 

“Wait hold on what? What elements?” Seungri asked as he looked between the three men.

 

Seunghyun looked around him, his world was crumbling around him, Daesung was, again, right. “Let's go. Seungri, you and Daesung take care that Jiyong is taken out of here safely. Me and Youngbae will tail you.”

 

The three nodded and Seunghyun quickly ran out of the room followed by Youngbae. Running to his rooms he took off his robes and quickly grabbed his armor that had been sitting in his cabinet for more years than he could remember. Youngbae quickly helped him put it on and strap the sword belt to it. Before they dashed back out to check is Daesung and Seungri were ready.

 

“Seungri I need to awaken you. I was hoping we wouldn't need to but we've run out of time” Daesung said as he dug a medallion from his sleeve. Walking over to him Daesung hung the medallion around Seungri's neck.

 

Seungri looked fearfully at Daesung his eyes wide and teary “It's okay Ri. It wont hurt you'll just feel better and stronger when it's done” Daesung reassured as he ran a finger over the medallion that glowed white. Stepping back Daesung watched carefully as Seungri's eyes momentarily glazed over before a white film covered the dark irises.

 

Seeing that Seungri would be fine he quickly had Kwanghoon bring him the antidote “It's not ready.” “I know but if we leave it Jiyong might not make it before I can culture another one. I'm going to take the one you are working on” Daesung explained as he dressed Jiyong and looked meaningfully at Kwanghoon.

 

Nodding the dark haired man left the room just as Seunghyun and Youngbae entered the room. “Where's Kwanghoon going?” Seunghyun asked as he watched as Daesung carefully handled Jiyong. “Getting the antidote. Help me with him Seungri wont be of much use until he's ready” Daesung said as he glanced over at Seungri who still had the same film over his eyes.

 

“You're awakening him?” Youngbae asked as he approached Seungri.

 

“I didn't have much of a choice” Daesung explained as he watched Seunghyun carry Jiyong in his arms. “Alright well let's go Soohyuk told me the girls were gathering horses for us” Youngbae said as he grabbed Seungri's hand and began leading him towards the doorway.

 

“You go ahead I'm waiting for Kwanghoon to bring the antidote” Daesung said as he pushed Seunghyun with Jiyong towards the doorway. Seunghyun turned to Daesung “Promise you're coming as soon as Kwanghoon comes back with the antidote.” Daesung smiled at Seunghyun “Go.”

 

Seunghyun hesitated but the man in his arms groaned softly alerting him that he had to get him to safety. Nodding with determination he followed Youngbae and Seungri down the hallways, his heart felt heavy.

 

Arriving outside they were greeted by Chaerin and her sisters.

 

“Thank you” Seunghyun told Chaerin as Youngbae held Jiyong while he climbed unto the horse. Once settled he reached out to grab Jiyong settling the man against him he watched as the medallion around Seungri's neck stopped glowing.

 

The man blinked and looked around “I... weren't we inside?” “We couldn't wait for you to wake up” Youngbae said “Now get on the horse we need to go.” Seungri pouted but quickly climbed onto the horse that was waiting for him.

 

“Your majesty” one the girls with long hair approached Seunghyun “Here this is the antidote. Kwanghoon brought it out here and told us to give it to you.” Seunghyun took the small bag “Where is he?” “We don't know he just went back inside after giving it to us” the pretty one said as she grabbed her bow when another explosion was heard from the other side of the palace.

 

“Those fools” Seunghyun cursed but handed over the antidote to Seungri who stored it in a saddle bag. Seunghyun hesitated as he looked towards the building that had been his home since he was an infant. “Seunghyun we need to go” Youngbae encouraged as he moved close to the man.

 

With a deep breath Seunghyun turned the horse away from the palace “Let's go.”

 

“You have enough food to last you a week and linen we couldn't fit a tent though” Chaerin informed right before they left.

 

“Thank you” the three chorused as they left the girls behind.

 

Seunghyun took one last glance over his shoulder hoping to see Daesung following. A clammy hand on his cheek made him turn.

 

“He'll be fine” were the words that drifted out of Jiyong's mouth before he closed his eyes once more and his hand fell from his face.

 

Breathing in deeply Seunghyun briefly smiled before it dropped from his face when he felt heat and a gust of wind from either side deflecting arrows that were flying at them. Stopping he felt his blood run cold. His worst nightmare was standing before him in all her terrifying glory.

 

“Good evening Seunghyun.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a habit of ending chapters with dialogue. >> ANYWAYS so what do you all think? What are Jiyong's gifts hmm? And what about Daesung? =O

Give me your ideas people. I WANT to know what they are just to see if some of ya'll are thinking along the same track as me. XD

AND Misook is an OC.

COMMENT! DO IT!! Author needs feedback you know. >>

ANYWAYS good night! ^^