Review for: taezy_lover!

『▲△Kaleidoscopic Fantasy Review Shop▼▽』*Closed*

 

Story Title: Let's Exchange Lovers

Author: taezy_lover

Story Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/293481

 

 

 

Title (3/5)

Your title relates to the plot, but it reveals too much of the plot. You want people who haven't read your story to be curious. Titles are important to readers since they are the first thing people see before they click on your story. Already I can tell that the characters will exchange lovers and… well, that's basically what the whole story is about.

 

Appearance (5/5)

The overall appearance is fine. I have no complaints for this section.

 

Description/Foreword (14/15)

Your description is simple and short, but it definitely gives a good description of the story. However, since the title reveals too much of the plot, the description isn't as effective as it should be. It doesn't grab the reader's curiosity because we already know that the "silly idea" is exchanging dates. 

Recently I've learned that forewords are just supposed to something like author's notes. However, I take forewords as an extra "boost" to make the story more interesting. Therefore, I like your foreword. However, I think the small teaser gives too much about your story. It really covers almost all the parts of your story and the main idea, not interesting some readers to continue reading. 

 

Plot (15/25)

To be honest, this is the first time I read a story where people exchange lovers for fun. However, I have read stories where people switch lives and have different lovers, so I guess the plot partially original. 

After looking at the title and the front page of the story, I kind of lost interest in the plot since I was able to foreshadow most parts of the story. Still, you didn't fail me to keep being anxious over the plot. It's fun to see people getting jealous or amused about this sudden change in relationship. 

 

Characters (5/15)

You have a few cliché characters. For an example, Jiyeon and Myungsoo. Both are almost always represented as the "cold prince/princess" type of people. Unless you add some kind of twist to these characters, I see them as the cold-hearted people who will secretly be jealous inside since they can't openly express their feelings. Taemin is also one of the cliché kinds of characters. He is the kind of boy who is cute, seems innocent, and remains quite positive. Many stories who have Taemins make him similar to the way you portray Taemin's characteristic. 

However, I do like how the girls act like playgirls and the guys just get played with. You don't seem the female lead(s) play with the guys' hearts too often. I also lie how the boys are the naive ones instead of the girls.

 

Writing (Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation) (13/20)

Your errors mostly come from punctuation and grammar errors. Note that whenever a new character is speaking, you have a new paragraph. In addition, the way you punctuate between the character's speech and the story's text is also incorrect. An example of this shows below in chapter 1.

 

Chapter 1:

Incorrect:

"We got bored," the girls began simultaneously. The boys raised their eyebrows in confusion.

A mischievous smirk appeared on the girls' faces as they went on, "So, let's exchange lovers," Myungsoo and Taemin were plainly shocked. Their eyes were almost popping out of their head, unlike Baekhyun, who had a pleasant smile on his face.

Correct:

"We got bored," the girls began simultaneously. The boys raised their eyebrows in confusion. A mischievous smirk appeared on the girls' faces as they went on. "So, let's exchange lovers."

Myungsoo and Taemin were plainly shocked. Their eyes were almost popping out of their eyes, unlike Baekhyun, who had a pleasant smile on his face.

 

Chapter 4

Incorrect:

Taemin and Baekhyun defended their girlfriends simultaneously. "Kim Myungsoo, our sweethearts aren't a playgirl." Myungsoo had no response since he felt lazy to respond to them as he kept glaring at Jiyeon, which made her want to poke his cold eyes out. Jiyeon let out a  big sigh and closed her eyes briefly to calm herself down.

Correct:

Taemin and Baekhyun defended their girlfriends simultaneously. "Kim Myungsoo, our sweethearts aren't playgirls."

Myungsoo had nothing to say since he felt lazy to respond to them. He kept glaring at Jiyeon, which made her want to poke his cold eyes out. Jiyeon let out a  big sigh and closed her eyes briefly to calm herself down.

 

Flow (3/5)

I thought the pace was kind of slow since they're still at the process of exchanging lovers after four chapters, but the cliffhanger seems to be a promising move.

 

Overall Enjoyment (8/10)

I found it funny how I was already subscribed to this story and was always anxious to read the next chapter! I found it even funnier when I was asked to review this story. Haha! Anyways, I really enjoy a few of the character's reactions to exchanging lovers. I'm really biased, and seeing 4/6 of my favorite bias here makes things even better! I really enjoy seeing Jieun's and Baekhyun's reactions the most. They seemed to be the most confident and excited, while as the others are unsure or too jealous.

 

Total: 66/100

 
 
Review Done By: 500sunny500!
Don't forget to credit the shop and link back!