Chapter 12

Unwanted Silence

It’s been a little over two weeks since Jonghyun came over for dinner. We’ve hung out a couple of times since then, usually at my place and under the supervision of my cousin or his boyfriend, or even worse, the both of them. Today though, I am going over to Jonghyun’s place, with Taemin as my “supervision” as my cousin so happily suggested, but nonetheless to hang out with Jonghyun somewhere else that isn’t my place is something that I am looking forward to.

            “So what are we going to do when we get to Jonghyun hyung’s place?” Taemin asks me as we walk out of school together.

            “Probably watch a movie or something. I’m not too sure,” I respond and causing Taemin to shake his head.

            “Well as long as you guys don’t start making out in front of me. I don’t want to become the awkward third wheel,” he signs out seriously and now it was my turn to shake my head.

            “Of course not. I’m sure Jonghyun will be inviting one of his friends or something for you to hang out with,” I respond back jokingly but Taemin scowls at me, not seeming to find it funny at all.

            We continue walking until we reach the gates of the school where Jonghyun is already waiting for us. As soon as I was close enough, Jonghyun pulls me into his arms and is about to kiss me until I turn my head, which causes him to kiss my cheek. I can already tell he’s not happy about my denial for a kiss as he slightly tightens his arm around my waist and places his chin on my shoulder. I pull away nonetheless and link my arms with Taemin before signing out

            “Let’s go,” and Taemin happily translates as we start walking away from the school.    

            We keep walking until we reach Jonghyun’s car. He opens the passenger door for me and I slip into the car, Taemin getting in the backseat and as I’m putting on my seatbelt I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Woohyun sitting there with a huge grin on his face. As well as another one of Jonghyun’s bandmates…whose name I can’t seem to remember, but he has large eyes and seems really bored.

            “Woohyun?! What are you doing here?” I sign out surprised.

            “I forced Jonghyun to let me come. He invited Minho to your little group outing but didn’t even invite me…his best friend,” Woohyun signs and speaks out at the same time. Apparently Jonghyun didn’t agree with his statement since he hit him on top of his head, but I didn’t catch what he said to him.  

            “Well the more the merrier!” I sign out excitedly and he agrees.

            Soon enough we are at Jonghyun’s place, all gathered in the living room, in front of the TV while Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin argue what movie we should watch. Or at least that’s what Woohyun told me they were talking about.

            “So, you and Jonghyun, I heard you guys are dating,” Woohyun asks just as Minho tosses a movie that Jonghyun had apparently picked into the corner. I guess he doesn’t agree with the choice.

           “Yea, he came over for dinner one night and it just sort of happened,” I respond and Woohyun nods his head.

            “Well, remember what I told you, be careful with him. I don’t want you getting hurt by his fooling around,” Woohyun signs out and I shake my head.

            “He isn’t like that Woohyun. He’s actually really nice…really affectionate, but nonetheless really nice. I doubt he’s playing with me.”

            “Ok...still, don’t get yourself hurt.”

            I was about to respond when Jonghyun plops down next to me on the couch, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. I pull out my tiny notepad and write out:

            What’s wrong?

            Jonghyun takes the notepad from me and quickly reads the note before responding:

            Those two can’t decide on anything. At this rate it will be New Years before we even START watching the movie.

            I read his note and can’t help but laugh to myself.

            It’s ok. I don’t mind too much. Plus Woohyun and I are entertaining ourselves talking, so it’s fine. I respond and Jonghyun shakes his head before jotting down his note.

            How about we go and entertain ourselves instead? he writes and I barely had enough time to read it before I was being dragged away and up the stairs to Jonghyun’s bedroom. Once inside he closes the door and smashes his lips down on top of mine.

            I don’t even have a chance to catch my breath as I place my hands up to push him away but he takes a hold of my wrists and lowers them back down to my waist. Then he starts to push me further into the room until we’re falling onto his bed. Jonghyun quickly moves his lips down to my neck and my breath starts to get stuck in my throat. It feels so good when he kisses my neck to the point that I don’t want him to stop, but he does, only to continue moving down my chest as he places a hand under my shirt.

            I try to push his hands away, because seriously he is moving too fast, but he stops me by taking my hands and placing them over my head. Now he is looming over me, his face above mine and I can easily tell what he wants, especially when he mouths “stop Key and just give yourself to me already,” before releasing my hands so he can tug at my jeans.

            I start struggling again, trying to push and kick him off of me but he is too strong. I don’t want to have with him, not like this. It’s supposed to be romantic and slow and soft like in the movies but right now Jonghyun seems more like an animal than a man. He eventually gets my pants off and I thought that was my chance to get up from under him but he’s too strong and pushes me back down, before trying to get my underwear off too.

            “Stop. Stop! Sto-” I try to voice out but before I can get the third “stop” out he covers my mouth with his hand and glares at me. As if I was doing something wrong. Maybe I am. Maybe this is how couples have . Maybe there is no romance like in the movies, because they’re just that…movies. Maybe I should just…

            I go slack and stare back at Jonghyun, fear and uncertainty still in my eyes, but if he is my boyfriend and this is what he wants, shouldn’t I give it to him? Isn’t this what normal kids my age do? And I do want to be normal, so I should do my best to try and please him.

            Jonghyun must’ve noticed my lack of resistance now, because he removes his hand from my mouth and goes back to kissing my neck gently like he was earlier. I like this. I like it when Jonghyun is kind and gentle like this. He is slowly running his hand up my shirt and caressing my stomach, before he slides that same hand down to my inner thigh. I can’t help but stiffen up but Jonghyun simply continues to place butterfly kisses on my neck as a means to calm me down.

            He looks me in the eyes again before mouthing “I won’t hurt you, I promise,” and then he removes my shirt and continues to kiss down my bare chest until he reaches the hem of my underwear. I unconsciously reach for them to stop him from pulling them off, but Jonghyun simply removes my hand and then my underwear. Once I am he pulls him body completely away from mine and simply stares at me. I feel exposed. I feel weird. I just want to grab my clothes and run out of the room and then Jonghyun says something that makes my breath catch in my throat.

            “Key you’re beautiful. So ing beautiful. How did I…” then he starts speaking too fast that I don’t catch the end. It’s probably for the best since my head is already reeling from him calling me beautiful. He leans back in and kisses me and I can’t help but kiss him back. I love his kisses. God! Do I love his kisses! I just can’t help it. They’re so soft, sweet, hot, and they always and God if they weren’t right now. Oh …

            I let out a harsh sigh as I arch into his body because he’s just grabbed my insanely hard and …does that feel good. He pulls away and gives me that knowing smirk that he likes to do when he’s either A) embarrassed me or B) is right about something.

            I reach down to grab his wrist but he easily removes it with his other hand before he starts to slowly move his hand up and down and man…it feels good. I start to instinctively up into his hand and there it is again…that damn smirk. I’m just about to try and get up and pull away again when Jonghyun’s head dips down and I soon feel something soft, wet, and warm surrounding my . I look down to see that Jonghyun has now put my into his mouth and …if I thought his hand was good, his mouth is godly. I reach down and put my hands in his hair to try and pull him off but he doesn’t stop. He keeps going and …I can’t stop myself.

            I’m breathing heavy and Jonghyun raises himself from on top of me, his lips and giving me that same damn smirk again. I swear I hate him, but I can’t help but admit that that felt good as hell. He lies next to me and pulls me into his arms, before pulling the covers over the both of us. I lay my head on his chest and lightly feel his heart beating against my ear. I place my hand over his chest to feel it better and its soothing in a way. I guess it wasn’t that bad after all. If this is what all couples do, I can probably get used to it. I’m just about to close my eyes when Jonghyun jerks up and I get up off of his chest and follow the direction of his face only to see the door to his room closing.

            “Who was that?” I sign out only to remember he doesn’t understand sign language. So I lean over looking for my pants to get my phone out, only to be turned back over and greeted by a soft kiss on my lips.

            “It was Woohyun. He saw us and left. Should have knocked first,” Jonghyun speaks out slow enough for me to read it. As soon as I see him say that I sit up, just about to get up to gather my clothes, only to be pulled back into the bed. Yet, I push him away again and finally he lets me out of bed so I can get my clothes. Once I’m dress, I take my phone and send him a quick message.

To Jonghyun:           

We should go back downstairs. I’m sure they’ve picked a movie by now.

I send and he gets him phone to read the message before responding.

From Jonghyun:      

Why can’t we just stay here and cuddle. You’re so warm and soft.

To Jonghyun:           

No. I don’t want them to talk. Another time.

From Jonghyun:      

So you admit there will be another time?

To Jonghyun:           

Only if you’re good.

 I type out before looking at him and replicating that smirk that he loves to give me as I walked out of the room and back downstairs. When I get back downstairs Minho and Taemin are sitting on the couch immersed in some movie and Woohyun is sitting in the armchair starring off into space. I jump in front of him causing him to jump back in his chair and I smile at his reaction.

            “What are you staring at?” I sign out.

            “Nothing. Sorry about earlier.”

            “Earlier?” I question pretending like I don’t know he walked in on Jonghyun and I.

            “I walked in on you and Jonghyun. I just wanted to tell you guys we picked a movie so you could join us, but I obviously interrupted something.”

            “Oh…I didn’t even know. Sorry for scarring you,” I sign out, smiling to myself.

            “So you and Jonghyun are official I’m assuming?”

            “Well…I guess we are. I really do like him.”

            “I see. Well good luck in your relationship.”

            I’m just about to respond to him when I feel an arm place itself around my shoulder and I turn to see Jonghyun behind me. He’s staring down at me and doesn’t seem too happy but I don’t know why. So I turn around and place my arms around his waist in a hug. I take out my phone after pulling away from the hug to send him a message.

To Jonghyun:

            Let’s sit and watch the movie.

            He reads the message and leads me to the couch as we squeeze next to Taemin and Minho until one of them decides to sit on the floor. Jonghyun pulls me close to him and I rest my head and hand back on his chest, feeling his heartbeat, and just as before its starts lulling me to sleep, until I let his warmth and the beat of his heart compel me into closing my eyes.

            The next thing I know I’m being shaken awake and I see Jonghyun in front of me smiling. I look to both of my sides and see that no one else is there and I quickly take out my phone to ask him why.

To Jonghyun:

            Where is everyone?

From Jonghyun:

            I brought them home. It’s just you and me. So we can get back to what we were doing earlier.

            I check the time on my phone and see that is almost 10pm and quickly stand up.

To Jonghyun:

            I have to get home before my cousin starts to worry

            Jonghyun reads the message and lets out a harsh sigh before holding his hand out. I take it and he leads us out of the house. We get into his car and as he drives me home I’m trying to keep myself up. Once we get to my apartment building, he shuts the car off and turns to me. I look at him, smile and he places a kiss on my lips. The kiss is soft, tender and I love it, but I know that I have to get inside so I reluctantly pull away him and point to the building.

            “I don’t want you to leave me yet,” he mouths out and I chuckle to myself as I reach for my phone.

To Jonghyun:

            My cousin though.

            Jonghyun sighs but kisses me one more time before he lets me leave. I smile back at him and wave him off as he drives away. When I get upstairs sure enough my cousin is sitting on the couch waiting for me.

            “Where have you been?”

            “Out with Jonghyun and Taemin. Remember I told you I would go to Jonghyun’s house today.”

            “It’s almost 11pm though. So why are you coming back so late?”

            “We all fell asleep. I’m sorry. Next time I will message you to let you know I will be late.”

Soohyun stood from the couch and I could tell he really was not happy. “I don’t think there will be a next time. I don’t think this boy is a good influence on you,” he signs out and I can’t believe what he is telling me.

            “What?! I came back late one time! That’s not fair!” I sign out aggressively only for Soohyun to pull the whole “life’s not fair” cliché. I was done. I ran off to my room and slammed the door before quickly typing a message out to Jonghyun.

To Jonghyun:

            I hate my cousin. He wants us to break up.

            I press send and surprisingly get a response almost immediately.

From Jonghyun:

            Run away.

To Jonghyun:

            Run away?! That’s a dumb idea. Where would I live if I did that?!

From Jonghyun:

            With me.

            I read his message over and over and it doesn’t sound like a bad idea. That is until I realize that it isn’t a bad idea, but instead a horrible idea. I can’t run away to live with my boyfriend like some idiot that’s obsessed with their significant other. No, I will just have to deal with this and show Soohyun that Jonghyun isn’t bad for me.

To Jonghyun:

            Thanks for the offer but I will deal with my cousin. Anyway, good night Jonghyun.

From Jonghyun:

            Night babe.

            I place my phone on the nightstand next to my bed and roll onto my stomach. There has to be a way for me to convince Soohyun that it’s fine for Jonghyun and me to be together, but the question is how. Then that’s when it dawned on me, Inguk. I will get through to Soohyun through Inguk. Kibum you are a genius, I internally compliment myself and decide I will put my plan in motion tomorrow.


Sorry its so short...but hey, better than nothing. ~Lolo