Start of Something New (No. 8: Holding hands)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

 

It’s a chilly afternoon at mid-autumn, various leaves fall from trees onto the ground. Junsu walks aimlessly at the nearby park, rubbing his hands together for a little warmth and fixing the collar of his dark red turtleneck.

“So cold…” He mutters, a little puff of water vapour escaping his lips. He chuckles at the sight; somehow, those puffs always fascinate him ever since he was a little child. He continues to breathe out small breaths just to watch more puffs come out of his lips.

Junsu continues to walk idly by the path provided, passing by children on scooters and bikes to women and men out for an afternoon jog. He also stops to watch an old woman feed a few ducks by the river with pieces of bread, smiling at her direction once she notices him there.

“Junsu?” A well too familiar voice calls for his attention from behind and Junsu stops in his tracks, his eyes wide like saucers. Junsu bites his lip, deciding whether to turn around or pretend nothing happened but decides to do the latter.

“Hey, Chunnie…” He says almost like a whisper but Yoochun could hear it clearly enough. Yoochun replies with a small smile and nothing more.

Clearly, both of them are still shaken about the other day.

“Umm, what are you doing here?” Yoochun asks after a bit of silence between them, clearing his throat.

“Just… Having a walk. How about you?” Junsu averts his eyes up to Yoochun, seeing Yoochun already staring right back at him.

“Having a walk, too.”

Junsu nods then looks elsewhere other than his crush; he knows that look on Yoochun’s face, a look that he wants to have a talk but he doesn’t want to have a small talk with him just yet. He still wants his thoughts to himself a little while longer until he is able to shift it into order. In a mental panic, Junsu looks around again, thinking up of something to reason out with Yoochun that he has to leave.

“Don’t try to run away, Junsu.” Yoochun suddenly mutters, surprising Junsu as he suddenly jerks his head up to look at him. “I know that look on your face.” He adds and Junsu bites his lip. At this point, he really can’t avoid the latter anymore.

“We’ve known each other quite a while, Su. I know you probably more than anyone else does.”

Junsu sighs. This is definitely true.

“You want to talk.” It isn’t a question; more of a statement. Yoochun nods in reply then gestures for them to walk to somewhere more private. Junsu bites his lip then follows Yoochun, quickening his pace to at least walk alongside his best friend so it didn’t seem strange and awkward to other people.

Both of them doesn’t say a word as they walk along the path, Junsu merely following Yoochun an inch away as he leads them both to their most favorite spot in the whole park; a large hollow tree that looks like it has been there since the beginning of the world.

Junsu remembers how much this tree has brought for the both of them. They used to play hide-and-seek here when they were around 5-7 years old, from the time where they sat here and blowed colourful bubbles and read storybooks to each other, to the time when they studied just about anything under the protective shade of the tree.

Yoochun sits back against the trunk; the usual position he takes whenever they both hang out by this tree. He beckons for Junsu to come sit next to him and Junsu hesitates but obeys. They both sit in silence; none of them knows how to start.

“Junsu…” Yoochun finally says, scratching the back of his head in what seems like worry to Junsu. “About… The other day…”

Junsu bites his lip, staring at the rich grass covered with lots of orange hued leaves before him. He feels nervous but very keen on what Yoochun is about to say next. Will it make him or break him?

“I’ve been thinking for a while… But not too long since it’s only been a few days.” Yoochun starts slowly, still forming his thoughts into sentences. From the corner of Junsu’s eyes, he could see his best friend fiddling with his fingers nervously.

“What is it…?” Junsu mumbles, really curious as to what Yoochun wants to say to him. He wants the latter to hurry up so he could run home and either cry or giggle like a teen. Yoochun turns his head to look at him, to examine him and see what the other might be thinking. But it was no use; Junsu, for the first time since their childhood, is unreadable.

“I was thinking… If… You…” Yoochun mutters, averting his eyes elsewhere then deciding to just close them, blurting out the last bit of his sentence in a rush. “Do you have feelings for me?”

Junsu widens his eyes then gulps in nothing. What is he going to say to that?

“Umm…” Junsu could only muster, biting his lip and feeling his cheeks starting to feel hot and his palms starting to sweat from nervousness.

‘Hurry up, Junsu. Just say it!’ One side of him thinks while the other disagrees in his head.

“Junsu?” Yoochun calls for him since he still hasn’t gotten his answer. “I-If this is bothering you, I’m sorry. I’ll not ask this ag—“

“Yes.” Junsu finally answers. Just a simple ‘yes’ will do for now until he asks more about it. After this, no one said a word and Junsu starts to feel even more scared than before. Should he bolt away and never be friends with Yoochun again? Or pretend that he never said anything at all?

“Junsu… I don’t know how to say this… I know I should say something more…” Yoochun thinks of a better word, “Decent? I don’t know but… I think… I like you, too…”

Junsu couldn’t believe it. Did his crush just confess to him? How is he going to respond to this? He doesn’t know.

“Wait wait…” He says, suddenly confused. “You think?” He raises a brow at Yoochun to which Yoochun responds by biting his lip.

“Well, okay. I do like you.” To this point, Junsu could see a faint hue of pink on Yoochun’s cheeks but he isn’t sure if this is due to the cold or either he is really shy now. “I feel this… Feeling inside me… Like the other day. It was… Weird. But it felt right.”

Junsu doesn’t know how to respond but he thinks that he doesn’t have to respond anyway. He looks away from Yoochun, not knowing what to do. He suddenly hears soft rustling of the leaves as Yoochun changes his position and scoots closer to him, grabbing his hand and squeezing it a little. Junsu freezes, really not knowing what to do now.

‘He’s not holding my hand… Omo, why is he holding my hand?’ Junsu wonders to himself, biting his lip then catching a glimpse to see Yoochun’s blank but composed expression.

“So…” Yoochun starts then turns his head to look at Junsu, to which Junsu flinches and quickly looks away with his cheeks feeling hot like fire. He chuckles at the latter’s cute reactions and squeezes his hand again. “Junsu-yah.” He whines cutely, smiling now.

“Y-Yes?” Junsu squeaks softly.

“Let’s go get some ice cream together, neh? Let’s go, my girlfriend.” He grins and stands up, pulling up the surprised latter with him.

“Girlfriend? Yah, why am I the girl?” Junsu blushes even harder to which Yoochun just grins back.

“Because I’m the man of this relationship.” Yoochun laughs as they both left the tree towards their favorite ice cream shop, Junsu blabbering out reasons as to why he should be the man instead of Yoochun.

~~~~~

So... What do you guys think about this one, huh? 8D

Yes? No? Maybe so? :3

Keke, please comment below and tell me what you think! X3