Flowers (No. 27: Doing something sweet)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu
"Jagiya, I'm home!" Yoochun exclaims while dropping his keys to the house on the table near the front door and slipping off his shoes. Slipping his socked feet into his slippers, he walks his way towards the living room of their apartment. (Being only newly weds for a month, they've only gone as far as moving to a new apartment instead of a proper house. However, Yoochun is determined to find a new place for the both of them very soon.) In his hands is a bouquet of flowers, personally bought just moments ago when Yoochun was passing by a flower shop towards his car. He doesn't really know why he thought of buying flowers for Junsu on such a random day but he figures that it will brighten up the said man's day.

"Welcome home, Chunnie!" Junsu replies, popping his head from the corner of the hallway connecting their bedroom and living room. His sleeves are rolled up to his upper arms.

"Let me just finish th-- Oh? What's that?" Junsu blinks in surprise once he spots the bouquet in Yoochun's hands. With a cheeky grin, Yoochun presents it to Junsu.

"I got you flowers! I just felt like it." Yoochun shrugs his shoulders and grins again. Junsu smiles back in reply, walking over to his husband and hugging him without his hands touching the man's clothes because they are wet and soapy.

"You're so sweet! Thank you." Junsu smiles again. "Please put them in a vase for me? I'm currently occupied with the washing." He requests to which Yoochun happily obliges to.

"Let me help you with the washing." Yoochun offers after neatly displaying the flower vase at the center of their dining table. Junsu smiles towards the older and scoots over to give space for Yoochun to join him.

"Did you like the flowers?" Yoochun asked while helping his partner with the washing, scrubbing the clothes with vigor.

"Of course! They're from Chunnie after all! Chunnie, be careful with that." Junsu scolds. Yoochun chuckles in response.

"Alright alright. How was work today, by the way?"

"I guess it was okay. Busy as always, Chunnie." Junsu smiles a tired smile. "But thank you for the flowers. They were really a surprise." Yoochun smiles wider in response and kisses the younger on his cheek, mentally noting to buy more flowers for his other half in random occasions. Considering that Junsu must be really busy for the whole week, a few flowers won't hurt him but brighten up his nights.

-----

 
Junsu stirs in his sleep, the rays of the morning sun peeking it's way through the curtains of the window and blinding his lidded eyes. He softly groans at the light and buries his face to his pillow. His arm reaches out to latch onto Yoochun's shirt when...
 
He feels only empty sheets.
 
Warily opening his eyes, he is greeted with a rose neatly placed on Yoochun's soft pillow with a neatly folded note sitting atop the stem. Realizing it is for him, he smiles a sleepy smile and slowly sits up, rubbing his eyes gently and taking a glance towards the rose and the note. He picks the note up and unfolds it.
 
"Good morning!
You looked so cute and at peace that I didn't want to wake you up. I know you're very tired recently so take your time resting ^^ Chunnie will be back with the groceries. I hope I buy the right ones listed on the shopping list... Keke.
I love you!
- Your Chunnie"
 
Junsu smiles to himself; how thoughtful of Yoochun to do the grocery shopping for him this week. Though he was planning to go with Yoochun, it's still awfully nice to have a day of rest at home.
 
Junsu picks up the rose on the pillow and takes a sniff of the sweet aroma, smiling again and getting up for another wonderful day.
 
 

Author's Note: Hello again! I know, it has been a while but I'm sort of back! Well, not really >.< I just felt so bad that I have kept my lovely subscribers in such a long wait that I couldn't just leave you empty handed, especially since this year is very quickly coming to a close! Thus, I have finally decided to post this short chapter up for you guys to read. Although it's short, I think it'll still be good enough? ^^ I had this chapter reserved and stashed away in my phone for quite a while and wasn't even thinking of posting this until I had at least started typing up the chapter after this one but I really couldn't resist! Hope you enjoyed this and please don't hate me! ;u;