You are Crazy (No. 19: In battle, side-by-side)

30 Day OTP Challenge! DB5K/JYJ's YooSu

“Oh no!” Junsu wails in pain and clutches his wounded arm, crouching into a ball on the ground. “I’m going to die!”

Yoochun stops from his tracks, his eyes widening at the sight of his partner bleeding and quickly runs to his side. He slings his shotgun over his shoulder and helps the younger to a safe place, breaking the strict rule of ‘do not move an injured person’. Fortunately, Junsu doesn’t feel much pain as Yoochun helps him sit back on a half-destroyed brick wall.

“You’re not going to die, Su. You’ll be fine. I’m here with you.” Yoochun bites his lip in worry, looking around to check the perimeter from unwanted predators. He sits cross-legged next to the wounded Junsu and looks through his backpack for anything. Junsu sits helplessly with his hand over his wounded arm. His face shows a bit of uneasiness but the pain seems tolerable for now; much tolerable with the thought of Yoochun by his side.

“I only have a bandage with me…” Yoochun mutters softly, taking out the flesh colored roll of bandage from his backpack.

“That’ll do.” Junsu forces a smile and scoots to his boyfriend closer.

“Keep watch around us.” Yoochun orders though in a soft whisper as he starts to carefully bandage Junsu’s bleeding arm. Junsu constantly scans around the perimeter, not once wincing in pain. To him, his arm seems to feel numb now.

“All done.” Yoochun smiles, sitting comfortably next to Junsu and holding his shotgun firmly. “Let’s stay here for a bit.”

Junsu smiles in return and nods firmly, closing his eyes while leaning his head to Yoochun’s shoulder. As alert as he can, Yoochun watches out for predators going after them, his finger real close to the trigger though making sure the gun’s nozzle is well far away from himself and especially his Junsu.

“I think I hear footsteps…” Yoochun whispers. His eyes quickly look to and fro around them both but he sees no sign of anyone or anything. He sits up straighter and tries to hone his hearing sense but suddenly, there is no sound anymore. In Yoochun’s gut, he could feel someone watching.

“Chunnie… I think someone is watching us.” Junsu whispers, looking around as well. “Or something…”

“Hmm…” His lover hums in response and just then, a creature barring viciously sharp fangs and claws swipe at him but only missing by just a millimeter. The creature’s knife-pointed nails screech on the concrete before the pair, snarling with deep menace. A few more of the same kind jump into view, flanking the first as if it’s a pack leader.

“Suddenly, it’s not so safe here anymore…” Yoochun mutters while his other widens his eyes in shock at the sudden company, the creatures’ mouths drooling with a mix of fresh blood and saliva.

“Su, we have to get out of here.”

To this, Junsu nods nervously. With a wounded arm, Junsu is not able to lift his gun to fight back so it’s only up to Yoochun to save their butts as they try to make their way to safety. Yoochun leans close to Junsu to whisper at his ear.

“At the count of three, we bolt, okay? Don’t worry about firing your gun. I’ll handle it.” Junsu nods again and waits for the countdown.

“One…”

The creatures slowly close in to the pair, snarling and growling louder than before.

“Two…”

Junsu grips on his arm a little tighter than necessary, wincing softly in pain. He adjusts the sling of his gun on his shoulder, preparing himself to bolt away with Yoochun behind.

“Three!” Yoochun growls and fires bullets towards the pack, Junsu running ahead with him close behind. Although he isn’t able to fire directly at the creatures, Yoochun is able to stall time for the both of them to escape from being cornered.

“You alright, Su?” Yoochun yells atop the noises of gunshots and growls from behind the both of them.

“Neh!” Junsu squeaks, quite afraid himself since he has no way of defending himself.

“Watch out!” Junsu is quickly reeled away from a close attack from another weird and feisty looking creature; this one looking just as vicious and wild. The pair landed on the ground with Yoochun cushioning Junsu’s fall, his chest against Junsu’s wounded arm.

“Aish. Why are there so many?” Yoochun growled, looking around him to find a safe spot for his lover to stay and rest for a short while until the coast is clear enough for them to safely run to their actual destination. He spots a little darkened corner and bolts for the spot with Junsu in tow, gently placing the younger down to a crouch.

“Wait here until I get back.” Yoochun smiles a little and lands a soft peck on the other’s forehead before quickly jogging away back to where they ran from. Junsu watches after the man’s back, his figure slowly disappearing into the foggy distance then curls himself tighter into a ball. Gunshots being fired are soon heard again just not far from where he’s sitting.

“Stupid wounded arm.” Junsu mutters under his breath, looking around his surroundings as he waits for the other’s return. The darkened corner has a damp air into it. The walls feel rough and rugged; it’s color unidentifiable because of the lack of light. It looks like a good enough hiding spot but it’s not really ideal for a long-term for a person can be cornered.

A sudden movement from somewhere above catches Junsu’s attention, the man quickly snapping his head to look at the source of movement but there’s nothing except for the dark sky and the stars. Suddenly confused, Junsu thinks to himself that maybe it is only his imagination then proceeds to wait for Yoochun’s return. Another movement from somewhere else jolts Junsu.

“Who’s there?” Junsu tries to sound as courageous as he can but his voice squeaks a bit in pure fright. His free hand slowly pats around his pockets to find a weapon, his fingers only patting away at nothing but his slightly torn clothes. With nothing of good use in his pockets, his hand pats away on the ground until his fingers feel something slender like a stick, cold to the touch and hard as well. His fingers slowly clasp onto the metal pole, his eyes slowly lingering his surroundings for anything that can possibly attack him from any direction.

Yoochun finally appears into view, jogging but out of breath.

“Are you okay, Su?” Yoochun pants, crouching a little as he catches his breath after all that running back to Junsu’s aid. Junsu pays not much attention; only sharpening his senses but slightly shivering.

“Junsu? What’s wrong?” Yoochun asks after finally noticing Junsu acting a bit strange rather than running up to his arms in delight.

“Shh… I think… We’re being watched.” Junsu whispers then gulps down nothing.

A low growl suddenly escapes from above, catching the pair’s attention. The pair slowly turns their heads to look above them and atop the small building stood a menacing creature, looking the same as the other ones Yoochun killed off moments ago; this one looking gigantic than the others that they both have ever seen. Its eyes glows red with pure menace and a wish to kill.

“Ch-Chunnie…” Junsu whispers and points to the direction behind Yoochun. A pack slowly emerges from the fog, coming into full view and cornering the pair.

“.” Yoochun swears under his breath. “We’re being cornered.”

Junsu carefully gets up from his spot, looking all around him, staring straight into the glowing red eyes of their predators. His fingers slowly grip tighter onto the metal pole that he found moments ago, his knuckles slowly appearing white as snow.

“Will you be okay?” Yoochun bites his lip, loading his gun with new bullets to prepare for the epic battle against the pack. Junsu nods but his eyes show a little fear in them. Yoochun glances at his lover and kisses the other softly to reassure him.

“Ready?” Yoochun smiles.

“Ready.” Junsu puffs out a breath.

A beast among the pack growls loudly then charges at the both of them, the others from the pack following suit. Yoochun fires at the pack, killing off as much as he can, while Junsu knocks the others out with his metal pole, although as heavy it may be the weight can be tolerable for a few minutes.

Yoochun grabs onto Junsu’s waist as his eyes see an opening, charging at the open passageway to escape from being killed. Junsu is caught off guard but finally understands why and tries his best to run alongside the other to escape.

The pair skidded to a sudden stop just when they are finally about to escape completely; the pack leader stands a few feet ahead of them, blocking their escape once again. From behind, the other creatures from the pack slowly pounce into view.

“What do we do?” Junsu looks around for anything that might help but there is nothing but walls around them and the pack with glowing red eyes glaring to their souls.

“Charge at the leader.” Yoochun orders and growls with annoyance at the amount of beasts around them. Why are there so many of them, dammit. He thinks to himself.

“What?” Junsu snaps his head to Yoochun. “At the leader? We don’t even know how strong he can be!” He squeaks.

“We never know until we try, Su.” Yoochun glances at Junsu then looks straight ahead to the pack leader. Their opponent seems to know the situation and prepares to attack, his hind legs locking into place, his neck and head lowering as a sign that he will attack.

“No, Yoochun. I’m not going to—“

“On the count of 3.” Yoochun glances at Junsu, a small smirk forming at the corner of his lips at the sight of Junsu's shocked expression, as if to say that Yoochun is mental.

“Yoochun!”

“One…”

“Are you crazy?!”

“THREE!”

“Aish! Chinja, this ma— Wait, WHAT?!“

Regardless of his own whims, Junsu charges anyway alongside Yoochun to help him, their opponent baring its teeth and charging with high speed towards the pair, its sharp claws scratching the concrete floor.

-----

“NO!” Both Yoochun and Junsu wail in defeat, dropping their game controllers onto their laps and frowning at the same time. They both stare at the screen in defeat, the monitor illuminating a bright light with the word “Game Over” in bold, red letters stamped atop the game graphics.

“Aish! I told you!” Junsu pouts and crosses his arms in front of him, looking the other direction. “You should have listened to me!”

“Well, what choice do we have? It was either that pack leader and a chance of escape or about a thousand of those disgusting things!” Yoochun runs his fingers through his hair in frustration but looks happy enough that he’s enjoying an RPG game with his boyfriend.

“I know…” Junsu sighs and ruffles his hair, picking up his controller. “Should we try it again?”

Yoochun looks towards Junsu, smiling softly and scooting closer to Junsu. He carefully turns Junsu’s face to look at him and kisses the other softly but slowly on the lips, earning a small smile from Junsu.

“What was that for?” Junsu chuckles with his cheeks flushing rosy pink.

Yoochun doesn’t reply and restarts the level, a wide smile plastered on his face.

 

~~~~~

Hello~! XD

So... This is no particular game, whatsoever. I was going to go for Legend of Zelda or Kingdom Hearts but then those games don't have multiplayer options and that would just be totally weird if the pair plays that together OTL

Pokemon would be even weirder? (Aish, look at me and my nerd gamer self coming out XD")

So I just made my own game that doesn't make total sense ;u;

I hope you like this chapter anyway~! Please give feedback ♥

Comments keep me moving ♥

Sincerely,
-the-badguy-or-hero-