Park Chanyeol's Diary Entry; Day 5

The Grim Reaper and Me

Plea

 

 

Putting on my jacket, I went out of my house just to find the thick snow covering the whole world before me. My mind had screamed for myself to immediately start a snowball fighting with the others. Yet I restrained my mind as it wonders to my superior’s superbly crouched self; D.O’s self, which is breaking even more.

And so with a heavy heart I walked myself to somewhere forbidden for the occupants of the Death Management department to step in. By heavy heart, I don’t mean I’m not ready for this getting through the forbidden barrier thing or what. I’ve prepared both my heart and my mind for this, and so here I am at the gate of the Time Management department.

I pressed on the bell, which turns out to be a hologram intercom, and saw Tao’s computerized greetings. ‘Wow, Death Management should have this technology installed!’ I thought as I was being completely amazed by the advance technology the Time Management has got.

 

“Hello, Tao! Chanyeol is here!” I said with quite a big grin, just to be replied by a blank stare followed by an underestimating look. I began to wonder if the Tao I see right now is the computerized Tao or the real Tao.

“Cheh, wait a moment… I don’t have program installed for your arrival, not that I want to make one for you” Literally I gritted my teeth in annoyance as the response. Apparently this jerk only cares for Kyungsoo, doesn’t he?

“Yah, what are you doing here, Chanyeol-ah?! When I knew today’s visitor is from the Death Management department, I really hoped it would be D.O” The real Tao finally said lazily from the hologram intercom after it was reconnected, I could see him lazily resting his head on one of his arms. I knew I never liked this guy, but D.O always seems to be happy to sent mails to him.

“Well, sorry to have let you down.” Again, I grinned. Now with a tad bit of sarcasm just to overwhelm my troubled mind.

“In fact, I came here with consideration of your help.” Tao stared at me confusedly as if I just speak to him with either robot’s or outer space’s language. Then he turned his rotating chair while waving his hands away, it’s as if he was shooing me away.

 

“Sorry I can’t help. Anyway why don’t you go already? It’s forbidden for you to come here.” Tao said rather coldly, I don’t know whether it was only an act or is it the real him, since sometimes I couldn’t really get to know the real him, moreover figuring out his real behavior myself.

“…It’s concerning D.O” Tao’s hands, that were waving endlessly freezes with a single blow of my sentence. He immediately turns around with a slight spark of interest in his eyes.

“…I’ll stop the time for you, so… come in” I felt things surrounding me slowed in a blink of an eye, and the gate that was once forbids me to pass through, creaked opened along with my gawking mouth. I gulped and take my way entering the Time Management department.

 

I sat before him, who’s now eyeing every corner of my skin with those narrow yet enchanting eyes; sparking those goose bumps running along my backside.

“You know it’s forbidden for Death Management’s party to went into three of these followings; the Age department, Space and Time Management departments.” I nodded, in such a solemn way that my grin immediately disappears from my face.

“You know that it’s risky enough to cause you vital consequences like death, do you?” I nodded once again without any hesitation apparent since it’s the truth; I knew the consequences.

“Then for you to insist on coming here… Things must have been pretty critical, doesn’t it? For D.O’s sake?” I… don’t quite know how exactly to put things, especially when you’re being directly questioned like this. Yet in the end I nod; with a little bit of hesitation since I’m not quite sure of the condition myself.

 

Tao sighed, he flumps his self back to lean on his chair.

“Tell me how could I help you” Actually, I didn’t expect myself to have gotten this far; never in my mind I imagined of getting the ruler of the Time Management department on my side trying to help me out. My expression’s lit up a bit; a lot actually, since Tao quickly revised his sentence.

“I’m only doing this for D.O’s sake, okay.” Well, I don’t mind it at all. After all Tao must have taken liking of D.O that he sincerely wants to help me out, and I couldn’t hate anyone who likes D.O; I just can’t though they might be my potential rival.

“I wanted you to show me D.O’s past” Tao’s narrowed eyes widened all of the sudden at my request; I know it’s quite an absurd and a rude request for someone merely an assistant like me.

 

“This is against the rule, Chanyeol. I couldn’t accept it even if it means for D.O’s sake.” He turned my request down at immediately without even thinking about it further, even more asking the reasons behind my request.

“I know this is dangerous, and could even bring harm. But please do it, it’s the only way we could bring D.O’s smile back.” Tao turns his chair once again, literally refusing to face me with my ridiculously hazardous request.

“I couldn’t possibly bring harm to you, not even when I dislike you this much” Okay, that was quite harsh to put; yet he said that for my wellbeing doesn’t he? I smiled, finally realizing what has D.O looked after Tao to decide that Tao is an ally.

 

“You’re a nice guy Tao.” I grinned, I’m glad that all of the personnel of the Life departments are very nice. It almost feels like a family, a really big family ahead of me.

“However I really need to do this in order to bring back D.O’s smile, even if it means I would put myself in hazard.” Tao doesn’t respond immediately, but I know he has been considering in bringing D.O’s smile back. He still won’t turns his head to me, yet I knew he would also like to take part in bringing D.O’s smile back to him.

“…I don’t want to be of any responsibility.”

 

“Thanks Tao!” I literally jumped happily; I couldn’t contain how happy I feel to have Tao takes part in my plan.

“Stop it before I changed my mind” Tao said, referring to my jumpiness I showed him right now. I stopped immediately while smiling embarrassedly; I reckon that my cheeks are getting warmer by now.

“So, what’s your plan, Chanyeol?” Tao asked me for the first time, I was quite surprised by the fact that he really is putting an effort to actually asking me of how I would do this. Of how would I actually carry on this hardly impossible, life risking time travelling to the past.

 

I smiled, I actually find Tao is pretty reliable and I was really glad. I’m contented to the core of my heart that Tao wants to help me, well not actually helping me though. The thing made me glad is that he actually wants to bring back D.O’s smile, he had the same motivation as I do.

“I, want to know the reasons of how D.O lost his smile” I smiled confidently, no hesitation heard from my voice, not even a tad bit. I was pretty shocked myself, yet I continued on telling Tao about my plan.

“And to do that, I need your power Tao. I need you to send me back to the past.” Tao scoffed to hear what I just said, as if it was something ridiculous enough for him to do so.

“How do you know I won’t betray you Chanyeol?” Tao backfired me.

“What if I tricked you, and leave you in the past? Or what if, I let you die from the breaking of the rule?” His words really are as sharp and harmful as what I imagined those words would have impacted me in the real life. I began to wonder if he would really do that to me, since yeah; it’s not hard to imagine Tao really do that.

 

Yet I want to believe in him. I knew he would be more than gratified to actually be able to bring D.O’s smile back. And I knew, that someone who would actually care about other’s happiness is not a bad person.

“I know you won’t. I believe in you Tao. In the same way as D.O has believed in you” I said in full confidence, which I don’t quite know where would it come from.

“Fuh” He laughed softly, mocking me with his insulting snickers.

“You really is a ridiculously idiot one of a kind, Chanyeol.” I know what kind of person Tao is, but I couldn’t help to be offended by his words though.

“However I find you interesting.” He smirked as I widened my eyes in confusion, blinking continuously before Tao finally cast his spell.

 

“Thy fellow the ruler of the time Chronos, thy should listen for his plea. Revert thy ruled, lead him to the time he wished.” Tao chant his spell before it ends with some Latin words.

Tempus placere devenient!” Tao’s surrounding lit up before me, almost blinds me with its brightness.

“Now listen to me, Chanyeol. Just think in your mind the time you want to see, the condition you want to be, and when you’re ready please open your eyes” Tao instructed me, entrusting me with the freedom of choosing the place and time in the past which I want to see. The time I opened my eyes, it was white. White, vast, snowy land appears before me. Black trunks of the trees covered mostly with the milky white of snow.

“Yah, this idiot Park Chanyeol! Didn’t I give you a brief instruction?!”

 

Oops, Tao sounded angry about the time-travelling result, in which it also involves him.  Though it might be seen that I was actually unaware, I did have a thought of Tao intentionally.

“I want you to help me regain D.O’s smile, Tao. I don’t want to be the only one who would take D.O’s smile back.” I said, keeping my smile as straight as it usually be.

“I want you to take parts in taking his smile back, Tao.” Tao’s expressions changed multiple times, revolving around irritated, anger, hatred, etc. In the end his expression finally settled to be in the state of submission.

“…As you wish then, Chanyeol.” I grinned widely, I was actually genuinely happy for Tao’s acceptance of working with me.

 

The moving dark green bushes distract the both of us from the staring competition we had settled down.

“Who was-“ My words stop immediately as I saw his petite form, his dark black hair, and his snow white skin.

“D.-“

“Sssh” Tao immediately shushed me before the boy realized of my presence. “Remember, we must not let the past sees us, moreover to have interfering with them.” Tao warned me the most basic thing in the time travelling management. I nods slowly while my eyes are still fixed on that boy’s self, on the 4 years ago D.O.

 


 

Collon's coffee time

I decided to call this short little segment in every end of my stories as 'collon's coffee time'

(actually I want to have teatime with you guys *readers and silent readers* sometime; having a relaxing conversation ^^)

Gosh finally I'm able to update my story xD

 

so sorry of my late update :'( and thanks for staying here with me ^^

thanks also for subscribing and commenting on my story :') and even voting :D