Recovery: Day 2 and ½ (When Chanyeol stops reporting)

The Grim Reaper and Me

Kyungsoo is a good man, with a good heart; straight and kind. He wouldn’t want to be disloyal to his friend, moreover towards his lover. Never in his mind he would cheat on Ryeowook though all Ryeowook had been thinking of, let’s face it; is Kyuhyun.

 

Even though many people tried to approach him, just like Kris always did, almost everyone did actually. But amongst them all Kris was the one who always take it one step further; he’s more persistent, he’s more aggressive.

 

Yet despites them all, Kyungsoo still won’t cheat on Ryeowook. He didn’t, though in the end it hurts him so much to find that Ryeowook would leave the world sooner than he should have been. He was lost in his own darkness, trying to get rid of the pain he tried to date several people.

 

Both gender, he tried to approach them and go out with them. Minah, a woman in the earth, whose life would have to be taken in just a few days more by him the Grim Reaper, is the first approach he tried to do out of frustration.

 

In the end, she could not heal his heart, as she ran out of time, and he needed to take her soul. The next person, the member of the Life Department to be exact, who would be the last before he met Chanyeol, is Kris. The latter was both persistent and aggressive at the same time it made Kyungsoo’s heart waver, tried his best to at least give it a try.

 

Though deep inside his heart Kyungsoo never considered Kris as someone more than his best friend, they ended up dating for several weeks, with many times Kris demanded the shorter one to pay full attention to him and not to his works as a Grim Reaper.

 

Many times, Kyungsoo managed to try his best to actually paid more attention to his boyfriend. However, at those times, he suffered the most. Most of the times, Kyungsoo had to push his self too hard to work overnight so he could spend his daytime with Kris.

 

He tried his best to treat Kris the way lovers should treat their partner. And most of the times, Kyungsoo ends up hating himself for not being his true self. Well, he never did. He’s never been his self anymore since the loss of Ryeowook had scarred his heart deeply; the wound was hard to heal.

 

Kyungsoo had always ends up being swallowed by his own darkness; he ends up forcing smiles and sweet talks just to push his self to forget Ryeowook. Yet he couldn’t get out of his own darkness, as Ryeowook is his forever rays of stars in the night sky.

 

In the end, Kyungsoo decided it’s best for him and Kris to break up; though this whole relationship has not ever been publicized to the others. There are not much things changed, though. Kris would always be Kris, and Kyungsoo would always be Kyungsoo.

 

At least before that certain someone came into Kyungsoo’s life. His smile, his grin, his twitching eyes, catches Kyungsoo by surprise. It’s like when he smiles, sun shines. And he is Kyungsoo’s rays of sun in the daylight; Park Chanyeol.

 

Indeed, there was some sparks happened between Kyungsoo and Kris, which he considered of his effort for trying to be a good lover for Kris; nevertheless the keyword is was. That’s why, now when Kris is trying to kiss the latter, Kyungsoo raised his hands, calmly and gently refusing Kris’ action despites his slight drunkenness.

 

“There’s nothing between us anymore, Kris” Kris stopped his self from leaning closer towards the shorter one who’s staring back at him with his big, doe eyes he would always adore. He chuckled while slowly bringing his fingers to gently pinching Kyungsoo’s cheeks.

 

“There has never been anything between us, D.O” Kyungsoo kept his straight face before Kris, who’s smirking playfully. And invisibly, that smirk contains a certain amount of bitterness.

 

“You are my best friend, that lies between us.” Kris lets go of his fingers from the latter’s cheeks, and slowly he bring his self to his seat. Yes, and only that lies between us, nothing more. Never.

 

Kris smiled bitterly, invisibly; as he ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair with a lonely smile he tried hard to hide. “Take good care of Chanyeol, D.O-yah” Kris said, though he actually wanted to say those things towards Chanyeol, having him taking a good care of his favorite ex, D.O.

 

Heart breaking it is for Kris; Kyungsoo smiled so endearingly it made Kris’ heart flutters more than it is breaking. “Yes I will, Kris. I’ll make sure it is working, best friend” Kyungsoo giggled at the end of his sentence, slowly trying to stands up and suggesting that this might be best the end of the day for the both of them.

 

“Ah, before I forget one thing. Kris, would you contact Youngwoon Hyung for me?” Kyungsoo slowly turned his self before going into his and Chanyeol’s bedroom, smiling warmly before Kris. The latter one blinks his eyes as realization struck him in the head, he scratched his head in recognition.

 

“It’s finally the time, eh? I wonder why didn’t you do it when you’re going out with me” Kris said jokingly, watching the shorter one pouts adorably in front of him might be one of many joys he find in his daily life.

 

“You were, and you are able to take care of yourself greatly. If Chanyeol…”

“Is he that unreliable?” Kris burst out to laugh; soft, and gentle simultaneously despites his beastly image he tried to represent as the head of the Beast Department.

 

“…I can’t stop myself from thinking about him whenever I’m working” Kyungsoo said with such a speed, accompanied by blushes tainting his cheeks beautifully.

 

It is surely the first time for the taller one to see Kyungsoo in this state; shy and fresh as if he’s born new. Kris again laughed, this time with no single bitterness appeared from his pearly white smile. Seems that he has accepted the fact that Kyungsoo is going to go all out with Chanyeol.

 

“I will see what I can do, D.O and in the meantime, if your heart has changed; come back to me. I’ll show you how great I am compared to Chanyeol” Kris chuckled, making the latter one frowns cutely as the taller one make his way out of the Death Management Department.

 

Kyungsoo walked into his shared room just to find Chanyeol sleeps soundly in his bed, he observed him with his loving smile displayed on his face. The shorter one leans forward, just to check the latter one’s temperature, at first. The next moment he had found his lips in tact with Chanyeol’s forehead, softly planting little, gentle pecks throughout his face.

 

“Imperfection is what makes him perfect for me” Kyungsoo muttered to his self before sliding into the cover, circling his hands around Chanyeol’s waist he hugs the latter one lovingly. His grip on Chanyeol tightened as he exhaled deeply, contently.

 

I don’t want to lose you.

 


 

“D.O!” Luhan’s voice chirping as he entered Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s bedroom, just to be turned down by the fact that Kyungsoo had gone to see Youngwoon Hyung. He frowns just to find Chanyeol in his bed.

 

“…He went to see Youngwoon Hyung” Chanyeol’s deep voice came back to him, making Luhan jolted in surprise; Chanyeol had regained his voice back?!

 

“Yah, Park Chanyeol! Warn me first, would you!” Luhan said in panic, hands trying to grasp for his chest, calming his heart down. Apparently Chanyeol’s voice could scare him to death; as expected from that deep voice Chanyeol possess.

 

Chanyeol chuckled, grins showing his pearly white teeth, accompanied by those beautiful dimples he owns. His eyes twitching wittily it makes the older one uncomfortable by the fact that those round orbs keeps on twitching by itself. Luhan smiles contently, decided to shrug off that itchiness and sat by the edge of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s shared bed.

 

“How are you doing?” Luhan asked, it has been almost forever for him to see Chanyeol. Though he knew Kyungsoo has taken care of Chanyeol very well, there’s still some uneasiness he felt radiating from Chanyeol’s self. It bugs Luhan pretty annoyingly, as the fact that now Kyungsoo has decided to finally go to see Youngwoon Hyung indicates that Kyungsoo is determined and seriously going all out for their relationship.

 

“Never been greater” Chanyeol forced his smile, which comes out as a crooked smirk that only belongs to Chanyeol. The older one, Luhan, of course does not believe the lie that has gone through the latter’s teeth. He eyes Chanyeol pretty suspiciously as he began to cross his arm in front of him with those doe eyes staring right through Chanyeol’s glistening ones.

 

“You really could not lie could you, Chanyeol?” The asked one buries his head deep down in an apparent guilt. “Spill the beans, what have been bothering you lately?”

 

Chanyeol sighs; it has been three days since last time he overheard Kyungsoo and Kris’ conversation. He doesn’t remember, not that he wanted to, about what exactly is the content of the conversation except for one undisputable fact, which concerns about Kyungsoo and Kris’ past relationship. That fact enough broke his heart, though Kyungsoo have told him that Chanyeol is now the one for him.

 

Chanyeol has this complex of inferiority, and it gets worse in front of his crush Kyungsoo. His ears might be too big for Kyungsoo’s taste, his smirk might be too creepy, his eyes might twitch a little too much, and lots of imperfection he has as a human. Seeing the perfect gentleman such as Kris, and knowing the fact that his lover used to date him, makes Chanyeol’s inferiority complex even worse.

 

“Come on, I know something must’ve been wrong. You need to tell me. I’m not letting Kyungsoo go to someone who still have their uncertainty.” Luhan said, almost representing all the staffs of the Life Department on the part not letting Kyungsoo go. Chanyeol hesitates a bit, but in the end he gave in to Luhan’s statement and spill all of the things that has been going around in his mind.

 

“Did Kris and Kyungsoo used to date?”