Final; My Grim Reaper and Me

The Grim Reaper and Me

“Let me ask you, do you want an honest answer or do you want to be relieved by my answer?” Luhan asked back to me, in which it strikes me hard in realization. What is it exactly that I’ve been searching for? What is it that bothers me so much that I still have this anxiety inside of me?

“The answer could not change the present, or the future, Chanyeol. Or at least I hope so.” He said, while standing up just in time when the door creaked open, indicating that Kyungsoo has come back from his meeting with some guy called Youngwoon Hyung. I glanced a little over the entrance as Kyungsoo’s shadow could already been seen, slowly approaching the bedroom.

Luhan winks to me and snaps his fingers. And with a clean sound of flick, he disappeared leaving a shower of rose petals as he disappears into thin air. “Whether or not you have the answer you want, I hope your love to Kyungsoo will never end.” I can hear Luhan whispers into my ears, gentle and almost couldn’t be heard.

 

Not a moment later, Kyungsoo showed up in front of the bedroom door with a tender, beautiful smile that he used to show. “You’ve awaken, Channie. Did someone come to visit you?” I nod silently; I still don’t want Kyungsoo to know that my voice has come back. My orbs observe each and every move he made, I swear I could see him radiating with happiness.

Before I could grab for his hands, he grabbed mine first. He clasps both of my hands inside of his smaller palms, warm and soft, it tingles my insides. Kyungsoo smiles as he brings my hands closer to his lips, gently he smooch them full of love. It’s very lovely. I could even feel his soft and plump lips in tact with my warmer skin; I was trembling with delight.

“Thank you, Chanyeol.” I was surprised. Not only I didn’t expect it, but also the innocence; the purity contained in those two words, humiliates me who was filled with uneasiness and anxiety. “Thank you for being my light. Thank you for finding me in my own darkness.” His eyes gaze right through mine, those round orbs with white dominance sparkles as if it radiates by itself. “Thank you for being the sole reason for me to smile” It’s cheesy. I could almost shrugs my body in discomfort if it’s not coming from this fluff ball of loveliness sitting in front of me.

 

As if my hands move on its own, as if my lips are out of control, I stretched out my arms to him as I whispered in his ears. “I love you.”

I could feel he gasped in surprise. I could see the shock is in his round orbs as he stared back at me in realization of my voice. “Y-your voice…!”

I won’t care about your past anymore, Kyungsoo. ”I want to be your future.”

 


 

Luhan sighs. Most of all the members of the Life Department sigh, some in resent and some in content. Well mostly goes by resent. Why not? The one and only lucky guy throughout all the Life Department’s occupants had taken their favorite Grim Reaper forever. The only one that goes by the name of Park Chanyeol, that’s the one.

Youngwoon the Writer holding his Book of Life and standing steadily in front of the altar, patiently waiting for the two occupants of the Death Management Department as they walk side by side to the altar. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were walking side-by-side, complete with their black suit of the Holy Matrimony.

Kyungsoo was smiling beautifully; he has never seen smiling like this before that it made the rest of the Life Department’s occupants were cooing over their little baby. Chanyeol was standing proudly beside him, forcing his self to restrain his grin to be so wide that it would hurt his jaw from doing so. This, of course made the rest of them clenching their fists so hard their knuckles turn snowy white.

 

Chanyeol stole glances towards his lovely little Grim Reaper standing beside him. Kyungsoo replied his glance with smiling sheepishly as he fiddled with the hem of his suits, his cheek glowing beautifully pink.

“We are gathered on this beautiful afternoon to share this beautiful moment with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol as they exchange vows to protectively guarding, and running their Death Management Department till death do they part.” Youngwoon the Writer finishes his speech, as he should be in every oath ceremony each and every time the Departments decided to make their oath. It is not, of course, a mere oath made by two individuals to run their Department securely, though.

This Holy Matrimony functions as the two ops that made their oath, should never be apart from each other. Meaning, their life will be attached to each other, whereas if one of them were to be dead, the other should follow. It takes so much courage for the individuals of the Life Department to make such an oath that it makes the rest of the members who sit in the audience bench were watching in respect as the ceremony being held through.

 

“Do you, Grim Reaper Do Kyungsoo, vow to run the Death Management Department together with the man standing beside you, will keep him company in sickness and in health, in sadness and in happiness, till death do you part?” Youngwoon stated with utmost respect he had despites how many times it has been for him to say this statement. Kyungsoo smiled ever so beautifully, glancing a little towards Chanyeol who’s shifted on his legs uneasily.

He tightened his grip on the latter one’s hand as he replied, “I do”. Chanyeol inhaled and tried to hold for his breath, which does not seem to help in calming his anxiety.

 

“I might not be as handsome as Kris, nor might not be as reliable as Ryeowook. But I’m sure my love to you is greater than anyone else, Kyungsoo” Chanyeol recalls that afternoon, when he was finally sure that he will treasure Kyungsoo so much that his heart aches. He hugs the man in front of him, the little cheesy ball he loves so much even he feels like a e, he grins to his self as he recalls what comes next.

Kyungsoo cupped Chanyeol’s face with his smaller palms, smiling sheepishly as red tint started to shining all over his cheeks. Kyungsoo’s beautiful smile radiates as it comes up to his lips, smiling his heart shaped smile Kyungsoo lean closer to Chanyeol’s side. And he close the gap between them, lips crashing, and—

“…till death do you part?” the statement Youngwoon make slaps Chanyeol back to reality as he was inhaling sharply. Kyungsoo glanced back at Chanyeol, showing his lover the beautifully heart shaped smile that Chanyeol once determined to bring back to the Grim Reaper. Now that it does come back, Chanyeol’s heart fluttered all over again, even more fluttering than when they first met.

 

Kyungsoo circled his thumb on the back of Chanyeol’s palm; this motion really does calming Chanyeol’s nervousness down. Chanyeol turns his head and looked at the rest of the occupants of the Life Department, he saw Suho and Sehun frown at him, Tao keeping his face flat with all the elegance he has. Kai is smiling happily, standing beside Kris who smirks playfully. And while Luhan trying to suppress his own contentment, Chen and Baekhyun still seems to argue with each other about the song they will present this afternoon.

Then he saw Lay and Xiumin, smiling back at him with supportive manners. It relieves him, to be the part of this Life Department. But mainly, Chanyeol’s satisfied with getting to live the rest of his life with the one he really loves, the one and only Grim Reaper that has the most beautiful smile, ever.

“I do”

And the party confetti was popped, Chen and Baekhyun started singing, the crowds start cheering. It is the best day ever, for both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

 


*a little sneak peek from Chanyeol about their daily life*

 

Hello, this is Park Chanyeol writing. This afternoon my Grim Reaper is doing some errands to do in the mortal worlds, and I’m guarding the Death Management Department, not that there is some unknown intruder or what. I mean, we all knew who the intruders are.

 

“Yeollie!! Is he back yet?” I could hear Suho’s voice at the front gate, chirping over the matter that Kyungsoo is not here yet. Sehun nudges Suho, trying to steal the spotlight playfully as he shouts at me.

“I have to give this to him!!” Sehun shouted as he waver a bag of his favorite chips, and well, I don’t know since when those boards of profanities have turned into some bags of chips.

 

I shook my head, though grins creeping up my lips. I was about to shout back at him when suddenly someone cuts me off my words.

“Stop giving him MSG!!” Xiumin’s voice was stinging my ears as he fisted over Sehun and Suho’s direction with rage.

“Are you trying to make him bald?!” Lay burst out to laugh of Xiumin’s comment, and when I realized it, I giggled a bit too much. I patted Xiumin’s shoulder (which feels more like a slap rather than a gentle pat) as I laughed my off. I just cannot imagine Kyungsoo gone bald.

 

“Hairless, Xiumin. I prefer hairless.” Chen intrudes; trying to make sense yet somehow it is more ridiculous coming from him. This time, Lay was falling to his knees, trembling from too much laughter. I, too, grab for my stomach as it began to hurt from the same reason as Lay’s. Baekhyun’s comment that came up next doesn’t even make sense, and it doesn’t help in easing our laughter.

“Come on you guys, Kyungsoo can even pull off a chonmage, you know.”  (Chonmage= Japanese Samurai’s hairstyle)

As we all burst to laugh, I tried to catch my breath in between our endless laughter.

“W-why are you guys so… so mean?” I tried to speak as I catch my own breath, each words comes out as heavy as hell, I just hoped I didn’t choke myself over those words.

“Look who’s the one speaking, Yeol-ah. You are the one who laugh the most!” Baekhyun retorts as he point his finger at me.

 

I was about to stand up to my feet when someone pushes me down from behind with his own weight. I wonder who it is, but immediately I knew it’s none other than the frowning cutie who has finished his errands in the mortal world. “D.O!” The rest of them shouted; as surprised as I am with the Grim Reaper’s presence. I could feel Kyungsoo was getting tense and a little bit offended from our comments just now.

“Could you guys please go back for this afternoon?” None of us giving any reply, his voice seem to contain certain level of anger that Kyungsoo tried so hard to keep it hidden. He’s a little too sensitive about his own appearance, all right. The other day when we were chatting about his height, Kyungsoo also appeared all of a sudden like today. And it didn’t end so well… And I suppose it would also happen again today. Oh .

Please” is the last word that comes out from Kyungsoo’s lips as the rest of them walking limply outside the Death Management Department. Once they all left, Kyungsoo turned to me with frowns on his face, no blinding smile rewarded for me at all. I tried my best to grin, but he kept on glaring back at me. Looks like it’s time to an apology from me…

 

“Kyungsoo, I-“ the next thing I knew, Kyungsoo hugged me so tightly. I was frozen since I didn’t really expect him to hug me. Especially after he found out that I was laughing at the image of him getting a chonmage. Uncool, it really is uncool man.

“Where’s my welcome back kiss?” Kyungsoo’s words muffled to my shoulders, yet I could still vaguely hear his question. I grabbed his chin gently before I brought my lips closer to his plump ones.

“Welcome back, my Grim Reaper”

 

THE END

 


 

Kyaaa kyaaaa it ends here! xD

Thank you for all of my subscribers, readers and *silent*readers to support me so that I could finish this story (though it's pretty slow for me to update) and thanks for the upvotes you guys have given to this story. I appreciate them. Really ♥ 

Once again, thank you very much :*

And I hope we can meet again in my other stories ^^ Cheers!