Park Chanyeol (maybe) last diary; Recovery Day 2

The Grim Reaper and Me

 

Hello, this is Park Chanyeol reporting to you my second day of complete rest in bed. You know, it being sick. Being unable to use your limbs at all, being pathetically disabled. Yeah, though, it’s not permanent. But still, it seeing Chen and Baekhyun came to “visit” me while in the end they are touching my Kyungsoo in front of me, deliberately.

Worse, though I’m able to open my lips, my voice still wouldn’t come out. I couldn’t even scream my protests; my arms are not even that great in condition yet, couldn’t lift them up above my shoulder. And the worst part is, that Do ing adorable Kyungsoo doesn’t even try to shook Chen’s hands away from his waist, nor refusing Baekhyun’s little pecks over his cheeks.

What the- what are those “When you’re able to talk later would you call me Kyungsoo” yesterday mean then? Did I not get to be his boyfriend yet? Did he forget of what he had said to me yesterday?

 

I clenched my still recovering fists so hard I thought it would break in no time, as my knuckles turns white. My eyes burns as I saw Chen circles his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist, whining as he played with Kyungsoo’s apron ties. When I saw Kyungsoo finally shook Chen’s arms, with exasperation apparent on his beautiful face, I mentally grin to myself. Kyungsoo walked away with stomps replacing his steps from the stove, heading towards the fridge leaving a frowning Chen behind.

I swear I could hear myself laughing inside my mind, just before Baekhyun appeared in the edge of the door, completely blocking the view of my beloved Grim Reaper. With playful grin plastered on his face, Baekhyun approached me with a pen and a paper. Oh well, he’s going to annoy me with his words.

Burning with jealousy yet? He wrote while biting his lower lips, restraining his self from bursting into a set of mocking laughs. I snatched his paper from his possession, along with the pen I tried to write several replies. It turns out my beautiful handwriting has not recovered just yet, now my handwriting looks like those of kindergarten’s.

Are you here to visit me, or to annoy the hell out of me? I could hear scoffs as I finished my messy handwriting. I turned to glare at Baekhyun, who smirked mischievously; I’m not sure whether he’s laughing at my reply or at my poor handwritings.

I don’t know Chanyeol… Maybe I’m trying to make a move on D.O

If you’re able to take him from us, then why wouldn’t I? My eyes turns wider as I read through his reply, my jaws fell in disbelief, my gaze moves back and forth between the paper and his face. He folds it immediately as Kyungsoo came into the room with a bowl filled with his homemade porridge. I didn’t know he could cook, or could he?

 

Kyungsoo smiled warmly; he doesn’t need to write on my palm, as I knew immediately what is he trying to say. Breakfast is served, honey. Or, let’s make it Breakfast is served, Chanyeol as it would be impossible to make him call me honey; he is super shy I tell you. But since it’s my imagination; let’s imagine him calling me honey. Okay, did I just getting it off the track? Okay, I’m sorry. Sick person here!

Kyungsoo placed the bowl on the bedside table and coming closer to me, placing his soothing palms over my forehead. He learned it from Lay yesterday; it is to check my temperature. Glancing towards Baekhyun, I could see him pouting in jealousy it made me feels as if I’m winning a lottery, and the price I get is Kyungsoo’s loving attention. Hahahahaha take it Baekhyun! I should have known it’s not my place to be laughing right now, as Kyungsoo immediately gestured for both Baekhyun, and the just now entering the room Chen to leave already.

It happened all of the sudden that I felt dizzy; Baekhyun and Chen frowned as they went outside the Department, sadness apparent on their faces as they bid their farewell. Soon, it left only Kyungsoo and me inside the room. His innocent gaze stare right through my eyes I could feel my face burns from the look he gave me. He rushed to sit beside me, and placed both of his hands cupping my face, before leaning his forehead to mine.

 

His forehead feels soothing; it felt just as comfortable as it should be. My heartbeat increases as he stares back at me, holding to my hands, and… writing on my palm?

You are burning, Chanyeol. Seems like your temperature raise again. Ah, he meant I have a fever! No wonder I feel dizzy and my body feels warmer. This also explains Kyungsoo’s behavior just now.

I had order Chen and Baekhyun to go home, and let them spread the news that today none of them is permitted to visit you. You need to rest. I screamed happily inside my mind soon as Kyungsoo finished writing on my palm. This means I will spend the whole day with Kyungsoo! Asdflkdflahsjkaokay let’s get back to what happens right now.

 

I took Kyungsoo’s palm gently. Thank you, and I’m sorry Kyungsoo. I’ve been so troublesome. I wrote, as I really feel guilty towards him. It’s supposed to be my job, as his assistant, to take care of Kyungsoo and help him with all my might. But now it’s the other way around; Kyungsoo had to take care of me, and it’s because of my own stupidity. I stare right through his widened eyes and I couldn’t let my eyes off of him, as his smile mesmerized me making my heart filled with such warmth.

Kyungsoo took my hand as he writes on my palm, Silly. Why would you think you’re troublesome? Is it wrong to have taking care of my own *%&^ Wait, I couldn’t get the last part. I was too awestruck to be paying attention to his writings on my palm. The next moment, Kyungsoo giggled sheepishly as both his cheeks and ears shone in different shades of red. And my heart skipped a beat.

 

This Grim Reaper in front of me is very cute, and I wouldn’t want to let him go, nor having others getting their hands on him. I wouldn’t want to give him to anyone else, I don’t want others to see this cute side of him he rarely showcased to even me. Unknowingly my hands are there, reaching for the sides of Kyungsoo’s face, cupping his beautifully small little face as I return his lovely smile with my creepy grin and twitching eyes. He peels off my hands from his face, again writing on my palm with his finger.

Fortunately it only took one day for your face to unfreeze. Kyungsoo giggled, hiding his face from me he kept on circling his finger on my palm. I shook his shoulder, trying to get his attention as I wrote my reply on his palm.

Why? Kyungsoo giggled some more to my question, he faced me with his beautiful heart-shaped smile. I could feel heat arose to my face, as it started to redden to the point that it should somehow resemble a boiled crab right now.

I missed your grin. And that’s it. I couldn’t even remember what happened next as I out to the view of Kyungsoo crawling his way closer to me, closing our distance reaching for my lips. The last thing I could feel was his soft, plump lips crashed to mine, sending me to a sweet dream with his cheesiness before I out.

 


 

“Is Chanyeol still sleeping, D.O?” I could hear Kris’ voice hazily as I regained my consciousness. I saw faint light from the corridor outside my room as I opened my eyes slowly, still feeling warm and dizzy which my increasing body temperature might cause.

“Yes he is, Kris. He faint, actually. I’m afraid I will need Lay or Xiumin’s assistance to get a good medicine for him.” I could sense Kyungsoo’s worry throughout his voice, and couldn’t help but to take a look at my own appearance.

Hairs damp, sticking to my forehead they were drenched with sweats and… My clothes. They have been changed; all of them, completely to my boxer. Once again I could feel my blood running upwards through my veins, my cheeks feel heated I’m afraid I would faint for the second time today. Just imagine, Kyungsoo change my clothes? He should’ve seen every inch of me and my skin, for God’s sake!

 

“Heh, this is my first time seeing you worry over someone like this, D.O. You have changed since that time when Chanyeol went missing. Did I sense some romance here?” Kris’ mischievous, flirty voice brought some sense back to myself. This is not the right time for me to get excited over the fact that Kyungsoo actually changing my clothes, scratch that, Kyungsoo actually saw me bared skin. What the hell is Kris doing over here?

“Thanks, Kris. Without you I couldn’t possibly take a good care of Chanyeol. You really did a good job on the chores.” Though what had Kyungsoo said answers my previous question, I still couldn’t get over my jealousy heart. Moreover, Kyungsoo’s giggle in the end of his sentence doesn’t help in reducing the amount of my jealousy in my jealous-no-meter. If that even exists.

“Don’t change the topic, D.O. What happened between you two?” I dragged my feet towards the edge of the door, peeping through the small openings as my curiosity takes over my self. I saw the two of them sitting around the dining table with a glass of Whiskey on their hands.

 

Kyungsoo was smirking as he took a sip, face scrunching in the strong flavor of the Whiskey running down through his throat. Kris, on the other hand watches in smile as he took a bottle of Whiskey to refill his own glass. I couldn’t really wait as to what Kyungsoo’s respond would be. Will he reveal what happened between us? Or will he choose to keep it secret? I’m not sure which side I want, though.

“I fell for him, Kris. Finally I found the one. Park Chanyeol he is.” Kyungsoo’s bluntness makes me blush that I could feel my still recovering legs are wobbly in excitement. Afraid I would fall; I strengthen my grip on the edges of the door.

“Huh, so you’re calling for your ex just to show me this?” Wait. Ex? Do you mean ex, as in ex-lover? Ex-boyfriend?

“I couldn’t help it. I’m so happy despites his condition. Though he might still be recovering right now, I hope he would agree to be my lover once he’s fully recovered.” Oh , I think I will have to faint for the second time. God, please help my heart to bear through this conversation.

 

Kris scoffs mockingly, though I don’t really know what do those scoffs really mean. I tried to narrow my eyes just so I could see Kris’ hidden facial expression to no avail; but what comes next made me widened my eyes. Kris leans closer towards my beloved Kyungsoo, I could swear my heart pounding so hard it made me dizzy all over again. And I know, it’s not because of my fever; it’s because of what happened right in front of me.

The view made my heart hurts so much I couldn’t even close my fallen jaw; I don’t think I will be able to continue my diary anymore.