Today, I'll Start Our Love: 2

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

Sehun pursed his own lips and holds his tears in his angry eyes. He was staring at a space while receiving the severe punishment from his father. His father was hitting his legs with a thin stick and Sehun just cared less. It was awfully painful for an 8 year old kid but Sehun wasn’t crying. There’s a threatening tears in his eyes but he’s trying his best to not let them fall. He’s punished because he didn’t regret what he has done to Luhan.

 

“I didn’t raise you like that!” his father said sternly as he threw another sting at Sehun’s pale, now stained with red lines, legs. Sehun remained silent and remained his eyes on a certain space. His father glared at him, “You’re deliberately disobeying me, Sehun!” he shouted at the boy and hit his legs a little lot harder. Sehun let out a soft whimper because of the pain and mentally cursed himself for making such a sound. He doesn’t want his father to think that he’s a cry baby. He wants him to think that he doesn’t regret that he had hurt Luhan. He wants his father to think that Luhan deserves nothing.

 

Luhan peeps behind the door. He looked so worried. His eyes were glued to Sehun’s legs. It doesn’t good look at all. And before he knew, he was already crying. He couldn’t understand everything, just a bit. His father his hitting Sehun for hurting him earlier by attempting to push him off the stairs. And his heart cringes because of the sight. He thinks Sehun doesn’t deserve this. It’s his entire fault. Luhan knows what he is. He knows that his mother is not a legal wife. He knows he’s an illegitimate child. He knows he’s a big burden to Sehun’s family because he could feel that Sehun and his sisters don’t like him at all. The way they look at him and talk, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out the hatred that they feel. He starts to think, he shouldn’t have come along with his father. He shouldn’t have.

 

Luhan felt something on his eyes. All he could see was darkness. Soft hands were covering his sight. He stepped backwards and tried to regain some light. When he could finally see, Yoona was smiling at him. She shook her head softly.

 

“Don’t blame yourself.” She said softly. She even used sign languages that aren’t even legit just for Luhan to understand what she’s trying to say. She took a quick sympathetic glance at Sehun who was still receiving numerous hits from his father. She sighed and looked at Luhan again. “Sehun must learn his lesson. It’s not that I’m taking your side. I just don’t want any foul plays. What Sehun did to you was something across the line. If I wasn’t there, you’re probably in the hospital right now. I’m your sister. Sehun is also my brother. And I just want the best for the both of you.” She smiled and caressed Luhan’s cheek.

 

Luhan smiled back and rubbed his eyes vigorously. “Xie xie. I don’t deserve this at all. But still, thank you.” He spoke in Chinese. Yoona didn’t understand but she feels Luhan is grateful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And whether Sehun doesn’t like it or not, Luhan has to barge in his room to sleep there every night. His room was messed up. His father bought another bed for Luhan and Sehun hated the fact that his room, which was designed by his own mother, is now a room for an annoying bastard. It’s not that Sehun’s room is small. Even when Luhan moved in, it’s still spacious.

 

Luhan has his own bed and Sehun finds it weird that the latter still sleeps on the floor. Luhan stretches out his comforter to the floor and sleep there. So stupid, Sehun thought. Every day and every night, just a single sight of Luhan, he wants to strangle him. He wants him to disappear. He wants him to feel pain. He wants him to die.

 

As a matter of fact, Sehun and his father aren’t that close. There’s this thick invisible wall between them. Sehun thinks that maybe it’s because he’s still young, and when he gets older, his father would love him a little lot more, that he would love him just like how he loves his two older sisters. Everything changed when Luhan arrived. He can see in his very own eyes that he loves Luhan very much. He never saw the twinkle in his father’s eyes until Luhan appeared before their lives. And he couldn’t hate the poor Chinese boy more. Sehun thinks Luhan has already taken the life of his mother, and now, he thinks Luhan is taking his father away from him.

 

Luhan spent his first week learning Korean with the aid of a private tutor and her sister, Yoona. And after just how many weeks of learning it, he can already say phrases, sentences, and stuffs in Korean fluently. The accent is still there but his pronunciation is absolutely understandable. His relationship with her oldest half sister, Jessica, isn’t that great and isn’t that bad either. Jessica acts like there’s no one by the name of Luhan that lives with them. She’s sure to take a few glances which are filled with hatred, exasperation, and disgust at Luhan but she doesn’t really care about the boy. As long as she’s not rebuked, she wouldn’t do anything to him. His other sister, Yoona, really takes care of him. She teaches him Korean and she talks to him a lot. And for Sehun, well, Sehun is Sehun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan approached the young lad who was playing with his Spiderman miniature which has a pretty handkerchief strangled on his neck so it almost looks like superman. Sehun just glared at him before resuming on playing with his toy. Luhan sighed. “Sehun-ah, Yoona and I made homemade bubble tea.” Luhan said with his perfect Korean but broken accent and leaned his arms which were holding a cup of bubble tea towards Sehun. “And I made one for you.”

 

Sehun didn’t respond and continued to play with his toy.

 

“Sehun-ah,”

 

“….”

 

“I made chocolate one for you.”

 

“….”

 

“Sehun-ah,”

 

Sehun was pissed off. He doesn’t know if Luhan will still get stupider. Can’t he get it? He hates him. He doesn’t want him or his stupid bubble tea. He lifted his head met with Luhan’s hopeful eyes. And an idea popped inside his head. An evil smirk curved on his lips. He stood up and reached for the bubble tea. He smirked grew wider when he saw Luhan’s face lightened up.

 

“I hope you would like it, Sehun-ah.” Luhan said with high hopes on his voice. His eyes glimmer at the sight of Sehun, accepting the chocolate bubble tea he sincerely made for him. Sehun took it nonchalantly and stood up to his feet.

 

“I hate you.” Sehun muttered and smiled evilly at Luhan. And before Luhan could react, Sehun has already poured the contents of the cup to himself.

 

Luhan widened his eyes. “Sehun!” he exclaimed.

 

Sehun, whose body is sticky with bubble tea, just smirked at him. “I hate you so bad that I wish for you to be dead.” He returned the cup to Luhan’s hands.

 

Luhan was taken aback. But before could mutter some words, Sehun begin crying wildly, loudly, and disturbingly. And after a good count of seconds, his two sisters and the maid came rushing to their room.

 

Jessica gasped at the sight of Sehun. She immediately grabbed his brother’s towel and wiped the sticky liquid off his body.

 

“Luhan,” Sehun cried loudly. “Luhan poured the bubble tea to me!”

 

Luhan’s eyes got even wider. “N-no, I didn’t—“

 

“Are you saying that I’m a liar? Yes, you did!” the youngest of them shouted and pointed fingers at him. “I decided to accept it. I was trying to be nice to you! But you did what? You poured the drink to me!” tears endlessly flowed on Sehun’s cheeks.

 

Jessica glared at Luhan. “You did that?!” she hissed.

 

“Unni, I don’t think—“

 

“Yoona, stay out of this.” Jessica muttered sternly. “Luhan, did you really do it?!”

 

Luhan bowed his head and shut his eyes on the floor. Tears began to form in his eyes and he’s already scared.

 

“Yah, don’t be rude when someone older than you is speaking to you. I am asking you if you really did that to my brother.”

 

Luhan’s heart screeches. Brother. Of course, Jessica’s only brother is Sehun. And what about him? Of course, he is not a brother to his Jessica noona. He’s just a worthless bastard to her.

 

“Yes, I did it.” Luhan answered in a low voice. “I did it to Sehun. He doesn’t like me so I did it.”

 

“See? I’m not lying! That Chinese bastard is just so rude!”

 

Jessica looked at Luhan once again. She grabbed Sehun’s arm and dragged him to the bathroom. Luhan burst into tears when Jessica and Sehun disappeared on the bathroom. Yoona sighed and patted Luhan’s head.

 

“You didn’t have to lie.” Yoona said softly as she tried to wipe Luhan’s tears.

 

“I understand. I deserve the hatred I get from him. It’s okay, Yoona. I understand him.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica brushed Sehun’s hair. He’s now clean. Jessica took care of him and his bubble tea problem.

 

“Sehun-ah,”

 

“Mmm? Yes, Jessica noona?”

 

“I didn’t like what you did earlier.”

 

Sehun shifted his gaze to her sister. His eyebrows met, “What do you mean?”

 

“Luhan did nothing, right?” she asked calmly.

 

“W-what are you talking about? He did it! He poured me the bubble tea drink!”

 

“Oh Sehun!” Jessica snapped. “Just because that you’re my brother doesn’t mean I’ll take your side. I don’t like him. I also hate him. But I don’t like any foul plays here. He didn’t do anything, yet, you accused him for something that he clearly didn’t do.”

 

Sehun bowed his head and pursed his lips, damn that bastard, Luhan.

 

“I will let you off this time. But don’t expect me to tolerate you if this happens again.” Jessica finished brushing Sehun’s hair and headed back to her room.

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hello there! Don't forget to leave comments! Thank you for reading <3
Advance Happy New Year!