Today, I'll Start Our Love: 3

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

“Appa, thank you for this dress.” Yoona hugged her father and gave sweet peck on the cheeks.

 

“Jessica, this is for you.” Their father handed her a paper bag. Jessica received it nonchalantly and peeped inside the paper bag. An obvious smile was seen on her face when she found out what was inside. Those were shoes she was asking for her birthday. But it seems like her father gave him an early birthday present.

 

“Thanks,” she softly muttered and went directly to her room.

 

“This is for our Luhan and Sehun.” Their father sang and handed Luhan a checkered shirt with different colors. Luhan thanked his father and happily gave Sehun his new shirt. Sehun forcefully grabbed the shirt from Luhan’s hands before running to his room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“S-Sehun-ah!” Luhan exclaimed the moment he opened the door to their room. Sehun was lying on the floor, with sharp scissors on his fingers, ripping out the clothes their father just gave him.

 

Sehun didn’t mind Luhan and continued destroying the fabric. When Sehun was done, he threw the scissors on the floor and dumped the ripped fabric on the nearest trash bin. It took a minute for Luhan to realize that Sehun’s finger was oozing with blood. He immediately ran towards his brother and grabbed his slender wrist.

 

“You’re hurt.” Luhan said worriedly.

 

Sehun immediately pulled his hand away. “Don’t say that as if you care.” Sehun walked inside the bathroom to clean his cut finger.

 

Sehun let the water wash the blood away. He shifted his eyes on the reflection at the mirror.  Sehun’s heart ached at the sight. “Appa, why are you so cruel?” Tears were streaming down his face again. “Why do you have to have a mistress? Why? My mother is not enough? Why do you have to have another son? Am I not enough? I’m not, am I? You never really cared for me. For everyone’s sake, you never bought a single shirt for me until that little bastard arrived. For everyone’s sake I was your son first before Luhan came into the picture.” Sehun remembered something, causing him to chuckle in an amused way. “Oh I remember, Luhan is older by 4 years. My bad, he was your son first before I came.”

 

Sehun has reached to his boiling point. The indescribable pain and anger were wrapping his vulnerable heart. It hurts so much. It’s ing excruciating. Sehun may have lost his mind because he grabbed the shampoo bottle and threw it as hard as he could to the mirror. The mirror cracked and that disappointed Sehun. He began hitting the mirror with his bare hands while screaming off the pain on his heart. He doesn’t feel any pain in any of the cut in his hands. The pain of the heart is worse than the pain of the body. He continued screaming while abusing his own hands.

 

“Sehun-ah? Sehun-ah!” Luhan frantically knocked through the door. “Sehun-ah, open the door!” he shouted but all he could hear was the screaming of his younger brother. “Sehun-ah, open the door! Why are you screaming? Why are you crying? Does your wound hurt? Let me help you, Sehun-ah.”

 

“Shut up! Shut up, you bastard!” Sehun shouted from behind the door.

 

Luhan was taken aback. But he shook his head and decided to knock again, this time, calmly. “Sehun-ah, let me treat your wound. Let me help you.” Luhan tried to sooth Sehun. “I’m your older brother, right? An older brother should help his younger brother, right Sehun-ah?”

 

“Shut up! You’re not my brother! I’d rather die than have you as my brother! This is your fault! You killed my mother! And now, you’re taking my father away! If you’ve never lived in the first place, I would have a happy family. I wouldn’t have to be like this. I wouldn’t have to be as miserable as I am now. I would have been so happy with… with…” Sehun’s voice softens. “With my father, with Jessica noona and Yoona noona,” he continued to sob. “And with my mother.”

 

“Sehun-ah,”

 

“But no! You’re so cruel! You’re so cruel.” He cried.

 

Sehun doesn’t know how ripped Luhan’s heart is right now. He doesn’t know that every tear that falls from his eyes are just equal to his pain.

 

“I’m sorry, Sehun-ah. I’m sorry.” Luhan knelt and glued his forehead onto the wooden door. He stayed in that position while torturing himself to death as he hears Sehun’s cries behind the door.

 

“I hate you.” Sehun muttered with full of conviction.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan opened his eyes slowly. He rubbed his eyes vigorously as he rose himself from the floor. He realized he just dozed off and eventually slept on the floor. And then it hit him, Sehun! He looked at his bed and it was bare with untouched bed sheets and soft pillows. He glanced at his wrist watch and the time told him that it’s 3 minutes to midnight. He glanced at the bathroom door.

 

“Sehun?” he called softly. No answer. He softly knocked. But still, no answer. He tried the door knob, and he was grateful that it was open. It was open all this time. He slowly opened the door. His tears immediately fell and his heart sank into the deepest depth of sees when he saw Sehun lying on the bathroom floor. He was hugging himself but still, sleeping peacefully; dry blood was visible on his pale hands. His eyes shifted to the mirror. It was broken with Sehun’s blood on it.

 

He slowly walked towards the younger and knelt before him. “I’m sorry, Sehun. I’m sorry to cause you all of this pain. It wasn’t my intention to hurt you and hurts me so much to see my younger brother like this.”

 

Luhan wants to leave… but he’s scared. He’s scared. He doesn’t have anywhere to go. He doesn’t have any relatives left. He only has his father. He only has his Jessica noona and his sister Yoona. He has only Sehun. Where will he go? His existence doesn’t even matter to his own younger brother, how much more if it was other people? He realized he didn’t matter to a certain someone, and now he wonders, does he even matter to anyone else? Aside from his father who showed nothing but love towards him.

 

He cleaned Sehun’s wounds in his fingers and carried him on his back to transfer him to his bed. He changed Sehun’s clothes because it was wet. He put a bandage on Sehun’s both hands. When he was finally finished taking care of the mess, and when he was assured that Sehun is sleeping comfortable on his bed, he called it a long night. He stretched out his comforter on the floor and covered his whole body with blanket. And there’s Luhan, crying himself to sleep again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan was awoken by some weird noises and little scratches. He unwillingly opened his eyes and rose himself from the floor. He glanced at his wrist watch. It was 3 in the morning. He glanced at Sehun’s bed. His eyes widened. Sehun was still there but he was awake. Sehun was on his bed, with crossed legs. He was wearing a thick jacket and a cap on his head. And he was stuffing his mini backpack with some clothes.

 

“Sehun-ah, what are you doing?” Luhan asked worried as he stood up. Sehun didn’t answer him and continued on with what he was doing. “What are you doing? Are you going somewhere? Ya, Sehun-ah.”

 

“I’m going to disappear. I’d rather live on the streets than to live with you. I’d rather be forever alone than to have you as my brother.” Sehun answered honestly. He closed the zipper of his mini backpack and hopped off from his bed.

 

Luhan grabbed his arm which caused the younger to stop, “You don’t have anywhere to go. Sehun, you don’t have to leave.”

 

Sehun pulled his arm away. “Why?” Sehun smirked. “Would you leave?” he stepped forward to Luhan and Luhan stepped backwards. “Would you make my life easier by completely vanishing from my life? From my family’s life?”

 

“S-Sehun-ah,”

 

Sehun chuckled. “You wouldn’t do that, would you?”

 

“I-I have… I don’t… I don’t have any place to go. You’re my only family. I don’t have any family but you.” He faced the floor.

 

Sehun chuckled louder, “Oh c’mon, let us not try to lie to ourselves, Luhan. You’re not a family to me. You’re not a brother to me. You’re this creepy little bastard who crept the hell out of my life and the sore in my eye.”

 

“….”

 

“And oh yes, you have a place to stay. As a matter of fact, you already have a place to stay.”

 

Luhan lifted up his head, “Huh? W-where?”

 

“Here.” Sehun simply answered and the smirk in his face grew wider.

 

“….”

 

“You don’t have to leave.” He said monotonously. “You don’t want, either, right? Then be it. I’d rather leave than stay with you here.” Sehun turned his back on Luhan and…

 

“Don’t go, please…” Luhan grabbed his arm.

 

“Don’t touch me with you filthy hands!” Sehun angrily snapped and pushed Luhan to the floor. Luhan immediately stood up and hugged Sehun from behind. He tightened the grip of his body as Sehun struggled to escape from him. Luhan let his knees fall on the floorbut he didn’t let go of Sehun’s waist. He was kneeling before his younger brother but Sehun cared less.

 

“Please, don’t go. Please, Sehun-ah. I don’t want you to go. Just stay here, please.” He begged. He pleaded. And Sehun was still struggling, wanting to puke because of Luhan’s words. He was finally able to escape from Luhan’s grip. He immediately ran for the door, ran out of it, ran out of the house, and ran out from Luhan. Luhan couldn’t move. He was crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ajumma, how much is your bread?”  Sehun asked as he pointed out to certain bread. He really left home. He took the earliest bus and hopped off at the third bus stop and roamed around the streets in this breaking dawn. And he wasn’t really aware where he is. He wasn’t really afraid. He has brought some money with him (money which he got from his father’s wallet in an illegal way). Since it’s almost 5 o’clock, some of the people are already awake. Of course, they wake up early because of living. There are even some drunkards on the alley, still not finished drinking.

 

“$25, little kid.” The ajumma smiled.

 

“I’ll take one.” Sehun answered back and got a $100 bill from his backpack. He gave it to the ajumma. The ajumma gave him what he wanted and the change.

 

One of the drunkards from the alley saw how much money he got. He smirked and started walking towards Sehun.

 

Sehun was startled when someone tapped his back, but he still looked composed and looked at the older and taller man with an emotionless face.

 

“I see you got something in there.” The man chuckled and tried getting Sehun’s backpack. Sehun immediately shoved himself away from the man. He instantly smelled danger.

 

“I’m sorry but my mom said to not talk to strangers.” He politely bowed his head and started walking away. But the man grabbed his collar from the back and pulled him

 

“Hey, don’t go. Give me some of your money and you can go now.”

 

“Let go of me.” He snarled and glared at him.

 

“Ooh, I’m scared.” The man mocked him. “Now give me some money before I beat you up to the pulp.” He gripped Sehun’s arm tighter.

 

“Aww! Let go of me!” he said as he struggled to pull his hand.

 

“Let go of him!” someone shouted. And before Sehun knew, his hand was already free and the man that bugged him earlier was already on the ground. “Ka-ja, Sehun-ah,” A petite brunette boy with doe eyes pulled Sehun’s arm and started dragging him.

 

Sehun immediately pulled away the moment he realized who the boy was, “L-Luhan?!”

 

“Yah, where are you going, little kids?!” the man stood up and held up Sehun and Luhan’s collar from the back. “And you, who are you to meddle with our business?!” he asked angrily at the good Samaritan who helped his prey.

 

“I’m his hyung, why?!” Luhan shouted back. He managed to escape from the man’s grip. His eyes found something hard and immediately lifted up from the ground. He immediately hit the man on his sensitive part causing him to whimper in so much.

 

“Sehun-ah, ka-ja!” he said and held Sehun’s hands.

 

Sehun pulled away.

 

“Sehun-ah!” Luhan couldn’t help but to raise his voice. He’s so worried… and scared. But he has to stay calm and composed so that his brother won’t be scared as well.

 

“Come here you little brats!” the man threatened but couldn’t stand up because of the pain. Sehun looked horrified when he saw the man struggled to stand up.

 

He looked at Luhan. Unwillingly, he stretched out his hand, “L-Luhan!” he hesitated.

 

Luhan blinked. It was his first time to hear his name from Sehun’s lips without any hatred. He slightly nodded and grabbed Sehun’s hands. Together, they ran off the streets, hands clasped with one another, running out of breath, and free.

 

 

 

____________________________________________

 

A/N: Woah, I was a bit surprised with the number of subscribers... TT^TT THANK YOU SO MUCH <3
Really, I couldn't pm all of you saying how grateful I am that you subscribed to this story even though it only has 2 chapters... but really, thank you so much!
So tell me how was this chapter? I wanna know what you all think of it :) I love you all <3