Today, I'll Start Our Love: 4

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Sehun’s eyes were fixed outside. They were riding a bus on their way home. He realized he has gone too far from home because he doesn’t know where they are. He’s only been in two places, house and school. He never knew that people outside were so mean and dangerous. If Luhan didn’t arrive, he doesn’t know where he will be this time. Speaking of Luhan, Sehun shifted his eyes on the boy beside him. He felt a slight squeeze on his hand. He realized that their hands were still glued like a koala holding on to a tree. And he realized he was… no, Luhan was too close to him. Luhan rests his head on Sehun’s shoulder while sleeping.

 

Sehun wanted to pull his hand from Luhan’s grip. He wanted to push the other boy or sit to a different seat. But no, he didn’t. He hates to admit it but… he was grateful that his hyung was there to save him.

 

Sehun shook his head vigorously.

 

“You’re not my brother. You’re not my brother.” He muttered to himself before throwing a glare at the boy on his shoulder. And just a glance of Luhan, sleeping, is enough for Sehun’s heart to soften. His glare disappeared and he didn’t know he was already looking at him with soft eyes.

 

“I’m his hyung, why?!”

 

Luhan’s words rang in his mind. His eyes traced Luhan’s face, Luhan’s perfection. He softly giggled when he saw a liquid, dripping from Luhan’s lips down to his shoulder causing it to form a black color on his jacket. It hit him. Did he just get amused with Luhan? He blinked on the realization and before he knew it, he has already pushed Luhan off the seat causing the older to fell on the bus floor and hit his head on a certain metal. People stared at the fallen boy.

 

“Go seat on a different seat. I’m not comfortable sitting with you.” Sehun said while his eyes were fixed outside the glass window.

 

Luhan sighed. He stood up and tried to look for another seat. As much to his dismay, he looked at Sehun again.

 

“S-Sehun-ah,” he called.

 

“What?” the younger responded without looking at Luhan.

 

“Uhm,” Luhan hesitated.

 

“….”

 

“The bus is full.”

 

And that earned Luhan a glare from his obnoxious younger brother.

 

“So?” Sehun raised his eyebrow.

 

Luhan blinked and pursed his lips. His thoughts were wrong. Sehun still hates him. Saving him earlier didn’t change that fact one bit. He sighed and shut his eyes on the bus floor. “So, I’ll just stand.” He whispered as an answer.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes at him and shifted them back outside the window. The bus ride was silent. Well, he earned some glares and whispers from the other passengers with what he did to the other boy. Minutes passed and the bus was starting to be stuffed. A man eyed the empty seat beside Sehun. He walked towards it.

 

“Excuse me,” the man called Sehun. Sehun looked back at him emotionlessly. “Does someone sit here?”

Sehun took a glance at Luhan and he was surprised that Luhan was staring at him, too. Sehun smirked at Luhan then he shifted his eyes on the man. He stared at the man for a good 5 seconds before speaking. Right now, he’s still hasn’t moved on with happened earlier and sitting with an anonymous man is close to a bad idea. He considered Luhan this time.

 

“Yes. It’s for Luhan.” He softly said without looking at Luhan. And with that, he wasn’t able to see the spark and twinkle in Luhan’s eyes. Luhan immediately sat beside Sehun.

 

“Gomawo.” Luhan whispered and smiled at the expressionless Sehun.

 

“Don’t lean too much. I hate it.” Sehun muttered.

 

Luhan smiled back and shifted himself a centimeter or two from Sehun. “Mmm.” He answered. The sweet smile was plastered on his face for the whole bus ride.

 

The kids hopped off from the bus at the right bus station. Luhan wanted to walk together but Sehun didn’t want. So, Luhan led the why while Sehun followed closely behind Luhan. It was minutes when they finally arrived in their house. Sehun was wearing an emotionless face while the smile on Luhan’s face hasn’t changed a bit. If it did change, it became more sparkly and the glint in his eyes was clearly visible. Sehun opened the door to their house and—

 

Sehun touched his painful cheek and looked at his father. In an instant, tears were already flowing down to his reddened cheek.

 

“A-appa,” Sehun stuttered. Luhan’s eyes widened. Their father just laid his hand on Sehun’s face.

 

“Oh Sehun, you cruel child!” Sehun’s father shouted at him and grabbed Sehun’s fragile arm. “You ran away from home and even dragged Luhan into your mess. What were you thinking?! You deliberately disobeyed me!”

 

“Appa! It hurts. Let go of me. I’m hurting, Appa!” Sehun cried and struggled to escape from his father’s painful grip. Luhan immediately helped Sehun because the sight of Sehun, hurting hurts him as well.

 

“Appa, please stop. Sehun is hurting. Please stop, Appa.” Luhan was shaking his father’s arms and he was already crying.

 

“Stay out of this, Luhan.” His father angrily snapped and pushed Luhan. When Luhan landed on the floor, Sehun was dragged by his father to his room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What is your problem? Don’t you know that it’s dangerous for you to roam outside at dawn?”

 

Pang. His wounded legs were wounded again. He remained silent as he was silently crying.

 

“Can’t you accept Luhan? Is it really hard for you to accept him as your older brother? Huh, Sehun-ah?!”

 

He felt another painful sting on his legs.

 

“What happened to you? You weren’t like this before. Your mother will be disappointed to see what you are right now.”

 

Sehun’s father earned a glare from his son upon hearing his mother’s name from his father’s mouth.

 

“What’s with that look, huh?” his father asked sternly when he noticed Sehun’s glares. “You’re really disrespectful Oh Sehun! Your mother didn’t raise you—“

 

“Don’t say my mother’s name like nothing happened, like you didn’t hurt her!” Sehun suddenly burst in crying. “She died because of you! She died because of your mistress! She died because of Luhan! She died because all of you were so cruel! She died because you’ve given her so much pain in her heart. And it’s really hard for me to understand why you did that to my mother. You are all cruel!”

 

Sehun ran outside his father’s room to his own room. He couldn’t even feel the pain on his legs. His heart feels too much pain that he’s feeling numb to the current physical pain he’s supposed to feel. Luhan immediately ran after Sehun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan called softly. Sehun immediately covered his head with the blanket.

 

“Go away. I’m not in the mood to deal with you.” Sehun muttered.

 

Luhan heaved a sigh. He slowly walked towards Sehun’s bed and sat at the foot of it. He softly rolled Sehun’s pants upward and he almost let out a soft whimper upon seeing the bruises on Sehun’s pale legs.

 

Luhan sniffed, “I’ll help you with your wounds.” Luhan said softly and began cleaning the red stains on Sehun’s legs with a clean cloth that was already soaked in water. Luhan was grateful since Sehun didn’t protest one bit. Luhan was crying while doing that. Sehun was crying under his blanket. These past few weeks, why do they always feel pain?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was watching TV in his room. He had never gone out ever since the incident between his father and him. Luhan would always talk to him and comfort him but Sehun would just spare him a look. His Jessica noona always bring food to his room. She even feeds him because Sehun refuses to eat something. She even got angry at their father for hurting Sehun. Their father never laid a finger on Sehun even once not until Luhan appeared. But she can’t completely blame Luhan since the kid didn’t do anything wrong. Sehun is just so stubborn and unafraid kid who likes to push his father to his limits. She just makes sure to look out for her little brother because he might run away from home again. He did it once, so he can do it again.

 

“Omma! Where are you?” the kid on the TV screen cries as he was lost in the sea of crowd.

 

Sehun could care less. He was watching something and this kid on the TV screen caught his attention.

 

“Omma! Omma! Omma! Where are you?” the kid continued to cry as he was lost in a big wave of crowd.

 

Sehun smirked to himself. “Poor kid,” he muttered.

 

Out of the blue, an invisible bulb light appeared above his head. He took a glance at the TV screen again and smirked at the crying kid who’s lost his mom. He immediately turned off the TV. He went to his closet and picked a random jacket. He got another spare one. He trailed off his room and smiled at the sight of Luhan on the living room, looking at the aquarium with such amazement in his eyes. He descends down the stairs, still smiling at the older boy.

 

“Hyung!” he exclaimed. Luhan heard him but he didn’t turned around, yet.

 

Hyung?

 

“Luhan hyung!” Sehun called again.

 

Luhan immediately turned around and found Sehun at the foot of the stairs. “Sehun?” he called back. Was he hearing the right thing? Did Sehun just call him ‘Hyung’? And was he seeing the right thing? Because Sehun was smiling at him.

 

“Luhan hyung,” Sehun repeated as he walked towards the older brunette boy. He stretched his arms and handed him the spare jacket he got from his closet. “Here,”

 

Luhan hesitated but still, he accepted it. “Are you going somewhere?” he asked.

 

Sehun smiled once again and it never failed to bring shivers and goose bumps to Luhan. “We are going out. I’m bored Luhan hyung. I want some bubble tea from the bubble tea shop.”

 

“B-but… Wait, Appa might get angry—“

 

“We’ll just tell him later that we got some bubble tea outside. He’d be happy to know that I call you ‘hyung’ now. C’mon, Luhan hyung.” Sehun said and clasped his hand on Luhan’s and dragged the older boy outside.

 

Luhan is happy. No. Being happy is an understatement. He feels like he’s in cloud nine. Sehun has already accepted him. He already has. He could never be more than happy.

 

Luhan looked at Sehun in bewilderment when it’s already the 5th bus stop and they’re still not hopping off the bus. Luhan softly poked Sehun’s shoulder.

 

“Sehun, where are we going? We can grab a bubble tea somewhere.”

 

“Bubble tea in Myeondeong is the best. Don’t worry, we’ll be home before Appa comes back.” Sehun smiled. Luhan just smiled back, trusting Sehun.

 

Sehun decided to hop off on the 7th bus stop. Sehun and Luhan walked together, hand in hand, as they headed to the bubble tea shop. When they got there, Sehun happily ordered a Chocolate flavored bubble tea while Luhan picked a Taro flavored one. After they got their order, they decided to sit at the farthest table.

 

“Sehun, gomawo.” Luhan started and smiled at Sehun. Sehun felt a slight cringe in his heart when Luhan smiled at him. But he immediately erased the bad train of thoughts and just smiled Luhan. He has to do it.

 

“Sure. We can come here more often. I love bubble tea, by the way.” He answered and took another sip.

 

Luhan shook his head, “No, I’m not thanking you for the bubble tea. I’m thanking you for…” he hesitated at first. “For accepting me.”

 

“O-oh,” Sehun blinked at Luhan was smiling widely at him. His heart ached and he felt a sudden rush of uneasiness. I must do it. He thought to himself as he tried to escape from the uneasiness that tries to eat him up.

 

Sehun and Luhan finished their drink. Luhan insisted to go home but Sehun didn’t want. He dragged Luhan to the nearest pet shop who sells random fishes. He smiled as he saw the twinkle in Luhan’s eyes when he saw the big fish trapped inside the glass. Luhan touched the glass and opened his mouth in amazement.

 

“Wow,” Luhan innocently exclaimed. “Sehun, come here, take a look at this fish closely.” Luhan turned around. Sehun just forced a smile and shook his head.

 

“I’m fine.” He answered. Luhan turned his gaze on the fish.

 

“Hyung!” Sehun called and cracked his voice.

 

Luhan turned his head to Sehun. Sehun clenched his fists. Then, he shook his head again and smiled. “N-nothing, just enjoy looking at the big fish.” He answered. Luhan did as told. He gazes up to the fish with so much sparkle in his eyes.

 

Sehun started stepping back. Step by step, he takes. His eyes were glued to the back of Luhan. “This is goodbye, Luhan.” He whispered to himself before running away from the brunette boy. He ran with no particular direction on his mind. He ran away, leaving Luhan under the cruel hands of the world.

 

 

“Sehun, I think we should…” Luhan stopped at his trance. Sehun is nowhere to be seen behind him. “Sehun?” he looked out at the streets. “Sehun-ah!” he called but no figure or even shadow of Sehun appeared before him. His eyes frantically looked like every street, every alley, everywhere. “S-Sehun-ah, where are you?” he felt his eyes are being drown in tears already. He spotted someone running through his peripheral vision, and before he knew it, he was already running to a certain place he doesn’t know where. He must find Sehun.

 

Sehun ran as fast as he could and the moment he found an empty taxi cab, he immediately opened to the passenger’s seat. “Ajjushi, take me home. This is my address.” He said while panting and handed the taxi driver a little piece of note.

 

The driver frowned, “You’re like 8 years old, where are your parents?”

 

“I…” Sehun stumbled for words. “I got lost. Take me home, please. Now, please.” He begged and before he realized it, he was already crying.

 

Luhan was panting. He was looking for the figure was running a while ago. He… He finally found it! He started running towards a certain cab. “Sehun! Sehun-ah!” he shouted but the one he is calling didn’t even gave him a glance.

 

Sehun felt something on his right side. His eyes widened when he saw Luhan, crying, and running towards his direction. He hopes that Luhan won’t find a way back home. He hopes that Luhan would starve. He hopes that Luhan would never find them again. He hopes that Luhan would forever disappear and wouldn’t be able to enter their lives ever again.

 

Luhan caught Sehun’s eyes behind the glass window of the cab. “Sehun-ah!” he called again. And he saw how Sehun panicked inside the cab.

 

“Ajjusshi! Start the car. I already gave you the address so start the car already!” he shouted at the driver. The driver looked at him with an annoyed look from the rear view mirror.

 

“Fine. I’m just waiting for the green light.” He answered exasperatedly before stepping onto the accelerator.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened when the cab started running away. “Sehun-ah! Sehun-ah!” he shouted and ran after the cab. He ran after Sehun.

 

Every heave step of Luhan, every tear from his doe eyes, every second he shouts Sehun’s name, he feels a kind of unbearable pain at the moment. He was running for something, for someone rather, who was running away from him.

 

“Sehun-ah! Sehun-ah!” Luhan continued to cry. His heart cringes at the sight. He screeches inside. The pain was excruciating. His tears won’t stop from falling as he continued to shout for Sehun’s name.

 

Sehun could see how Luhan was struggling behind the car. He was silently amazed at how Luhan managed to ran up to this distance. He glared at Luhan’s crying figure, running after them.

 

“Oh,” the driver softly exclaimed. “I think someone’s calling for you.” The driver said as he noticed the brunette boy from the mirror as well. When Sehun felt that the car was slowing down, he began shouting hysterically.

 

“Don’t stop the car, Ajjusshi! Don’t stop the car! Continue driving, please!”

 

Sehun, why? Why are you doing this? Do you really hate me this much? Do you really want me out of your life? I know I wasn’t worthy to be a part of your family. But when you called me ‘Hyung’ for the first time, I thought you’ve already realized my worth. But no, I guess not. You don’t really see my worth.

 

“Sehun-ah, please. Sehun-ah!” Luhan shouted his heart out. He felt that his world was suddenly split into two. In another two, another two. It was debris that broke into millions of broken pieces. The car was out of his sight. Sehun was out of his sight. He started running in no particular place. He turns to every alley. He runs to every street. His eyes are longing to find a certain someone, Sehun. Tears streaming down his face, heart thumping to its fastest rate. He’s never been so angry and scared at the same time before.

 

He realized he was in the middle of the crowd. He stopped from running and started realizing where he is right now.

 

“Sehun, where are you?” he cried.

 

It snapped him. His vision doubled. His breathing became unusually rapid He felt his knees being weak. The sight of the crowd suffocates him. He couldn’t breathe anymore. Before he knew it, he has already fallen on his knees. He felt his body on the ground. He noticed that the people stopped and looked at him but he couldn’t really tell since his vision was unstable, everything is doubled. His head swirls and there’s a rapid pain on his chest. He still couldn’t breathe. He finally closed his eyes and tried to calm himself.

 

“Sehun-ah,”

 

That was the last thing he remembered mumbling before he finally lost his consciousness.

 

Sehun, please come back. Please. Hyung is scared. Hyung needs you. Come back Sehun-ah. Save me. Please, I’m begging you. 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Subcribe! Comment! <3333