Today, I'll Start Our Love: 11

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 
 
 
 
 
Author’s POV
 
 
 
 
“Sehun-ah, you’re not coming?”
 
 
“Are you coming?” Sehun threw the question back.
 
 
“I… I am. Actually, I—“
 
 
“Good. Then, I’m not coming.” Sehun gave Luhan an obvious fake smile.
 
 
“S-Sehun-ah,”
 
 
“Sehunie, Kris hyung will all buy us bubble tea.” Jongin came out from nowhere and wrapped his best friend. 
 
 
“I’m not interested. I’m going home—“ Sehun tried to free himself from Jongin but the latter didn’t let him.
 
 
“Oh, c’mon! We’ll be celebrating because we’ll be opening next week.”
 
 
“I told you, hyung. I am not—“
 
 
“Luhan hyung, Jongin-ah, Sehun-ah, let’s go. Kris is waiting for us in the car.” Kyungsoo called.
 
 
Jongin smiled at Kyungsoo, “We’re coming!” He pulled Luhan’s arm and wrapped his arm around it. He did the same thing with Sehun. He looked like a kid between the two, actually. He pulled the two with him and headed downstairs.
“Hyung, you’re annoying. I told you I’m not—“
 
 
“La la la la la~” Jongin hummed and played deaf.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

They arrived there after a 10 minute drive. Before they went inside the shop, Luhan wanted them to hear him sing first. He pointed the fountain that serves his mini stage. It's just 5pm so people are still passing by. It's just a perfect timing for Luhan's little show. 

 

“You sing for people?” Kyungsoo’s wide eyes got even wider.

 

Luhan nodded childishly, “I sing for people and people give me money.”

 

“Wow,” Jongin started clapping his hands. “That means you’re really daebak!”

 

“T-thank you,” Luhan responded shyly. “I think I will be singing acapella this time since Jongdae isn’t here.”

 

“Who’s Jongdae?” Kris asked.

 

“His singing partner, the pianist.” Junmyun answered

 

Just like what he always does, he got his black handkerchief and wrapped it around his eyes. Jongdae is not here to accompany him but he will be fine. His new friends are watching him. He knows he won’t be left behind.

 

“Junmyun, can you explain this to us?” Kris asked him sternly.

 

“What?”

 

“Is he blind? Why’s he wearing a blindfold?”

 

“Yeah, hyung. Is there something wrong with his eyes?” Baekhyun butted in.

 

Luhan took a deep breath. And before they knew it, an angel with an angelic voice was already singing in front of them. The passer bys were stunned. Luhan's new friends were stunned as well. And it seems like the only human being that wasn't captivated that moment was Sehun. The latter was more captivated by his phone. He just stood there, didn't care about what's happening, and took interest of his phone.

 

 

Can you believe it?

That in my dreams you are a princess that's fallen inside magic? 

 

 

“Luhan can’t sing with his eyes open. He can’t sing in front of a crowd.”

 

Even though my gestures towards you are always so hard for me.

 

 

“I asked his grandfather secretly about this. He answered me truthfully. He said Luhan was left behind.”

 

 

However, it's always just a hard promise,

that i'm going to save you again, no mater what. 

I put my two hands together and prayed, 

for endless courage and wisdom.

 

 

 

 

“He was left behind by his brother. But Luhan isn’t aware of this. He has forgotten everything. He just remembers that he was being left behind. But he doesn’t remember who it was, or how was he related to him.”

 

 

Sehun  shifted his attention to Junmyun’s words.

 

You know nothing Junmyun hyung. You don’t know how my father raised his hand of me because of him. You don’t know how my mom died because of him. You don’t know how my father disowned me and sent me to Japan because of him. You don’t know that Luhan is a sin. You don’t know that Luhan is a murderer. You don’t know a thing. He’s lucky enough to forget the small details. It’s unfair for me because I remember everything. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan finished his song and earned a round of applause not only from the passer bys but also from his friends. He took off his blindfold and smiled at the audience. He doesn’t feel anything. He just feels so happy. There’s no sign of panic attacks. He’s thankful that he’s okay.

 

He chuckled at Jongin who was clapping the loudest. He bowed a couple of 90 degrees bows before running to where his friends are.

 

Kris immediately ruffled his hair, “I won’t fire you, really.” He muttered in a serious tone before clearing his throat.

 

Junmyun chuckled beside him.

 

Kris has his way of showing how he cares for someone. He realized it wasn’t easy for Luhan. It will never be easy for anyone else.

 

“Let’s go get some bubble tea! Yay!” Chanyeol cheered and wrapped his arms around Luhan. Everyone agreed and walked towards the bubble tea shop.

 

 

Jongin stretched his tanned arm right across on Luhan’s face. Luhan blinked at the arm before he shifted his gaze to Jongin, who was smiling at him like a kid.

 

“Autograph jusaeyo~” Jongin said in a cute manner. “I want your signature on my arm.” He added.

 

Luhan couldn’t help but to chuckle. He grabbed the younger’s arm and started writing his name on it. A satisfactory smile was drawn on Luhan’s face the moment he finished Jongin’s little childish request.

 

“’Till the day that you’ll be able to sing without blindfolds, I’ll be your fan, my Han.” Jongin winked and ran towards the others. He between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun and walked with them.

 

Luhan just chuckled. He continued walking when he noticed Sehun was playing with his phone. 

 

Autograph.

 

I was good earlier, wasn't I? Luhan asked himself before approaching Sehun.

 

 

“What?” Sehun raised an eyebrow.

 

Luhan bit his lips and remained silent. He avoided Sehun’s gaze and tried to calm himself.

 

“What do you want?” Sehun asked again, already irritated.

 

“Uhm…” Luhan bit his lower lip again.

 

Sehun just rolled his eyes on him and softly shook his head. He was about to walk away when he felt some slender fingers around his wrist. He immediately pulled away.

 

“What do you want?” he asked again as he rubbed his wrist on his t-shirt.

 

“Canyougetmyautograph?” Luhan rumbled through the words and he immediately bit his lips after saying those.

 

Sehun’s brows met. He doesn’t know if he heard it right, or he heard it wrong. “What?”

 

“Please get my autograph.” Luhan repeated, slower and clearer this time.

 

Sehun scoffed. “Are you real?”

 

“Is it hard for you to ask my autograph?”

 

Sehun scoffed again. “You’re seriously real?”

 

“Sehun-ah,”

 

“I clearly remember how I treated you last time so don’t address me with my name like we’re close because I’m sure  I told you I don’t want you to be my friend."

 

“I didn’t ask you to be my friend. I asked you to get my autograph.”

 

“And why would I do that?”

 

“Because I’m a singer.”

 

Sehun laughed half-heartedly. "You're not good enough to me." Sehun scoffed a smirk before fastening his pace.

 

 

__________________________________________

It's been a month. Thank you for sticking with me.

Please leave some comments.