Today, I'll Start Our Love: 10

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

                         

 

 

“Why won’t you accept it, Luhan? At least you’ll have a stable job.” His grandfather suggested when they were eating breakfast.

 

Luhan looked at his grandpa with a worried face, “I can’t.” he softly whispered and sighed.

 

“Why?” Junmyun butted in.

 

“I told you I can’t sing.” Luhan answered him casually.

 

“But I heard you. You definitely can.”

 

“I can’t.”

 

“Yes, you can! The people loved your voice!”

 

“I already told you—“

 

Luhan was cut off by his grandfather, “Luhan can’t sing without the blindfold.”

 

“He can—huh?”

 

“He can’t sing in front of the crowd. He will have some panic attacks. That’s the reason why when you first saw him, he was wearing a blindfold. The blindfold eases the panic attacks.”

 

“Harabeoji,”

 

“Will you let him sing without his eyes?”

 

Junmyun flashed a heartwarming and assuring smile, “Will he let himself be heard? I would love to hear him sing, harabeoji.”

 

 

There was a shy smile creeping on Luhan’s face. Junmyun noticed that smiled again.

 

“I’ll let you meet the others later.” He  said. “By the way, how about the guy with you yesterday? The pianist, I say?”

 

“Oh, Jongdae?”

 

“Yes, if that’s his name.”

 

“He’s preparing for an entrance exam in a university.”

 

“He sings?”

 

Luhan gave him a two thumbs up, “Better than me. Way more better, I tell you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What is he doing here?” Kris groaned in frustration. He doesn’t care if he sounded so rude. If he feels like saying something, he’ll definitely voice it out. “This is a restaurant, for God’s sake Kim Junmyun. Who needs an entertainer?!”

 

Junmyun rolled his eyes at his annoying best friend slash business partner. He pulled his charming smile at the startled boy. “Don’t mind him. He’s just being immature and—“

 

“Immature?” Kris scoffed. He started clicking his tongue. “Who hired a kid to sing a children’s song in a class restaurant? Tell me, Junmyun, who’s more immature?”

 

“Uhm,” Luhan mumbled. Kris gave him a stern and exasperated glare. “I’m not a kid. I’m 22.”

 

Seconds of silence due to the sudden realization before Junmyun burst out into a complete laughter. Kris was dumbfounded as well.

 

“Excuse me?” Luhan muttered out of bewilderment.

 

“What month were you born?” Junmyun asked between his laughter.

 

“April?”

 

Suho’s laughter became louder. Kris rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulder.

 

“Spell respect, Kris.” Junmyun continued to .

 

“Urgh, shut up!” Kris hissed and sat on the chair and let out a frustrated groan.

 

“Let me take you to the second floor. The others are there as well.” Junmyun said excitedly as he pulled Luhan by his arm to the second floor. As soon as they got there, five young men, probably around his age were working on mural on a wall.

 

“Guys, we have a new member!” Junmyun exclaimed excitedly and he immediately caught their attention. “This is Luhan. He will be our classical singer.” Junmyun introduced him to everyone.

 

“Chanyeol desu. Wo shi Chanyeol. Chanyeol imnida. I am Chanyeol. Hi!” a giant guy with brunette frizzy hair suddenly jumped child likely and introduced himself in 4 different languages. He can’t let Kris beat him. They are both tall. They are both handsome. So if one of them speaks 4 languages, the other one is ought to, too.

 

“Stop showing off Chanyeol.” Baekhyun stopped from what he was doing and smiled at Luhan. “I am Baekhyun. I will be a waiter here.”

 

Chanyeol jumped again, “I forgot to tell you I’m going to be a receptionist.”

 

“I’m Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. Will be in charge of the kitchen.” Kyungsoo casually waved at him like a 10 year old kid.

 

“I am Yixing. I will be running around in the kitchen as well.” He smiled which emphasized his dimple.

 

“Hi. I am Tao. I will be like what Baekhyun hyung will be.” He smiled.

 

Luhan suddenly felt a slender arm around his shoulder and a chin as well, “I am Jongin. The maknae when my best friend is not around. I dance  for customers.”

 

“Strips, you say Jongin.” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“Yeah, I strip for special service. Haha, it’s included in the menu!”

 

“Shut up! Stop disgracing my restaurant with your dirty words.” Junmyun defended and everyone laughed.

 

“Kidding,” Jongin let go of Luhan. “I will be a receptionist as well.” He smiled and gave him a cute V-sign.

 

“Hello, everyone. My name is Luhan.” He bowed 90 degrees to everyone.

 

All of them smiled as a response. “Don’t hesitate to be comfortable with them. They are my juniors in my school.” Junmyun gave Luhan his reassuring smile. His face suddenly turned into a stern one when he faced the guys again. “Be nice to him. He’s 22!”

 

“What?! I thought he’s our new maknae!” Jongin exclaimed.

 

“I thought he was 12.” Chanyeol murmured under his breath.

 

Junmyun never minded them.  His eyes shifted to the mural painting on the wall. His eyes immediately glimmered as astonishment hit him. It was beyond perfect.

 

“Oh my God, Baekhyun, how could you possibly do this?” his voice was full of awe as his eyes explore Baekhyun’s perfection.

 

“Hyung, you don’t say Oh my God.” Baekhyun teased and immediately trailed off down stairs. Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Lay, and Tao followed him because they think he will be having Kris to buy them some food.

 

"Oh, hi Sehun. Junmyun hyung's upstairs." Jongin greeted Sehun as they descends the stairs and the younger ascends it.

 

 

“Hyung? Junmyun hyu—“ Sehun stopped from his trance when his eyes met the same familiarity. The doe eyed boy was looking directly into him and he simply stared back. He never expected this that the one he abandoned years ago, would be standing in front of him now.

 

Maybe, meeting you for the second time is inevitable. But I have options. I have choices. And suffering is optional. You may have come back… but you will never be part of me again. You’ll stay like that inmy perspective. Unknown. Disowned. Unloved. Bastard. Killer.

 

 

“What are you looking at?” Sehun asked.

 

Luhan got startled by the unfriendliness of the other and shook his head to the side so that Sehun could make his way. Sehun walked directly towards Junmyun who was admiring the mural painting done by Baekhyun.

 

“What is he doing here? I thought he declined the job?” Sehun raised his voice a little louder so that Luhan could hear it.

 

“I changed his mind.” Junmyun smiled and his eyes still glimmered on the painting on the wall. “I knew Baekhyun’s delicate fingers could di nice things such as this.” He absently commented.

 

“Fire him. He’s not worth for the job. If you want something classic for your business then go hire some deserving ones. You don’t pick up some random street singers to sing in a classic restaurant. “

 

Junmyun was taken aback. He brows furrowed and he looked at Sehun. “What is your problem?” he asked playfully.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, “You’re not getting my point here, hyung. I am saying—“

 

“I get your point, Sehun. His voice is worth it. He is worth it. I don’t really understand why you’re acting like this.”

 

Sehun was supposed to speak again but he decided to shut his mouth up. He looked behind him and found Luhan looking straightly at him. He cut the vision between them and shifted his gaze back to Junmyun again.

 

“You discovered Baekhyun hyung could paint. You discovered that,” he paused and pointed his index finger at Luhan with a dash of exasperation, “that could sing.” Sehun crossed his arms. “Why don’t you just get  life and have your own discovery channel?” Sehun dropped sarcastically and walked away.

Junmyun just chuckled as a response. He’s already immune of the younger’s drastic personality and he doesn’t even feel a sting of irritation. Well, actually, Junmyun is just so nice that getting him angered is almost close to impossible.

 

He walked towards Luhan and patted the other’s shoulder. “You’d get use to it.”

 

Luhan smiled,  “Being unwanted is nothing new to me.” He whispered.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing.” Luhan smiled again. “Can I befriend him?”

 

Junmyun crumpled his forehead. “Are you sure? After hearing those from him, you want to be his friend?”

 

“Should I not?”

 

Junmyun sighed. “Sehun is one piece of a teenager who’s worse than a teenage girl who’s having a period.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The boys, including Luhan and Sehun, was painting another wall with white because it will be painted by Baekhyun later. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were bickering at each other and playing paints on their faces.

 

“Let’s play a paint relay.” Chanyeol suggested and before Baekhyun could react, the giant has already painted his face with white. “You’re it, Baekhyunie. Now pass the curse to the next person beside you.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled at Chanyeol’s childishness but then he did as told. He caught Luhan off guard and marked him on his face. “Hyung, you’re it! Pass the curse to Sehun!” Baekhyun exclaimed excitedly.

 

 

Luhan playfully poked his index finger on Sehun’s face and draw a line on his cheek. He giggled at his little achievement. Sehun’s gaze suddenly was suddenly into him and when he met with his eyes, Luhan took the initiative to shut up.

 

“Apologize.” Sehun suddenly muttered.

 

Luhan widened his eyes, “W-what?”

 

“Do I have to repeat myself every time? I want you to apologize to me.”

 

“Sehun-ah, we were just playing.” Chanyeol butted in.

 

“You were and I was not.”

 

“I… I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to—“

 

“Luhan hyung,” Chanyeol interrupted as he pouted.

 

“I’m tired.” Sehun muttered casually and dropped the paint brush. He took off the dirty apron and the towel on his hair and headed directly to the washroom.

 

“Luhan hyung, you didn’t have to do that. Sehun’s being a brat and all and I’m pretty sure he’ll not die if you didn’t apologize. We were just playing.”

 

Luhan sighed, eyes glued to the washroom door. “It’s okay.” He smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun got out from the washroom and found Luhan behind the door.

 

“What?”

 

“I’m sorry a-about earlier.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and just walked pass by him nonchalantly.

 

“Sehun-ah,” Luhan called. When Sehun turned around, he stretched his arms, indicating a piece of clean towel. “Here.”

 

Sehun still looked so unamused when he softly grabbed the towel. Smirking at the older, he threw the towel harshly in which it landed on the can of paint.

 

“Stop it, will you?” Sehun muttered.

 

“S-stop what?”

 

“Stop being so annoying. Stop acting like we’re friends. Are you just being stupid or am I not that real obvious. I don’t want to be your friend.”

 

After saying those words, Sehun walked away, not giving Luhan the slightest chance to say something. Luhan was obviously stung by the words.

 

 He sighed as he watched Sehun’s back view. Suddenly, he felt warm hands on his ears.

 

“Don’t listen to him,” the tan guy from earlier appeared before him. “I am Sehun’s best friend. Believe me, those were Sehun’s first words to me when we met during middle school. Annoying him was part of my daily life but look at us now, we are the best of friends.”

 

Jongin and Luhan chuckled.

 

“Sehun is pretty tough, isn’t he? But honestly, he’s still a kid.”

 

Luhan escaped from Jongin. “Look who’s talking. I can see you’re more immature than him. Haha.”

 

“I am not.” Jongin laughed.

 

The both of them laughed and didn’t notice the silent ear that were listening to their conversation.

 

“Your best friend reminds me of someone.” Luhan suddenly dropped.

 

“Huh? Who?”

 

“Someone whose name was also Sehun? I don’t know. I couldn’t remember his face but he has carved me so deep that’s why his name remained.

 

“Oh. Who’s he?”

 

Luhan shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t remember. Maybe he was a former friend, a classmate, or a littlebrother.

 

Sehun unconsciously dropped the towel on his hands to the floor.

 

“You had a brother?”

 

Luhan shook his head, “I don’t think so. I’m adopted. And that was a very long time. As far as I remember, I don’t remember having a brother.”

 

Sehun didn’t realize he was already smiling as he eavesdropped.

 

That’s right. Forget everything. Don’t remember even the slightest thing. Forget everything!

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

A/N: If I am just going to give up later, I should do it now. But I don't want to give everything up. But I am also not sure if I'm going to or not in the near future. I do not want to but what  if I'm ought to in the end? I'm scared to take the qualifying exam.

 

Hi guys. I'm sorry for just updating today. I honestly didn't like the way I wrote this chapter. It's full of conversations... and urgh. I didn't convey the prefect feelings for this chapter, I am sorry. I'm sorry I'm just so frustrated. Our finals is already over but I still have a test on April 1, 3, 5.. and I'm scared of what will be the result. Anyways. Thank you, new subscribers, thank you for the warm comments, thank you for the upvotes. Bye~