Today, I'll Start Our Love: 6

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

                          

 

Luhan took the blindfold off his eyes. His eyes met with different faces. He unconsciously bit his tongue inside his mouth to stop himself from panicking. He took deep breaths and counted 1 to 10 in his mind. This works. He’s been doing this to prevent his panic attacks.

 

“Luhan! Luhan! Luhan! Wooh!” a voice cheered from the crowd. Luhan found the owner of the voice in not time. It was his best friend, Minseok, but he prefers calling him ‘Baozi’. Just a glance at someone he knew calms Luhan down. It means he’s not alone in the sea of crowd. It means someone wouldn’t leave him behind.

 

“Kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida!” he thanked the crowd again and again while bowing to them with 90 degrees. The people started dispersing with smiles of satisfaction and amazement drawn all over their faces. Luhan’s music really soothes their heart.

 

“Did I not say, Luhan,” Minseok walked over towards Luhan, still softly clapping his hands. Luhan didn’t spare him a glance and continued to count money that he just earned from the crowd. “Luhan, I think you should really become a trainee.” Xiumin beamed but Luhan just gave him a small smile.

 

“Well, we have different ways of thinking, Baozi.” He finally answered as he put his earnings on a big pouch. “You perfectly know I can’t be.” He added.

 

“It’s because you won’t go for therapies! I’m telling you, you’re missing the half of your life!”

 

Luhan didn’t answer and started walking away. Minseok fastened his pace and when he caught up Luhan, he rested his chubby arm around Luhan.

 

“You know you can just ask for an exception in performing on stage with a blindfold.” Minseok snorted.

 

Luhan chuckled softly, “Are you kidding me?”

 

“I am,” Xiumin grinned. “But I’m not kidding about you, becoming a trainee at SME. Just be a trainee and let’s perform together. You sing, I dance.”

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Luhan smiled weakly. “No.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Noona, gumawo.” Sehun said nonchalantly and bowed his head to his friend slash personal counselor. He was actually grateful. He just didn’t know what kind of facial expression he should have pulled off.

 

Sehun has been going to counseling and stuffs like those. His father sent him Japan, 2 months after Luhan disappeared. He thought Sehun needs a new environment and needs some guidance counseling. And he perfectly knows he couldn’t give that to his son even though he is his father. He couldn’t take care of his two sons at the same time. He doesn’t want to disappoint Sehun for finding Luhan again but he doesn’t want to give up his other son. He sent Sehun to Japan and let him live there for the following months with his aunt. Sehun has changed between those months. He’s become better and worse at the same time. He got Sehun back to Korea when the latter was 14 years old. His father was even surprised when Sehun decided to continue with the consultation of guidance since he said it calms him. It makes him at ease. It was relaxing and soothing to have someone you can actually talk to.

 

Tiffany, his father’s friend’s daughter, a lot few little years older than him became his personal guidance counselor.  She’s actually a psychiatrist and she treats Sehun as her favorite little patient.

 

“Have a nice day, Sehunie.” She smiled at him. Sehun nodded, still wearing that emotionless façade. Sehun stood up from the swivel chair and headed towards the door. He was just about to twist the door knob when Tiffany spoke.

 

“Sehunie, you aren’t allowed to come back here again without a smile on your handsome face, araseo?”

 

Sehun clicked his tongue in amusement (but nothing has change in his facial expression) and shrugged his shoulder before leaving Tiffan’y small clinic.

 

He directly headed to the car, parking just nearby. He got himself inside it and almost had a heart-attack when he realized someone was already sitting on the passenger’s seat, looking at him with hopeful eyes, and smiling like an idiot.

 

“Hyung!” Sehun whined as he clutched his shirt. The man just chuckled. “Next time don’t creep inside my car like this unless you want to kill me.” He frowned and pushed the older male.

 

“Aww!”

 

“Where the hell is my driver, hyung?” Sehun asked exasperatedly when he noticed that no one is sitting at the driver’s seat.

 

“This is kidnapping, Oh Sehun.” the pale one answered and got out from the passenger’s seat and transferred to the driver’s seat. Before Sehun could blink, he was already on the road.

 

“For the nth time, Junmyun hyung, I am not coming with you.” He whined as he kicked the back of Suho’s seat.

 

“But you already are.” Junmyun smirked through the rear view mirror.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, “I will never be working under your supervision so drop me off, Junmyun hyung.”

 

Sehun could see the pout on Junmyun’s face through the mirror. “Why, Sehun-ah? It’s summer and it’s boring to  stay at home without nothing to do.”

 

“I can apply for summer classes so that I can graduate in no time.”

 

“Who are you kidding?” Junmyun smirked.

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders, “Or maybe I would be enrolling to a dance class to ease my boredom. Anything. Everything. Except for working in your ugly restaurant.”

 

Junmyun pouted even more. “It’s my first business so stop insulting it.”

 

“It’s my mouth so I can say whatever I want.”

 

“Oh,” Junmyun smirked and his face shows how a little bulb formed just above of  his  head. “And you know what? I know your Tiffany noona likes me. This is me, and I have every right to do what I want.”

 

Sehun froze and immediately shifted into his JPG mode. Junmyun chuckled. Junmyun knows him too well. Sehun’s first crush was his personal counselor. It was just an infatuation, nothing more than that. He knows it well. He just doesn’t like that his Tiffany noona would end up with someone like his idiot friend slash senior in school, Kim Junmyun. He will be happier if she ends up with anyone except for him.

 

“Don’t mess with her, hyung.” Sehun gritted his teeth.

 

“I won’t.” he flashed his gorgeous smile.

 

“Why would you drag Tiffany noona into this?” the younger asked exasperatedly and threw him a glare of daggers.

 

“I’m going to kill you.” Sehun muttered with conviction.

 

Junmyun chuckled. “Do we have a deal, then?”

 

“I swear I will laugh at you and everything if this business of yours fails. And I really hope it fails  in its first week!”

 

“Should I call Tiffany and ask her for a date—“

 

“Get us to your damn restaurant!” Sehun shouted and shut his eyes on the view outside the window. He could see Junmyun’s sly smile through his peripheral vision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Harabeoji, I’m home!” Luhan greeted happily as he stepped inside their house with freshed baked bread on his hands.  His grandfather appeared from the kitchen and greeted him back with a smile. “I earned coins and decided to buy you some bread. Here, I brought you some of your favorite.” He happily handed the bread to his grandpa. His grandpa sat on the dining chair and Luhan sat just across him.

 

“Thank you, Luhan.” His grandpa smiled as he happily ate the bread. Luhan smiled back. He knows how his grandpa would starve himself just to save some money for his regular therapies. Irregular, you say, because he doesn’t accept the money and refuses to go on therapies.

 

What? It’s been almost a year since he has taken his last therapy. It’s been 11 months to be exact. Luhan has to visit a doctor and get his therapy once in a while. Luhan has developed Agoraphobia. He has developed a weird fear of open places, being alone in open places. He’s developed a fear that someone might leave him in the sea of crowd.
 

Since his grandfather could only afford for high school fees, he stopped right there and never had the chance to pursue college. His grandfather continued to work for their living and to save money for Luhan’s therapy. Luhan couldn’t do anything because he usually get panic attacks when he meets people. He made an experiment with meeting and performing in front of a crowd without him seeing them. It somehow worked. He sings for people with blindfold. He still trembles but at least, his attacks won’t fully occur.

 

“Luhan,”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You have to get back to the doctor to have your therapy and—“

 

“Harabeoji, don’t worry. I’ll be fine.” He flashed his radiant smile that could literally light up the whole town.

 

“But Luhan, I’m not here forever. I’m getting older and,” he paused.

 

Luhan reached for his hand, “Harabeoji, I will be fine. I can handle it.” He smiled. His grandpa looked at him with an apologetic smile. “And you won’t die, yet. You’re even stronger than Hercules, harabeoji.” He teased.

 

“Aigoo, you little kid!” he ruffled Luhan’s bird’s nest hair.

 

“I’m not a kid. I’m already 22.” Luhan pouted.

 

His grandpa laughed. “Well, you look like you’re 12! You never age, Luhan.” They both laughed.

 

“Of course, I am as handsome as my harabeoji!” he gave two thumbs up at his beloved grandfather.

 

Luhan will forever be grateful towards this man. He’s eternally grateful that God of Heavens gave him such a family he could rely on.

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

A/N: I'm sorry for the short and late update. OTL DKFC tomorrow, and I am here 3 Maybe next Kai, Sehun, Luhan...Maybe next time. If I become richer, I will definitely go to your every concert. Haha :D I literally broke down into tears the moment they stepped in NAIA.  Well, we're in the same country, not in the same ISLAND. Why does Philippines have to have so many islands?! Anyways, I was honestly bored at how this chapter came out. Anyways, I hope I didn't disappoint you that much. And, I'm banned from using the laptop from now on since March is appraoching and QE is approaching and I need to work my to pass that exam T.T Officially on Hiatus, thank you, muah <3 Subribers are loved! Comments make me happy.