Today, I'll Start Our Love: 5

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“Sehun-ah!” Luhan shouted and rose from the wooden bed. He realized he wasn’t very familiar with the place. The place is small and looks old, but it is clean. He noticed that the sun isn’t there anymore. The moon has already replaced it but there were no stars.

 

“Oh, you’re awake?” Luhan was slightly startled upon hearing the voice. His doe eyes landed on the man on the door. Luhan didn’t answer and innocently stared at him. The man chuckled and walked towards him, holding a basin and towel. “Are you feeling better?” he asked.

 

“W-where am I?”

 

“You’re in my house. You passed out in the middle of the crowd. No one dared to help you. I brought you to the nearest clinic since you were burning when I touched you earlier. I can’t afford the bill for admission so I brought you here. The doctor said your fever was caused by your panic attack.” The man explained well. Luhan just nodded. He didn’t even answer. He doesn’t know how to answer anyway. The man sat at the foot of the wooden bed. “What’s your name?”

 

Luhan met the man’s eyes, “I’m Luhan.” He answered shortly.

 

“Where are your parents?”

 

“….”

 

“Were you left at the middle of the street by your parents? They are probably worried of you by now.”

 

“No one.” Luhan silently muttered.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“No one is worried.” Luhan felt like he wants to cry again, and so he did. “My donsaeng, Sehun.” Luhan’s voice cracked. Just the sound of his voice muttering Sehun’s name is painful enough to rip his fragile heart. “I’m worthless.” Luhan couldn’t take it anymore and so he buried his crying face on his small, petite palms.

 

The old man looked at him with a disapproving look and shook his head. He began to pat Luhan’s head and hushing him, telling him to calm down.

 

“He left me. He abandoned me. I’m worthless. He doesn’t love me. He hates me.” Luhan continued to cry. It’s only him who knows how much ounce of courage he took to say verbally the painful words pertaining to him. It’s painful. It’s very painful. It’s falling off from the highest building and in the end, you’ll be dead… but no one is there to mourn for your death. As painful as it seems.

 

There was a pregnant silence before the old man finally spoke, “There are 7 billion people in the world. If one person doesn’t see the worth of your existence, that doesn’t mean that you don’t matter to anyone else. One person is nothing compared to that ‘anyone’ else.”

 

“B-but that person is my brother.” Luhan mumbled silently.

 

Another deafening silence followed.

 

“Do you want to stay here?”

 

Luhan’s orbs widened, “B-but—“

 

“Or do you want me to help you find your way back home?”

 

Luhan’s heart ached when the old man muttered the last word. Sure, he wanted to go home. He wanted to go back.

 

“I want to go home. Please, help me.” Luhan cried.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan and the old man are standing behind the street light. Luhan’s house that he considers as his home is just 4 meters away from him. He felt a little ting of happiness in his heart. He was afraid earlier that he wouldn’t find his way home again.

 

“You live there?” the old man asked.  And Luhan just nodded in response. “You want me to ring the bell for you?” he asked again. And again, Luhan just nodded.

 

They walked towards the gate, hand in hand. Luhan felt uneasiness. He’s happy but he’s scared, really, really scared. The man was about to ring the bell when they heard loud voices coming from house.

 

 

 

“Where is he, Sehun?!” his father shouted. Sehun shut his mouth up. He doesn’t want to talk; he doesn’t want to remember the cruelty of what he did. But he did it with no regrets. He did it because he wanted to. He did it because he’s hurting as well. Having Luhan’s face around the house hurts him so much. “Oh Sehun!”

 

“I don’t know.” Sehun finally answered in a low tone. “Maybe he got sick of me. Maybe he got tired. Maybe he has finally realized how pathetic and disgusting it is to become a bastard. Maybe he has finally realized how pathetic he is for trying to in our family.”

 

“What did you say?!”  Sehun’s father grabbed the poor kid’s arm.

 

“Appa!” Jessica immediately snapped and pulled Sehun out of their father’s grip. Sehun started crying.

 

“Appa, I was your son first! He may be even older than I am, but I was your son first! I have been here for 8 years before he came. I have been your son for eight years; he has been only your son for how many months. So care about me, too! Care about how I feel. I don’t know where he is. And I hope he doesn’t come back.”

 

Sehun’s father was taken aback. Only God knows how everything is ed up in his father’s life. He loved Luhan but Sehun’s right. Sehun is his son. He doesn’t respond his son’s word.

 

“I am also your son.” Sehun added before pulling his arm away from Jessica’s grip and ran to his own room.

 

 

 

Luhan didn’t realize he was already crying. He heard. Not something but everything. And every word he heard was dagger forcefully pierced in his heart. His mind flashed the first time he saw Sehun for the first time. It was like a mini movie played in his mind. Like a broken CD, Sehun’s first words to him played endlessly in his mind.

 

He killed me mom.

 

The moments when Sehun verbally say that he hates him to death. And the moment when he ran after Sehun but Sehun chose to break his heart.

 

Luhan stepped back. Another step, another one. The old man, who has also heard everything that caused Luhan’s pain right now looked at him sympathetically.

 

“There is no home.” Luhan whispered. “There is no place such a home that accepts me. There’s no such a thing. I’m just being absurd.” Luhan fell on his knees and buried his crying face between his knees.

 

The old man walked over towards him. He laid on the ground as well. He squeezed Luhan’s shoulder to calm him. “Luhan,” the man called. “Let me take you home.” The man whispered.

 

Luhan lifted his head up and met with the man’s warm gaze. His eyes show how bewildered he is. The man smiled again, “Let me take you to my home. Let me be a parent to you. Let me—“ but before the man could finish what he has to say, a pair of slender arms wrapped around his neck.

 

“Harabeoji,” Luhan continued to cry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ne, annyeonghasaeyo, choneun Luhan imnida!” Luhan greeted the people happily as he stood in front of the fountain, at the center. Some stopped and looked at him with a raised eyebrow while some just spared him a glance and chuckled. It is just everyday that you see a petite brunette young man under the rays of the sun wearing a blindfold on his eyes.

 

“Don’t find me weird.” He nervously said, earning a couple of chuckles and giggles from the passerby. He placed a brown hat on the ground and straightened himself. “And I will sing.” He softly added and cleared his throat.

 

 

You don’t have to cry
울지 말아요
고개 들어봐요
이젠 웃어봐요

 

 

Along the highway near just where Luhan is standing in front of the crowd, piles of cars stopped in motion. Blue, red, black, white, different luxurious cars with different colors. Inside one, behind the tinted black car, sits a pale skinned young man; totally drown in music with headsets plugged in each of his ears. He lips surround a straw and he drink his bubble tea casually.

 

 

 

Sehun unconsciously looked at his right side. His face totally shows how bored he is with the current traffic. He didn’t realize he was already staring at a young man whose about 26 meters away from him. He was curious with the crowd enveloping the little area. He also found the black cloth weird around the man’s eyes.

 

 

I will make you smile
행복만 줄게요
언제나 그대 곁에서
영원히

 

 

Sehun shifted his eyes on the road as the driver began to start the car.

 

 

Don't be afraid
모두 잘 될거예요

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update OTL... That moment when eveybody says the accounting is beautiful but you just couldn't see that beauty that envelopes it. Is it just me? Hahaha, jk. Anyways, here's an update. It's kinda rush, I'm sorry. And for the reader who asked when they will grow up, well, yeah, they're grown ups now :) I'm really glad for the comments! Thank you, readers and silent readers <3 And by the way, updates are slower. I'm sorry. But I'm trying to encode my drafts. It's just that school is...well, school is school...y'know, stuffs like those and these...semi's are approaching T.T Anywho, let me know what you think <3 comments and new subbies will be very much appreciated.

 

A/N: The song is Proposal by Noel

 

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HUNHAN <3