Today, I'll Start Our Love: 1

Today, I'll Start Our Love

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

An 8 year old kid, wearing a cold and emotionless face, descended the big staircase. He was straightly staring into a kid around 12 years old, who was also looking at him with curious eyes. The line of vision between them wasn’t cut even though when the 8 year old kid suddenly spoke.

 

“Who are you?” the 8 year old kid asked; voice was enveloped with unfriendliness and coldness that it brought shivers down to the spine of the older doe-eyed kid.

 

father smiled and gestured his hand to the brunette boy. “His name is Lu Han. Sehun, he is your—“

 

“He killed my mom.” Sehun cut his father off. Luhan’s eyes widened upon hearing the words. Not because he was struck by Sehun’s unfriendly and cold words but because he simply didn’t understand. He was Chinese. He blinked his eyes on the younger one and tilted his head.

 

“Sehun-ah,” his father muttered and looked at him with a disappointing glare.

 

“Sehun’s right.” Another unfriendly voice was heard. 3 pairs of eyes landed on a beautiful young lady. And she’s just as cold as Sehun, if not, even colder than him. “You may want to keep him but don’t expect me to accept him. Don’t expect me to be a sister to him because I will never be a sister to someone who is, indeed, behind the reason of my own mother’s death.” She said. Luhan didn’t understand a thing but he got this feeling of uneasiness. He felt being utterly unwanted.

 

“Jessica—“

 

“I’m going to my room.” Jessica said as she passed through them and headed to the stairs. She suddenly stopped and spoke, “Dad, did you really love my mother?” she asked without facing her father. Sehun eyed his father who suddenly was at loss of words to speak. Jessica, then, turned around to face again her father and the young brunette boy. “Because if you really did, this boy wouldn’t be here. He’s not supposed to be here. He doesn’t belong here.” Jessica said. Tears were forming in her eyes but she didn’t let them fall. No way she’s going to cry because of a useless, worthless bastard.

 

Their father looked at Luhan who has his head down. He reached for his hand and squeezed it. The young lad lifted his head and met his father’s eyes. His father gave him an assuring and warm smile. “They said they like you.” He spoke in Chinese and smiled again. Sehun didn’t understand but he felt like he knew what the warm smile meant.

 

“No one likes him. No one will ever accept him.” the younger boy muttered before ascending the stairs. Luhan couldn’t care less. He still felt being unwanted. His father saw how worried he was so he squeezed his hand again.

 

“Don’t worry. I am your father and I love you. They accept and love you, too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“S-Sehun-ah, m-meokja.” Luhan stumbled with the Korean words but he managed to speak it. It wasn’t perfect but the sincerity was attached to his words. The maid smiled at Luhan’s little accomplishment. Luhan smiled awkwardly at Sehun while Sehun just stared blankly at him. Luhan took the initiative to hop off from his chair and pulled a chair for Sehun.

 

"Sehun, h-here," Luhan offered the chair and took the opportunity to offer a smile as well, excpet that this time, he tried not to be awkward, he tried to be friendly.

 

To the contrary, Sehun looked utterly uninterested. Nevertheless, the younger stepped towards the direction of the chair that was offered to him. Luhan's eyes sparkled a little and Sehun found it so pissing. When Sehun reached the chair, he didn't sit peacefully and less drmatically like whatLuhan had hoped. Instead, his hand reached for a glass full of water and slowly poured it on Luhan’s plate of food. The younger’s lips curled upward to the side forming an evil smirk, too evil for a young lad to wear, as he saw Luhan’s face drowned in shock and horror.

 

“You deserve nothing of this.” Sehun muttered the hurtful words before leaving the dining area and going back to his room. It didn’t take Luhan a minute for a tear to stream down his lovely face.

 

He didn’t understand what his half younger brother spoke but his heart ached for Sehun’s actions. Luhan didn’t need words to understand. Anyone could easily decipher what one meant through actions. And since Luhan's heart was as fragile as any other 12 year old kid's heart, he could do nothing but to cry.

 

The maid immediately knelt in front of Luhan to wipe the poor kid’s tears. “Shh, it’s okay. The glass of water just slipped from Sehun’s hand.” The maid tried to calm him, unaware of the fact that the young lad couldn’t understand what she was trying to say. Still, Luhan continued to cry silently. No sound from him was heard, just silent tears that streamed down his face.

 

“Eonni, what’s for lunch—Who’s he?” a lovely delicate voice spoke. The maid turned around and saw Yoona standing at the kitchen counter.

 

“He’s Luhan.” The maid answered. Yoona was like ‘o’ from the maid’s answer. She eyed the crying boy whom she concluded that he’s just the same age as her.

 

So this is my half brother, Luhan, eh?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why aren’t you eating?” Yoona asked as her brows furrowed because of Luhan’s awkward silence. “Are you deaf or something? You haven't spoken yet.”

 

Luhan remained his eyes locked on the plate. After a good 5 seconds, he decided to shift his eyes to the young lady. “Wo shi Lu Han.” He spoke sheepishly.

 

Yoona’s eyebrows met upon her bewilderment of Luhan’s language. And then she remembered, Lu Han was Chinese. She suddenly felt that her blood was rushing through her veins. She’s angry. It’s very disappointing to know that your own father went all the way to China just to find a mistress there and produce a child. And to top it off, her father brought the kid, the reason behind her mother’s suicide incident, to their home. For heaven’s sake, it’s their home! She was angry. Not with Luhan but with her father. She couldn’t hate Luhan. Luhan didn’t know a thing. The blame shouldn’t be all put at him. It wasn’t his fault.

 

This is my father’s entire fault!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Here,” Yoona smiled as they stopped in front of a door. “This will be your room.” She opened the door and led the way to Luhan. The room was neat. It was simple. The walls were painted in white. It’s very calming. Luhan smiled as he got himself inside. His roamed around the room and—

 

“Ya! Who told you to get inside my room?!” Luhan almost jumped because of the angry voice that roared. His eyes landed on Sehun who was standing at the door for the bathroom.

 

“Ya, Oh Sehun, since when did you learn to talk like that?” Yoona hissed and patted Luhan’s back. Luhan stepped backwards and hid behind Yoona’s back.

 

“Since mom died, noona.” Sehun talked back. “In fact, you shouldn’t be befriending him nor treating him nicely. He doesn’t deserve a good life. He’s a murderer!” he shouted, tears streaming down on his cold face. Yoona sighed as her brother cried. “Noona, my mom. She’s gone. Our mom is dead. And it’s all because of him!”

 

“Sehun,” Yoona mumbled.

 

Sehun wiped his tears and rubbed his eyes vigorously. He lifted up his head and threw invicible daggers at Luhan. He walked towards him and grabbed his thin wrist. He pulled him outside his room, holding a tight grip on the poor kid’s wrist.

 

“Ya, Sehun-ah!” Yoona called but Sehun didn’t mind her older sister. He just continued to pull Luhan towards the stairs. The stairs.

 

“You don’t deserve to live.” Sehun muttered with conviction in his voice. He pushed Luhan for him to fall off the stairs.

 

Everything was fast. Even Yoona thanked the God of Heavens that she was fast enough to grab Luhan’s arm before the brunette boy fall from the top of the stairs. The bad thing was Luhan’s head hit the wall and lost his consciousness.

 

“Ya, Oh Sehun!” Yoona shouted at her ill-mannered brother. Sehun just rolled his eyes as if what he  did was nothing serious. He took a final glance at Luhan before running back to his room.

 

 

 

______________________________

 

 

 

Author's Note: Hi! Woah, 21 subcribers that subcribed for the foreword, JEONGMAL GOMAWO! *bows... I hope this didn't disappoint you. Thank you. Subscribe and Comment if you like ^^