Chapter 3

I Do...Forever

 

Lee Donghae P.O.V. (The next day)
 
I'm currently laying in the hospital bed in my room, not really aware of my surroundings. I am supposed to listen to everything Dr Lee is currently trying to tell me and Heechul Hyung about how I am recovering positively, and bla...bla.... 
 
But, the truth is, I felt so lost after what I was told about Hyukkie yesterday, and cant seem to believe its happening in reality.
 
Flashback
 
"He seems to be affected by something called Lacunar Amnesia." Dr. Lee informed us while going through a couple of pages on his clipboard as he explained. "His memory seems to be fine, except for one specific detail...."
 
"Me," I had interrupted.
 
Dr. Lee gave me a sympathetic nod as he continued. "It seems that when he hit his head in the accident, the impact caused a chemical reaction in his brain to be blocked, effectively erasing you from his memory completely." 
 
He paused as he flipped a few more pages on his clipboard. "We don't have a lot of literature on the disorder, unfortunately, so I can't give you a whole lot of information about it. It's a rare occurrence."
 
"Is there any way to cure it?" My voice barely came out as a whisper. I really wasn't completely in the moment and I wasn't sure how much more my body and mind could take.
 
"Yes, but that all depends on him. Because we don't have a lot of cases to base his off of, I can't give you a definitive answer. He may recover his memory, he may not." Dr. Lee sighed. 
 
"The only advice I can give you is the same advice I give families of all amnesiacs. Surround him with familiar things, more specifically, with things that remind him of you." He directed his explanation back at me. 
 
"Talk to him about past memories you shared together, show him pictures, home videos, whatever you can come up with."
 
END Flashback
 
They had run a battery of tests on him, every neurological test they could come up with, and he was completely fine besides the fact that he couldn't remember me.
 
There was nothing left. The seven years we had spent together, every memory, every thought, every feeling...was gone.
 
Hyukkie was informed about his condition and had acknowledged what was going on and understood that we shared some sort of history together, but had no idea who I was.
 
He apologized to me since he could see how upset I was and wanted to at least try and make it better. But, I could never be mad at him, especially for something that he had no control of. 
 
Flashback
 
"Donghae, I'm really sorry, I mean, I'm trying so hard—"
 
"It's Hae," I reminded him again, for I dont know how many times already.
 
"Sorry, Hae," I could tell he didn't feel comfortable using a nickname for me, when technically he had only known me a few hours. "I believe you, I do, but I really don't know what else to do."
 
"Don't worry about it," I said. It was killing me to talk to him like this, but I couldn't be mad at him. This wasn't his fault. "When Heechul hyung gets here with the photo albums, we'll see what happens."
 
END Flashback
 
Well, nothings change. The photo album hadn't work at all.  Rather than remebering, I think it freaked him out even more, because his condition was really becoming a reality for him seeing all the pictures of us together when he had no memory of us ever even spending any time together.
 
That's when I had asked to Kibum to push me back to my room, saying I was tired and wanted to rest. I knew Heechul hyung wouldn't have let me leave, but I couldn't take it any more. I was so mentally drained from everything that had been happening that I just couldn't be around it anymore.
 
Right now, I just feel sooo down and I just wanna...mope...sulk...you know....
 
Later today, I was allowed to visit Eunhyuk. So, Kibum and Heechul hyung wheeled me to his room again.  Kangin hyung promised to visit me again later tonight or tomorrow, when he had come to visit this morning,  as he had some business to attend to. 
 
When I saw him, I had to try so hard to fight the urge to rush to him and hug him...or kiss him... But, I guess I'm glad I cant walk properly yet, and still need to be pushed in a wheelchair.
 
I saw him giving me a strain smile, trying to make it seem genuine....but, I just felt like its not the same Hyukkie. But, I smile back, as best as I can. 
 
"Hi Heechul hyung, Kibum" Hyukkie said. Then he turn to me..."hi Donghae-sii". 
 
"I told u, its Hae" I tried saying it without feeling hurt or mad, but I guess he can still sense it, cause he apologized.
 
"I'm sorry....Hae". I just shook my head and gave him a small smile. 
 
Kibum then helped me to sit beside Eunhyuk on the bed and I just smile at him, and holds his hand. He seems awkward and uncomfortable, but after a few minutes I can feel him relax a bit. Not totally, just a bit.
 
We talked, had a few laughs, and after trying to again make him remember anything about me, his HUSBAND, with still no success, half and haour later I told Kibum and Heechul hyung I want to go back to my room.
 
"Bye Hyukkie...sleep tight, and sweet dreams" I said to Eunhyuk and peck him on the cheek. Though, I wanted to kiss his lips so badly. I saw him flinched, but tried to ignore the pang in my heart at his reaction. 
 
"hmm...ok...you too" He said to me, and he gave me a smile that seemed forced.
 
Heechul hyung and Kibum then wheeled me to my room, and left the hospital with a promise to come back again tomorrow. Only after they left me alone that I let the tears that I didnt realize I was holding back, come out. I dont know for how long I cried, but all I know is that I cried myself to sleep that night, feeling so cold and alone.
 
 
P/S : I did as much research as possible on Eunhyuk's condition. Such a thing does exist but as the doctor said, there's not a lot of research on it, so I couldn't really go too much into exactly what the hell was going on inside his head. 
 
Credit to wikipedia for giving me the small amount of info I do have on this condition.
 
I apologized sincerely to those who actually have more knowledge on the medical terms and Eunhyuk's condition, better than me. I am just trying to make a story on amnesia though I dont know much about it, so I apologized again.
 
Anyway, thank u to those who read my story and takes the time to comment. Appreciate it so much...thnx again...;). The characters are not mine....
 
I'll try to update next chapter A.S.A.P....