Chapter 16

I Do...Forever
 
Hyukjae P.O.V
 
I was at my office, signing some documents and reviewing proposals but somehow I just can't focus. My mind keep drifting back to the one person that I know is the most important person in my life, but its also the one person that I cant remember. The one person I don't have any memory of.
 
Donghae. Lee Donghae. My lover. My bestfriend. My husband. So, what I've been told. It was frustrating how I can't seem to remember him, but I do feel different towards him. 
 
Its weird because, I do still remember Hyoyeon as my girlfriend, not entirely. I do remember breaking up with her, but I dont remember because of what or who. 
 
When I first woke up at the hospital with him crying and hovering over me at the hospital bed, I was clueless and quite alarmed to see a stranger besides me. Crying over me. Calling me "Hyukkie".
 
I saw how his eyes showed pain and hurt when I asked who he was, since I really can't remember him. Though I cannot remember him, I still don't like the hurt and pain in his eyes. Weirdly, it hurts me too when he was hurt. I felt that I had to do everything I can to make him happy, and not see him hurt like that again.
 
Thats why I promised to try and remember him. I promised to stay with him and believe me, each day I tried to recall everything I can about him. I asked Heechul hyung, I asked my bestfriend Junsu. And they tell me stories, happy stories about the both of us. 
 
How we were so in love. How I was very protective of him to the point of being possessive sometimes. Heechul also mentioned that I broke up with Hyoyeon because I was in love with Donghae.
 
They told me how I was so happy with Donghae. I was always smiling and laughing. Heechul told me how Donghae made his dongsaeng happy. And unconsiously I would smile hearing these stories about Donghae, even if I cant seem to remember him.
 
How I went againts my parents for Donghae. 
 
 
I knew my relationship with my parents weren't good. We were always disagreeing over everything. My dad was always ordering me and Heechul hyung to do what he wants. He never cared about what we want. While my mother was always agreeing with her husband. OF COURSE.
 
I know my parents was terrible, but I still stayed with them even when Heechul left the family first. But, I only stayed because I wanted to heritate what my father have and gave it to Heechul. I'd do anything to annoy my parents. So, I followed whatever my father told me too. I counted each day when I can finally heritate the business and annoy them by passing it to Heechul hyung.
 
Anyway, Heechul always keeps in contact with me though. Which I was happy about. He knew why I stayed with my parents, so he always told me to get out and forget about the wealth. His happy with his boyfriend and wanted me to be happy too. But, I was really stubborn. So I still stayed. No matter how many times he asked me to move out, or how annoyed and frustrated I am towards my parents.
 
So, I asked Heechul hyung what finally made me moved out of the house and when Heechul hyung told me that I finally left the house for Donghae, thats when I realized Donghae was someone very important in my life.
 
I shook my head slowly, trying to stop thinking about Donghae and focused on my work. 
 
However, I just couldn't. Donghae has been...distance lately. He thought I didn't notice. But, I did. I just didn't confront him about his weird behaviour. 
 
Donghae always looked tired when I came home each day and looked so stress sometimes. And he looks thinner for some reason too. It worries me since he wont tell me anything. He just kept saying its nothing whenever I did asked about it. 
 
It was weird. But, I miss him. Thats why I insist to send him to work this morning since its been a while that I did not send him to work. I'm glad too that he decided to talk to me at last. So, I really cant wait for tonight.
 
I asked my secretary to cancel all my appointments for the evening since I want to go home early today. I can't wait for our talk tonight. 
 
My stomach grumbled at that time, signaling that it wants to be fed. I looked at my watch and noticed it was already 12.05pm. I didn't have any breakfast today and Donghae didn't cook anything since he had to be early to his work. But, I dont mind.
 
I decided to grab something light for lunch, so I went out and informed my secretary. 
 
I took my time walking towards a nearby cafe, which served delicious chicken sandwich and strawberry cake. But, my stomach grumbled louder indicating how impatient it is, so I walked faster towards the cafe.
 
I went straight to the counter to place my order and told the cashier to send it to my seat. As I was looking around, I noticed a familiar figure who was back facing me, laughing and smiling with someone. 
 
Then, I looked closely to the person. Brunnete hair, dark coat, and a familiar laughing sound. Without realizing I walked towards them and when I was next to the table, I noticed that I was right.
 
It is Donghae. 
 
"Hae?" I called him. Donghae looked up, and I noticed that he was really surprised to see me. Thousands of questions and negative thoughts running through my mind. One was really prominent. 
 
Is Hae having an affair? Is that his new boyfriend? Is he tired of me?
 
I then turned my attention towards the next person and glared at him. He seemed puzzled though, not scared.
 
I heard Donghae mumbling words that I dont understand, so I turned towards him again. Not feeling very pleased right now, all hunger forgotten.
 
"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work? Who is this guy?"
 
"Hy..hyukkie" He stuttered out. "I...I can explain"
 
I was mad. What the hell is he doing here? I grab his wrist forcefully and hissed out "Lets go. And start explaining". I tried to pull him away. The other guy was now standing too. I glared at him and tried to pull Donghae again.
 
"Hyuk..hyukkie. Wai..wait" I heard him said, but I ignored him. Suddenly he snap his hand away from my hand and I accidently let go of his hand. I turned around towards him, surprised that he would do that. 
 
"I said wait Hyukjae. You're hurting me" He said sternly while craddling his wrist, but I can see tears b out of his eyes. A part of me felt guilty for hurting him, but the part that is mad at him right now is much bigger. I glanced around then and noticed that we have caused a scene and most of the people are looking towards us. 
 
"Thank you Minho-ah. I will come to work as informed to me before. I'm sorry about this" I heard Donghae said to that guy. 
 
"Minho? As in Choi Minho?" I asked him. The said person gave me an annoyed look, before stiffly nodded. 
 
"Yes. I'm Choi Minho". He replied calmly, but still with a hint of annoyance.
 
Before I could say anything, Donghae walked away from us heading towards the door. I gave one last glare towards Minho before rushing towards Donghae's direction, lunch forgotten. 
 
I managed to catch up to him and made him turn around by pulling on his arms. All my anger dissapeared when I looked at him though. The tears were streaming down his cheeks. He glared at me, and for the second time snapped his arm away from my clutches.
 
"What was that Lee Hyukjae? You totally embarassed me!!!" He shouted at me. I was taken back a bit, before suddenly feeling my anger boiled up again. 
 
"What? Embarassed you? What were YOU doing DONGHAE? Why are you here? So far away from your office? Huh???" I shouted back at him.
 
Luckily we were at a secluded place right now, so not many people were around to watch us arguing. Or more like screaming at each other.
 
"I told you I can explain. Do you HAVE to cause a scene like that? You totally ignored me!!" He shouted at me again. Before he then burried his face in his hands and I can hear him sobbing. My heart clenched at that. Suddenly, I felt so guilty again.
 
I reached my hands to pull out his hands from his face. But, he wouldn't let me. And he again snapped his hand away from mine. 
 
"Don't! Do you now how awful I felt lately? How tired I am? What I've been through? Huh?" He shouted again. A frown appeared on my face when he said that. I opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off.
 
"No!! You dont know! How I was running around to find a new job. Then, trying to balance my life as a husband. Do you know??"
 
"Of course I dont know since you won't tell me! You never once tell me the truth when I asked. I DO CARE, THATS WHY I KEPT ASKING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!" I was shouting again. I'm hurt that he accused me of not noticing when he was the one always avoiding when I asked. How could he?
 
"So what? You choose to go to some other guy then? Instead of me? Who is he? Your new boyfriend now? Is this what you are going to tell me tonight? You found somebody else?" I was too angry to stop now. 
 
"You're getting tired of me now? Your amnesia husband? Tell me Donghae? Did he you better than me?" A hard slap went accross my face as soon as the words left my mouth, making my head turned to the side from the impact.
 
Slowly I raised my head and turned towards Donghae. I knew I already regretted what I said the minute it flew out my mouth. But, the look on Donghae's face makes me want to die.
 
He looked so hurt. So broken. Yet so mad. His breathing was so hard, plus the tears were stil flowing rapidly from his eyes. 
 
"How dare you! How dare you Lee Hyukjae! How dare you accused me of Cheating?? How dare You!!!" He glared at me and the hurt was so clear in his eyes. I could only gap at him.
 
"I..Hae..I'm..." He turned away from me suddenly, his back towards me.
 
"You have no right to say that. No right at all!!" And he ran away from me. 
 
I stood still, trying to process what just happened. When I finally snap out from my shock, Donghae was already no where to be found.
 
"Aishhh...Pabo Hyukjae" I cried out of frustration and felt like kicking something, anything. I pulled my hair instead out of frustration. 
 
"I need to find Donghae" So, I ran away immediately looking for a certain brunnette while pulling my phone out, trying desperately to dial his number. But, apparantly his phone was off.
 
"Aishhhhh!" I was so frustrated now. I ran around, not caring who I bumped into, or not really knowing where I am trying to find Donghae. Still no sign of him. I decided to go back to the office to get my car and looked for him while still trying to call him. I called my secretary too, saying that I had to leave earlier.
 
After more than an hour, I decided to go back home hoping that Donghae is there. However, I was welcomed to an empty house with Donghae no where to be found. 
 
"Donghae...where are you. I'm so sorry" I kept saying to myself, tears threatening to come out. I was so desperate. I paced around the house trying to think what to do or where to find him.
 
I was so lost in my thoughts when the sound of my phone ringing shocked the hell out of me. I jumped hearing the blaring of my phone, before quickly picking it out from my pocket. Hoping againts all hope that it would be Donghae.
 
Without looking at the caller's name, I picked the phone up. "Donghae!! Where are you..?"
 
Before I could finish, a voice cut me off.
 
"LEE HYUKJAE....WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???" All the blood drained out of my body when I hear the voice. The one voice that could literally killed me whenever he wants to.
 
"Hee...Heechul hyung" I stuttered out.
 
"DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH HYUKJAE???" 
 
END CHAPTER
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Author's note :-
 
Another chapter. Sorry because its too short....
 
Anyway, truthfully...I dont know how to go on with this story. I just feel like I'm running out of ideas for this story and its very frustrating. 
 
I just feel like I should give up on this story... I dont know....But, thinking of the readers and subscribers, I'm torn into two.
 
Gessshhhh....I just hope my writing mood and ideas will come flowing back to me. I love this story since its my FIRST ever story. But, I just dont know what to do....(Siggghhhhh)....
 
Anyway, again sorry for the short and crappy chapter. Sorry for late updates. Sorry for everything....T____T
 
P/S : I do not own the characters, just the plot....