Dancing Goblins

The Peculiar Girl

Ji Eun and Suzy were the last ones to settle around the dining table.

“Miss Soo Ri, is this the Steak you told me earlier? Just by looking at it, I think they’re absolutely delectable!!!” Ji Eun said out of the blue as she finds her seat beside Suzy, in front of Chanyeol.

The other two teenagers were astonished at the sudden outburst of Ji Eun.

Soo Ri sensed the confusion of the two and decided to break it, “Yes it is, Ji Eun.”

Ji Eun rubs her hand with excitement and a watering mouth but suddenly, she wrinkled her brow. *How am I supposed to eat this?*

She looked at the people around her and tries to study their movement.

Her eyes settled on the utensils and the plate of Steak in front of her then she looks at Suzy who’s busily enjoying her food. Suzy, on the other hand, senses Ji Eun’s stare, making her stop and look at Ji eun.

She noticed that the girl’s food is actually untouched, “Why aren’t you eating?”

Ji Eun let out an awkward laugh, “Heh…How am I supposed to…..eat this?”

Suzy raises her brow and met gazes with Soo Ri, her eyes are full of confusion.

Soo Ri cleared , “Sorry, it’s just that Ji Eun has an innocent side…so..uhh..kindly help her Suzy.”

Without a hint of hesitation, she fetches the desired utensils and proceeded in teaching Ji Eun.

As soon as the piece of stake enters , the taste lingered on her tongue in a bursting way.

“Extraordinary! I’ve tasted magic!” Ji Eun shouted as if it’s her first time to eat.

Suzy, who’s witnessing her weird actions, cleared and awkwardly laughs before proceeding to eat her food. Soo Ri, on the other hand, tried to steal glances at them with hopes that they didn’t notice something peculiar in their guest.

Amidst the sound of the utensils and clanking of plates, Chanyeol quickly glances at the girl who’s joyfully munching her steak. *That seems…weird.* He thought with a raise brow but after a few seconds, he shrugged the thought away and continued to eat his dinner.
 

~:~


Suzy shared her room to Ji Eun unconditionally and let her borrow some night pajamas.

“Mom said she’ll buy you clothes tomorrow so you can borrow mine for the meantime.” Suzy said as she hands Ji Eun a matching green night clothes. “The bathroom is the one that’s beside our bedroom.” She added. Ji Eun nodded and walked towards the door.

As soon as Ji Eun disappeared from her sight, Suzy bites her lower lip, *That’s odd…she went here without even bringing some clothes?*

Instead of letting the thought grow wider, she laid herself on the bed and blew a raspberry, “Nevermind…the important thing is, I finally have a sister.”

 

~:~

 

“Sparkling dust of fairies! What kind of a bathroom is this…” Ji Eun exclaimed with glimmering eyes as she scans the peach tiled room. *Might as well change my clothes first before exploring…*
With that big gown of hers, it took her ten minutes just to change.

Ji Eun stares at herself through the mirror, she found it unusual in wearing these kind of clothes but there’s also a hint that she likes it. She glued her eyes on her face,  trying to search something deep in her eyes. But all she saw was pain, regrets and tiredness. She shrugged the thought away just in time to stop her tears from emerging. *This won’t take too long...I’ll come back in Fantasia.*

Ji Eun grabbed the plastic comb from the small cabinet and brushed her hair, ignoring the fact that the comb is actually made of plastic. Not the kind of comb that she uses in Fantasia.

She notices the silver odd looking thing that was attached to the wall, below the bathtub.

Ji Eun pursed her lips, observing the thing which is actually called ‘shower.’

“Shining hook of Captain Hook!! This is amazing!!” Ji Eun exclaimed in surprise as the water escaped from the shower, filling the bath tub. Ji Eun wants to place herself inside the tub but she realizes that she’s already wearing pajamas. With pouted lips, all she did is to stretch her hand below the shower and feel the ripples of water. “This is extravagantly awesome!”

 

~*~*~*~*~

 

Chanyeol just finished talking on the phone with his girlfriend and decided to go downstairs to fetch a glass of water. He touched his right shoulder and tries to stretch while he’s on his way downstairs but a sound disturbed him. With a wrinkled brow he searches for the sound and realized that it’s coming from the bathroom. He went at the front of the door, trying to eavesdrop.

He heard Ji Eun’s voice with a touch of rippling water.

He clicked his tongue and knocked.

The door was opened by Ji Eun with a flustered face, wet arms and a wide smile; splashes of water was visible on her night shirt.

Chanyeol was taken aback at the girl in front of him, he somehow find Ji Eun attractive. He was too irritated a while ago to notice her facial features and her porcelain-like skin.

“Treasures of Neverland!!! What do you call that thing?” Ji Eun says, pointing at the shower.

Chanyeol manages to escape from his thoughts and look at where she’s pointing.

Once again, he wrinkles his brow, “Duhh…it’s a shower.”

Ji Eun claps her hand with excitement, “An amazing shower! It produces rain itself!”

Chanyeol crosses his arms on his chest, “Right…whatever you say…stop your stupid noises and go to sleep now. You’re just wasting water.”

The girl huffed in disbelief, “Look lousy creature, I’m just enjoying the nature of shower and you have no rights to stop someone’s enjoyment.”

Chanyeol sharpens his gaze, “Hey watch your words J—Ji-Jin, I have a name. Chanyeol.”

Ji Eun sneered, “Well Chanyeol, it’s actually Ji Eun, not Jin!”

“You are so unbearable.” She added with a sigh.
Witch clenching jaw, Chanyeol rolled his eyes and decided to leave. *Stupid girl…you should be grateful that you’re a female. It will be a pity if I punch that face of yours.*

 

~:~

 

It was already eleven o’clock in the evening when silence enters the dullness of night.

All of them were sleeping safe and sound instead of the girl who’s staring blankly at the vast dark sky through the windows. Since there is only one bed, Ji Eun was beside Suzy, who’s facing the wall, while she was at the edge of the bed. Ji Eun could almost hear Suzy’s breathing and hers. It was her only sound that serenades her through the loneliness of night.

The dark sky contains only a few stars and it makes Ji Eun longs for something, something that’s beyond the reaching of her hands.

“Tonight, I’m looking at a sky that’s selfish to share the light of stars while Juniel is looking at a sky that’s bursting with countless stars.”

 

~:~

 

The morning light glows through the windows of the room, making Ji Eun’s eyes squint.
Ji Eun is expecting to see the wooden room of hers in Fantasia but it’s quickly replaced by a room that has pink walls, reminding Ji Eun that she’s not in her kingdom anymore.  Ji Eun growls as she curses the sun that woke her up.  She went straight to the window, looking at the empty street outside. This was not her view from the window every morning in Fantasia. Sighing, she fixes herself in front of the mirror and went out of the room.

 

“Mornin’ girl..” Suzy greets, placing some plates on the table.

Ji Eun takes her seat, “Good morning Juni—I mean…Suzy.” Suzy didn’t notice Ji Eun’s response since she’s busy preparing some food. Instead, she changes the topic.

“Toasted bread and milk for breakfast,” Suzy announces as she puts the pitcher of milk on the table.

“Where’s Miss Soo Ri by the way?” Ji Eun asked, taking a seat.

“She went to the Mall, she said she’ll buy you some clothes and a bed so that you know…we won’t be squeezing each other at one bed.” Suzy responded with a smile.

Ji Eun nods, looking at the toasted bread and found it similar to what she eats in Fantasia, “Toasted bread? In my kingdom, we call it loaves.”

 “Your kingdom?” Suzy asks, taking a seat.

Ji Eun was taken aback and cursed her lousy mouth for saying too much things and forgetting what Soo Ri told her. “Y—yes. A..uhh..kingdom…I mean…our world.” She stutters.

The awkward atmosphere faded when Chanyeol entered the dining room and took a seat, ignoring the two girls.

They proceeded to savor their simple breakfast with silence.

Ji Eun was nibbling her toasted bread when she takes a glimpse at Chanyeol, who’s busy with his milk.

*How come he has an irritating attitude but has eyes that radiate something like happiness…*

Chanyeol stopped sipping his milk when he senses Ji Eun’s stare. He looks at her with a blank expression, “What are you looking at?”

Ji Eun almost choked herself with the toasted bread and tries to snicker, “Oh nothing, I just want to know if I can bare your ridiculous face.”

Suzy laughs at her response, “Hear that oppa? You have a ridiculous face.”

Chanyeol hid his irritation and rolled his eyes instead, “childish minds…”

A single toasted bread was left at the plate and Chanyeol decided to get it but Ji Eun quickly grabs the bread, “Mine…”

 Chanyeol embarrassingly took his hands away from the plate and gave her a cold stare, “Pft. Seems like you haven’t eaten for years so yeah, take it instead. I don’t care.”

Ji Eun snickers, “lousy…”

She took a small amount from her toasted bread and actually threw it at Chanyeol, which landed on his glass of milk.

“Yah!!! What do you think you’re doing?!!” He shouted as his hands meet the table with a force, creating a loud bang.

“Throwing a piece of loaf…that’s what I’m doing.” Ji Eun replies, confidently munching her food with a raised brow.

“Don’t you have some manners?!” Chanyeol responded with a frown, disbelieving at the fact that a girl who’s beautiful and irritating at the same time manages to do that kind of thing at him.

Ji Eun cocked her head to the right, “Villains don’t have manners lousy Chanyeol.”

Their ear-splitting bickering lasted for minutes and Suzy was just looking at the two, laughing.

*Woah, what a brave soul Ji Eun.*

Chanyeol looked at Suzy, “What’re you laughing at?”

“Nothing…” Suzy responded, trying to hide her laugh but failed.

Chanyeol growled in frustration, “You guys are crazy.”

He stood up and walked out of the room, leaving a laughing Suzy and a proud Ji Eun.

“That was awesome!” Suzy exclaimed.

Ji Eun grimaces, “Looks like I succeeded in giving him a bad morning.”

Suzy finished her laugh, “Did you see his face? He was defeated! At last!”

“Is he always like that?”

“Actually, no. We get along with each other well but when it comes to bickering, I always lost. So it’s my first time to see him like that.” Suzy replied with a wink.

“Dancing goblins, you get along with each other? It’s a miracle.” Ji Eun huffed, crossing her arms.

Dancing goblins?” Suzy asked in curiosity.

“Oh…well I say that kind of things when I’m astonished or frustrated.”

“You mean like omg? Well, that’s cool…dancing goblins.” Suzy said with a small laugh.