Pink Roses

The Peculiar Girl

(Yey, my first time to make a poster. xD)

 

When morning finally came, Ji Eun opened her eyes and realized that Chanyeol and Suzy weren't there anymore, giving her a reason to look at the clock. It was six thirty and Ji Eun could barely hear the birds doing their morning tunes. She somehow found it usual to wake up very early on a Saturday since she's been used to waking up early during weekdays so it kind of became her routine.

"Morning!" Suzy greeted as she took her steps downstairs, already on her uniform.

"Hey," She replied with a raspy voice.

Suzy sat on the couch and put on her black shoes. "So you're really not going to school?"

Ji Eun nodded. "Nopedy nopedy nooo."

The latter chuckled and slowly stood up. She can now walk but she has to admit that there are times that a slight pain will occur.

Ji eun was about to pick up the comforter when Suzy stopped her and let her sit again. "I'll do it."

"Alright. Wait, where's auntie?" 

"She left early." Suzy replied and put the folded comforter on the couch.

"She's been busy these past few days huh?" 

"Yeah,"  

"Oh by the way, did Luhan go here today?"

Suzy shook her head and sat beside Ji Eun again. 

Seeing her response, Ji Eun nodded. "Oh...he doesn't know that I won't go to school today."

"Right...he's supposed to pick you up?"

"Yeah I guess so. That's what he do everyday."

Chanyeol went downstairs and sat on the other couch. His bag hung loosely on one of her shoulders.

"Morning Chanyeol." Ji Eun greeted and earned a nod from Chanyeol as he put on his socks.

"By the way, your breakfast's already settled on the dining table." Suzy said and stood up to check herself on the mirror.

"Well thanks, what time will you guys go home?" Ji Eun asked.

"Dismissal time is twelve thirty." Chanyeol answered after putting on his shoes.

"Oh okay..."

Suzy and Chanyeol went out while Ji Eun just tagged along. The two readied their bikes and after a few minutes, they finally went on.

"Bye! Have a nice day!" Ji Eun shouted before closing the gate.

The latter drew out her breath as she looked around. There was complete silence and for the first time after a long while, she felt alone again.

She decided to eat her breakfast which are three pieces of pancake as she think on the things she needed to do while she's the only one inside the house.

After taking her breakfast, she cleaned the table and washed the dishes. When she's finally done, she dragged herself to the living room and as she looked around, she noticed the unorganized stack of DVD's inside the glassed cabinet and the dusts on the furnitures. With a sigh, she turned around to get the cleaning materials and proceeded to polish the living room.

 

~:~

 

"Bye, see you later!" Suzy said as she tapped Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Yeah yeah, have a nice day." The latter replied before the two of them parted their ways.

With a blank expression, Chanyeol made his way inside the noisy classroom of Section A. He tried to steal glances to some of his classmates. Some were busy doing their homeworks that they forgot to do, some where chattering endlessly like their conversation is much greater than the running time. He was a few steps away from his seat when he sensed the eyes of a boy with golden hair glued on him. Chanyeol managed to ignore it and blandly took a seat on his chair. Since his ten minutes early, he fished out his iPod from the small pocket of his bag and when he was about to plug in his earphones, someone called his name. It was Luhan.

"Hey, where's Ji Eun?" 

Chanyeol continued to fix his eyes on his gadget. "She didn't go to school today."

"Yeah of course I know that. It's obvious. I mean, why isn't she here?"

"Her foot still hurts." Chanyeol responded.

"I see...I forgot to pick her up today." Luhan muttered before averting his gaze at the white board.

Chanyeol didn't seem to think that he still needs to reply so he just shrugged and picked a song. *You forgot to pick up Ji Eun? Ji Eun? Psh.*

Luhan didn't accept the fact that he was somehow disappointed when he didn't see Ji Eun inside the classroom but he decided to shrug the thought away and didn't acknowledge it with fear that the thought may grow bigger. He fished out his phone from his pocket and looked at his phonebook.
He was about to click Ji Eun's name when their adviser went in, causing all of the students to scamper back on their seats and greet her a good morning so he just sighed and put it back inside his pocket.

But maybe somewhere in his heart...a part wants to see Ji Eun seated on the empty chair beside him right now...maybe...a little?

 

~:~

 

After garnishing the living room and the kitchen, Ji Eun decided to work upstairs. She was in a very good mood to clean up so she quickly did it to not let the moment pass. She carried a damp cloth and a broom as she took her steps on the stairs and when she finally reached her destination, she started to clean every single room.

It took her half an hour just to finish cleaning her and Suzy's bedroom so when she was about to enter Chanyeol's room, she realized that it was lock. She decided to twist the knob again and muttered a few words when she failed to open it.

"Oh starburst, why does he have to lock this always..." 

Sighing in defeat, she lightly kicked the door just before she could realize that there's still a slight pain in her ankle. 

"Ouch." She muttered as she sat on the floor to massage it. While doing it, she glared at the wooden door in front of her. "Curse you door."

After a minute of silent muttering all by herself, she slowly stood up and proceeded to Soo Ri's bedroom.

When she opened the door, she smelled the familiar scent that always linger through her nostrils whenever she's near beside Soo Ri. It was somehow like the scent of Jasmine. A smile crept up on her face when she saw how neat and organized her room was even though there's a hint of disappointment since she wanted to clean more. So instead of polishing Soo Ri's room, she decided to explore it instead. 

Ji Eun opened her closet and her eyes glimmered when she noticed that Soo Ri's folded clothes were arranged by colors.

"Absolutely neat," She mumbled before closing it.

Her eyes averted on a large bookshelf and she cocked her head to the side to read the titles.

'Short Guide to Hepatitis C'

'Cardiology Explained'

'Critical Care in Neurology'

'The Brain from top to Bottom'

'Clinical Anato--

"Boring...I don't even know what these are..." Ji Eun said after heaving her shoulders.

She then, saw two colorful books at the bottom of the shelf. One was pink and one was blue.

Because of curiosity, she sat on the floor and gently took out the two. A grin escaped from her lips when she saw Suzy's name on the cover of the pink book while Chanyeol's name was on the cover of the blue one. She then, realized that what she's holding are photo albums.

"Omo she's so adorable," Ji Eun said out of the blue as she scanned the pictures inside Suzy's album. Throughout that time, her smile didn't fade.

"Woow...pretty.." She mumbled again when she was only two pages away from the last one.

 

  

 

"She's so wonderful..." Ji Eun let out when she finally closed the album when her eyes suddenly glued itself on the blue one. 

A playful smirk formed on her lips as she grabbed it towards her.

When she slowly opened it, an evil laugh quietly escaped her lips and she doesn't even know why she's so excited.

After a few minutes, Ji Eun grunted. Because she was expecting that there will be a lot of funny pictures but instead, all of it are boring. Some were stolen shots while some are just random shots by himself.
She didn't even see a picture that he's wearing a large smile.

"Blah blah blah..." She muttered as she scanned every picture. She then got tired of her position so she transferred herself on Soo Ri's bed along with the blue album and after that, she continued again.

"Blahblahbl--"

She stopped from her tracks when she saw the very first picture of Chanyeol that has a smile plastered on his face. It doesn't count as a grin or a wide smile actually because it's just slight but still, Ji Eun found it handsome since all of the pictures that she saw were picture of Chanyeol with a boring expression. In that picture, Chanyeol was now grown up and that's what he looks like now. 

"Ahh...he should smile like this whenever I take a picture of him. This is better than a blank face." She mumbled and bit her lower lip when an idea formulated inside her mind. Ji Eun slowly, took out the picture from the album and put it beside her.

She let out a chuckle then proceeded to continue on scanning his album, once again, she found the pictures boring. 

"Blahblahblahbl--"

Just before she could turn to the next page, she looked closely at the top picture.
"Mpfft.." Ji Eun muffled and then after a few seconds, she was laughing like crazy. (A/N: Chanyeol looks cute here!!!)

Just before she could stop herself from laughing so hard, she glanced at the picture again and then she went back on giggling until she felt that her eyes are becoming watery.

Using her index finger, she wiped the tears on the corner of her eyes as she continued on letting out some laughters.

"Is this really him?!" She said between her cackles.

After minutes of chortling and slapping the bed, she felt her stomach hurts so she stopped herself and decided to take out the picture. 

"I'll take this too then." 

 

~:~

 

After an hour, Ji Eun laid herself on the long couch while finishing the container of ice cream that they savored last night. She was dead tired because of cleaning and not to mention, laughing. She put the container on top of the center table after emptying it out and went back to her position.

"I wonder what he's doing right now..." Ji Eun mumbled as she scanned her phone's contacts.

When she finally saw his name, her eyes glimmered while she clicked on 'call'.

 

During that moment, it was already break time and Luhan was settled on one of the tables with his friends. He took a sip from his can of Coke since he's not in the mood to eat something so he just got himself a softdrink.

"Hey, stop staring. She could melt." Sehun whispered, disturbing Luhan.

He was staring at Minah for a long while and since she was a few tables away from him, she didn't notice it and besides, she's busy chatting with her friends. 

"Whatever dude," Luhan muttered and placed the can on the table.

"Where's your girlfriend by the way?" Sehun asked, putting an exaggerated tone when he mentioned the G noun.

Luhan scrunched his eyebrows. "Please Sehun, she's not my actual girlfriend."

"Yeah yeah you're just using her but doesn't it count? Ji Eun's pretty anyway. So where is she?" 

He just shrugged. "She didn't go to school today."

"Awww for you." Sehun replied and nudged him.

Luhan ignored his friend's statement. "Nah it's okay. Besides, I want to take a break from all this pretention."

"You're such an dimwit. From all the girls in campus, why her? She's too awesome to use her in your plan." Sehun whispered before taking a bite from his burger.

Luhan disregarded his statement and took it as a joke instead. Just before he could settle his eyes again on her, he felt his phone vibrating.

With a sigh, he took it out from his pocket and realized that Ji Eun was calling. 

He clicked his tongue and debated in his mind if he should answer it but in the end, he just put it back inside his pocket and glued his eyes on Minah again.

 

~:~

 

"Okay class, you're dismissed." Mrs. Hwang, which is one of their subject teachers, announced, earning some sighs of relief from the students.

Chanyeol quickly put his notebook inside his bag and hurriedly dragged himself outside the classroom.

"What? You're not coming home with me again?" He frustratingly asked after knowing that Suzy will have a bonding time with her friends in a Bubble Tea Shop. 

Suzy let out an awkward laugh and scratched her head. "Uh..yeaaah."

"What time will you go home then?"

"Maybe three?"

Chanyeol gave her a scrutinizing look as he processed her response. "Alright. Be sure of that."

"Yey! Thank you!" Suzy chimed and walked away from him so in the end, Chanyeol rode his bike and went home alone.

 

Ji Eun was playing Angry Birds on her phone since she has nothing left to do. "Take that you pig!"

She was so into it and when she was about to release a red bird, the doorbell suddenly rang, causing her to accidentally release it without a strategic plan. 

"Argh!" Ji Eun muttered and told herself that the one who rang the doorbell needs to be shot.

With a sigh, she drearily dragged herself outside.

When she finally opened the gate, Chanyeol settled aside his bike. 

"Where's Suzy?" Ji Eun asked as she closed the gate.

"She'll be home by three." He replied and went inside while Ji Eun just tagged along.

She followed him behind as he went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. "Have you eaten?" He questioned.

"Nope." 

"It's already one o'clock and you still haven't taken your lunch." He muttered as he scratched his head.

Ji Eun didn't give a reply and just stared at him when she suddenly remembered his picture when he was a kid. With that thought of hers, she tried to stop herself from laughing but she failed, earning a questioning look from the boy.

"What're you laughing at?"

"Oh..mpft-n-mpft-othing..."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and went to the living room and settled himself on the couch while Ji Eun walked towards the dining table where she placed the two pictures a while ago.

She bit her lower lip as she stopped herself from smiling and went to where Chanyeol was.

"Hey Chanyeol," She said and took a seat beside him.

The boy just raised his brow while scanning his new messages on his phone. 

"You really look attractive here...even though it's just a slight smile." She said as she glued her eyes on the first picture.

Hearing her compliment, Chanyeol's ears perked up and then he suddenly averted his gaze to her. "Huh?"

"Here, look." The girl said and showed him the picture.

"You're good-looking huh?" Ji Eun said and smiled while wriggling her eyebrows.

Chanyeol somehow felt his cheeks flushed when he heard those words from her, causing him to not even think where did she get that picture.

He cleared his throat and gave a smirk. "Thanks,"

He was repeating her compliment inside his mind when she changed the topic.

Ji Eun inhaled deeply as she contained herself when she took the other picture.

"But in here, you absolutely look adorable." 

Chanyeol was about to smile but when he realized what the picture was, he widened his eyes and saw how Ji Eun was laughing so hard.

"Hey!" 

Just before he could grab it, Ji Eun stood up and stuck her tongue out.

The boy gave him a glare and after a few seconds, the two of them were scampering all around the room.

"GIVE ME THAT!"

"No!"

Ji Eun stopped across Chanyeol and the wide dining table was between them.

She looked at the picture again and let out a hillarious laugh, embarassing Chanyeol.

"Look at it...your ears are so big. Oh I know...You look like a goblin! PUWAHAHAHA!" 

With that statement of hers, Chanyeol clenched his fist and the two of them run around in circles as Ji Eun continued to say, 'Chanyeol is a goblin.'

After minutes of chasing, Chanyeol caught her off guard and the both of them landed on the long couch.

"Ha! Got you!" The boy shouted and started to tickle Ji Eun.

They were completely unaware that the both of them are having fun and laughter fills the room as Chanyeol continued to poke Ji Eun's stomach.

"Okay! Okay! Stop!" Ji Eun shouted in between her laughs.

Because of too much enjoyment, Ji Eun let her head fell on the armrest of the couch and before Chanyeol could knew it, their faces were just a few inches from each other, causing Chanyeol to stop himself from what he's doing.

Silence wrapped the two of them as Chanyeol got lost in the twin brown orbs of her eyes while Ji Eun, on the other hand, was completely astonished because for the first time, she intensely held his gaze and the funny thing is, she doesn't want to look away...as if she could do this for a life time and she doesn't even know why.

His eyes managed to break away from the spell of those wonderful brown orbs and travelled to her soft delicate lips. 

Its color reminds him of the pink roses that he sees every time he passes by the flower shop whenever he rides his bike...and it somehow made him curious about the feeling if ever his lips touched hers.

Realizing what he's thinking, he suddenly cleared his throat and broke away. "Uhh...um...I-I'll j-just prepare s-something to eat."

He mentally cursed himself for stuttering and quickly stood up and went to the kitchen.

Chanyeol felt his hands shivered when he held the glass to drink some water. 

He let out a deep sigh and he was sure that the beat of his heart suddenly accelerated. He inhaled deeply because he realized that throughout at just what happened, he was holding his breath.

 

While Ji Eun, on the other hand, slowly sat up and drew in some oxygen. The feeling was unusual but before she could even acknowledge that thought inside her mind, she quickly buried it by thinking of Luhan.

She was completely unaware that her cheeks were beet red.


 

Sorry, I've been finding some pictures of Chanyeol where he has a serious face but all I saw is him with a derpy expression. -.- 
So it lead me to a question.

Do you guys picture Chanyeol here in my story that has a typical guy personality? (Not as a derpy goblin or whatever)
But anyway, I had fun writing this chapter.

 

(By the way, sorry if this chapter is full of pictures.)

 

Yours with a hillarious laugh,

FindingSunshine

 

 

 

(Okay authornim, whatever, too many pictures. Happy birthday and update soon. -Ji Eun)