Re-Remembering; Review Complete

E and Ahna's Review Shop [[OPEN]]

Story: Re-Remebering by Ajitofu
Reviewed by: E
Finished: 3/25/2013


Title:

Before reading: The title is interesting, though not as eye-catching, still interesting. The reason for this maybe because it’s a one word title, but at least it’s not a mouthful. The reader will assume it’s a story focused on memories that is full of angst, pain, and hardship.

After reading: After reading the story and the conclusion, where everything is perfectly pieced together, it all makes sense and the title is just absolutely perfect for this story. This is what makes a title, where at the end of the story, the title makes absolute sense and it’s brilliantly and dramatically played out with words and memories.

Character:

Tiffany: What I enjoyed about her character is the heartache she feels about her “break-up” with Taeyeon, which never really ends up as a break up. She is truly mourning over their relationship like any person in love would. She’s broken, crying, letting herself fall deep into a hole of depression, worrying sick over Taeyeon and wondering why she just left and if she did anything wrong. She remembers all the routines Taeyeon would do, and is maybe a little obsessed with her ex. The development where she no longer cries as much and through the magic that Sooyoung has cast, she develops, watching and understanding Taeyeon more and more. She is a bit desperate to keep Taeyeon with her because she loves the woman so much.

Taeyeon: Now, I’m honestly still a bit confused on Taeyeon’s reason for wanting to break off from Tiffany, but it certainly reminds me of an episode of House where the girl who got sick was also tired of her girlfriend being around. In my opinion, note that it’s only an opinion, Taeyeon is a bit of a selfish . And we see that with her conversation with Sunny and her talking to Tiffany. With Sunny, she’s confused about her feelings, but it’s evident she doesn’t want to be around Tiffany. Then she tells Tiffany that she wants her to wait for her until she can get passed whatever is blocking her mind clearly. It’s a bit cowardly for Taeyeon to also rely on some mystical force to explain to Tiffany why she’s leaving her.

Plot:

You knew exactly what you were doing. You planned it out efficiently, connected characters well together.

Grammar:

No grammar issues I found that made it difficult to read, excellent job!

Style: 

Very easy to read, spaced out appropriately and very well done word use. No problems here. In the scene where Tiffany sees Taeyeon with Jessica, you can really feel how horrible Tiffany feels after seeing them, thinking Taeyeon really was cheating. The way you made your style is so simple, yet so powerful. For that, great work!


Overall: I highly recommend this story for anyone. It’s a bit angsty with a bittersweet ending. It’s a great read, very simple, and it really clenches your heart tight.