Disturbia

The Jerk Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sorry for the long wait! I hope you all enjoy it!

 

“Suppose that f(2) equals 3 and f’(2) equals -1, g(2) equals 5 and g’(2) equals -2. Find the derivative of the product f(x)g(x) at x equals 2,” you muttered quietly during the free period, “Why are there so many letters in math? So confusing!” You pouted and laid your head face down on the desk.

“This is confusing?” a voice called from behind you.

You sat up and turned to see Kyuhyun staring back at you with an amused expression on his face. “Like you know any better,” you fought back, “You always sleep in class!”

“You need to use the product rule.”

You raised your eyebrows and tilted your head in confusion. “There are rules?”

“We went over that last time. Who’s sleeping in class now?” he teased while writing down a formula in his notebook. He turned the sheet around so it would be easier for you to read. You leaned closer to his desk as your eyes scanned an equation on the lined paper.

“Ahh,” you replied and grabbed your workbook from your desk and turned back to Kyuhyun, “So I just have to plug in these numbers into the formula?”

“Mmm,” he nodded with sweet smile that sent a shiver down your spine. You diverted your eyes from his intense stare and continued to examine the problem in front of you.

“So the answer is -11?”

“That’s right.”

You squealed with excitement and nearly fell off the chair in the process. Luckily, you regained your balance before you fell flat on the floor. Kyuhyun gazed back at you with a curious expression. When he saw you up close, he took his time to admire your facial features. He never noticed how enticing your eyes were. How they seemed to glisten whenever you were happy or how they widened whenever you grew surprised. It was too cute for him to handle that he couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot. He seemed to be entertained that solving one math problem could cause you to become so enthusiastic as if you were four year old about to indulge in some chocolate ice cream.  

“Okay, next question,” you stated with an eager look on your face.

“I better be getting paid for this.”

You pouted. “So mean! Just when I thought you weren’t going to act like a jerk for once . . . “

“I act like a jerk?” he asked as his expression grew dim and sullen. You gazed back at him and realized that you may have hurt him with your blunt reply. Just as you were about to console him, your teacher walked into the classroom to begin class.

“Alright everyone, settle down!” Mrs. Kang stated. You sighed and turned around in your seat as your teacher began her lecture.

He’s not the type to think too much into it right?

 After class, Hyo Jin claimed that she couldn’t walk home with you since she had to help the homecoming committee prepare for the dance in a few weeks. You placed the remainder of your books in your locker and slung your back pack over your shoulder when you felt a presence behind you. You immediately turned around while jamming your elbows into the lockers. Flinching with pain, you squinted trying to identify the person in front of you.

“Gosh Kyuhyun! Do you have to scare me like that?”

He chuckled and handed your book to you. “Giving it back just like I promised. I am a man of my word.”

You rolled your eyes and placed the book into your backpack and walked towards the exit. You felt him walk beside and you immediately stood still.

“What a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter