The Cho Family

The Jerk Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thank you to everyone who supported me with this story, including all the silent readers!!! I really appreciate it. I love reading all your comments and thank you so much for the upvotes! Enjoy the new chapter guys!

 

You groaned and buried your face in your pillow. “I don’t want to go!” you whined, tossing and turning on your bed.

“Yah! Would you stop whining already?” Siwon’s voice echoed from your cell phone, “Its only dinner. It will be over before you know it.”

You sighed and walked over to your closet. You lazily skimmed though your clothes, wondering what to wear for the evening. Maybe a plain shirt and some jeans? Let’s face it. You weren’t trying to impress them or anything. But then again, your mom might throw a tantrum. You groaned once more in frustration.

“What is it now?” Siwon chuckled.

“I don’t know what to wear!”

“Why don’t you wear that blue dress? Remember the one you wore during my birthday last year?”

Your face immediately brightened up after his suggestion. You dug through the back of your closet and pulled out your dress. It was a sapphire blue cocktail dress with gorgeous lacework on the bodice and the sleeves.

“Oh yeah. How do you remember Siwon? Your birthday was a while ago!”

Siwon immediately grew flustered. In all honesty, he paid no attention to anyone that day. His eyes were only on you even though you had no idea. It was the first time he saw you dressed up and he couldn’t believe how beautiful you looked. He always thought you looked pretty every day at school but he was in complete awe when he saw you during this birthday. Your subtle makeup highlighted your best facial features and the dress brought out your lovely brown eyes.

“Uhh . . . your dress was kind of bright so I guess remember,” he replied awkwardly.

You giggled. “Thanks Siwon. I guess I will wear it.”  You hung up the phone and started to put on your make up.

Meanwhile, Siwon groaned as soon as the call ended. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and yelled into his pillow. “Your dress was bright? Why the hell would you say something stupid like that? I could just die! JUST DIE!”

 

You stood beside your mom and dad at the porch of the Cho residence. Within a few seconds after ringing the doorbell, a petite young lady opened the door and greeted you and your parents with a hug.

“You must be our neighbors! I am Mrs. Cho,” she exclaimed, “It is so nice to finally meet you! Come on in!” You smiled and walked indoors while tightly gripping the bowl of spicy chicken stew in your hands. You prayed to God that this evening would move as quickly as possible and you wouldn’t make a fool of yourself.

“Let me take this from your hands dearie,” Mrs. Cho stated sweetly while gently removing the heavy weight off your hands. She placed the chicken stew on the kitchen counter and offered your parents some champagne. At that moment, a young man walked into the kitchen and joined the group. By his tall stature and mischievous eyes, you knew this had to be Kyuhyun’s father. Your parents and Mr. and Mrs. Cho seemed to get along with one another quite well. You had to admit that they were completely opposite from their son who strutted arrogantly through the school as if he was the King of Korea.

“Baby, come down here!” Mrs. Cho exclaimed from the bottom of the staircase.

“Aish Omma!” you heard a voice reply back which you knew belonged to Kyuhyun. You giggled. So Mr. Arrogant’s nickname at home is “Baby.” How interesting.

“Oh sweetie, I love your dress,” Mrs. Cho stated pointing at you.

You smiled softly and lowered your gaze to the floor since you didn’t really like being the center of attention. “Thank you,” you replied slowly when a hustle of footsteps came rushing down the staircase. You swiftly turned around to see Kyuhyun at the ent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter