Fear

The Jerk Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update! I have been so busy with school! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 

Kyuhyun walked silently through the darkened alleys which were only lit up by the faint moonlight. A soft breeze rushed through the streets causing him to shiver slightly from the cold sensation. His fingers trembled and he tightly gripped the bouquet of flowers in his hand. When he finally reached the house he was searching for, he stopped before the front yard and gazed at the small, white pavement which led up to the front steps. He took a deep breath before taking another step.

It’s either now or never.

Kyuhyun rang the doorbell and took a step back. His heart suddenly began to beat rapidly. A girl with black, shoulder length hair, milky white skin, and a piercing gaze which resembled an ice princess walked out of the house. Her eyes scanned Kyuhyun from head to toe and she awkwardly shuffled from side to side.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun whispered, “How are you?”

“What are you doing here?” the girl asked bluntly, not even bothering to gaze back at him.

“A friend told me it is the 21st birthday,” he replied holding out the bouquet of flowers towards her.

The girl scoffed. “A friend? Since when do you ever forget a birthday?”

Kyuhyun smiled. “Well, at least you remember Krystal.”

Krystal folded her arms and took a step back without taking the flowers which were offered to her. Kyuhyun sighed softly, since he expected this to happen. A small twinge shot through his heart, yet he maintained his composure.

“What are you doing here Kyuhyun?” she asked again, “Just because you bring flowers doesn’t mean it’s going to change anything.”

“It was the past, Krystal. Can we please forget about it?”

“You think this is easy for me? I am trying so hard to move on! Please just go, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and lowered his gaze to the ground. It was quite obvious that no matter how hard he tried, she wasn’t going to budge from her stance. Krystal stepped back indoors and was about to shut the door when she lastly stated, “Don’t come here anymore. And don’t bother me or my family ever again.”

She shut the door in his face, leaving Kyuhyun all alone in the cold, dark night.

 

The entire time during class, you refused to turn back in your seat. You just couldn’t, especially after you found out that Kyuhyun had committed a crime. To make the entire situation even more ridiculous, your parents informed you that they would be leaving to the countryside this weekend, so you would have to stay over with the Cho family. You couldn’t even handle walking in the same school as him, how were you supposed to stay in the same house? For the entire day you refused to even make any sort of eye contact with him whatsoever. Whenever you had to pass assignments to the back, you simply held the papers behind your head hoping that he would take it. It didn’t take a genius to figure this out but he obviously noticed. Every time he gazed at you, your eyes quickly diverted somewhere else. Whenever you noticed him approaching you from your peripheral vision, you quickly turned the opposite direction and walked away. If only you could avoid him forever. Unfortunately, you had dance practice that evening and he was bound to show up as well.

Hyunseang, your dance instructor, gathered the class together before practice. “Alright guys, I have some great news. Our dance school was chosen to represent the district in the 53rd Annual Dance Festival next month.”

A loud pandemonium broke through the room as the entire group began chatting amongst one another about the news. Donghae nearly fell back on his chair from the shock of this update.

“Are you serious?” a girl asked.

“We have to practice a lot harder because I heard talent scouts will be there!” another girl exclaimed.

“What dance are we going to perform?” one of your sunbae’s interrogated.

“Settle down everyone!” Hyunseang implored, “I have thought about what we could perform for a while. Honestly, the other dance schools participating generally perform one dance after another but I think it would be good if we could incorporate some sort of storyline into it.”

“Like a musical?” Donghae asked.

“Yes, except we are going to be acting through dancing not singing.”

“Ahhh, that seems too hard though,” a girl whined.

“No pain, no gain,” Hyunseang replied back, “I have already divided you up into teams so Kathy, Jen, Catherine, Jane, and Mia are in one group and you will be performing something probably from the pop genre. I haven’t figured out who will be doing hip hop yet but the Tango and Waltz will be done by the two teams. First team is Donghae and Hana and the second team will be Soo Mi and Kyuhyun.”

Your mouth immediately fell wide open. Could this day get any worse? This was the first time since you and Donghae were placed into separate teams for a performance since your instructor typically considered you two to be the best in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter