School

The Jerk Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I missed you! I can't believe I reached 168 subscribers and 13 votes with the first chapter! Thank you all so much for your support! I really appreciate it! I wish I could do more for you guys than just updating because I really feel grateful. I finally updated just like I promised! Yayyy!!! Please do offer your thoughts after reading! Enjoy! 

Thank you to ✯ ✯ ❋ B A E K N E E poster shop ❋ ✯ ✯ for this chapter poster! :)

You stretched your arms to the ceiling as you heard your mother’s shrill cry from the kitchen the next morning. If you spent another five more minutes sprawling around on the bed, you wouldn’t be surprised if she barged upstairs with a wooden spoon in her hand, ready to smack your bottom. Sitting upright, you tied your messy bed hair into a bun and rushed to bathroom to get ready. After jumping into some comfortable shorts and a pink chiffon blouse, you quickly brushed your hair and pounced over your bed to grab your backpack.

Upon the bedside table, you noticed the picture you had taken with your brother at the amusement park. You smiled. It had been awhile since you had last seen him. Your mother raised your older brother with a strict disciplinary style, mostly because he was the eldest and because your father lacked talent in the parental skills area and tended to be more of a kid himself. It only seemed plausible that she continued this style with you as well, but she was never as stern as she was with Changmin. Since you were the only daughter and the youngest, your family was quite fond of you.

Your brother always had a talent and love for music and you were well aware of that. There came nights when he would sneak out of the house in order to participate in various rock concerts with his band since he knew his mother would disapprove.

But then, one rainy Friday afternoon, his dream finally came true. You distinctly remember him racing down the stony pathway to the front door while frantically waving a piece of mail in his hand.

“Yah I got in!” he exclaimed, “I got into Seoul Music Academy!” You were overjoyed for your brother that you immediately pounced into his arms and embraced him tightly.

“Oppa, I am so proud of you!” you exclaimed and placed a chaste kiss on his cheek, “I knew you could do it!”

He immediately wriggled from your grasp after your overly enthusiastic display of affection. No matter how hard he resisted, you continued pinching his cheeks and puckering your lips since you knew that this annoyed him the most.

“Aish! Haven’t I told you not to kiss me in public!”

“Aigoo, don’t run away from the love oppa!”

“Yah! Get off! My friends are right outside!”

You pouted and then peeked over his shoulder to see the rest of his band laughing their heads off. You smiled. Knowing his friends, they were definitely going to about this for all eternity. But despite how much you tortured him, he loved you nonetheless.

Unfortunately, that blissful moment was ruined after your mother found out. She was distraught. Changmin, however, never backed down. For the first time in his life, he actually stood up from behind his mother’s shadow and made it clear that this was what he wanted to do for the rest of his life. It took months of convincing, but finally, she agreed. However, you could tell from the look in her eyes and the tone in her voice when he would come to visit during the holidays that she didn’t fully support him. Through her experience with your brother, she became overly protective of you.

“Oppa, I really miss you! Come home soon okay?” you kissed the photo and placed it back onto the table. Checking the time, you noticed that you had only 15 minutes left before the first bell rang. You panicked and raced downstairs.

“Soo Mi, you have to eat something before you go!” your father exclaimed before you darted out the door. You groaned and stuffed a piece of toast in your mouth and grabbed a granola bar from the counter.

“Aish, look at this crazy girl eat,” you mother proclaimed while making some scrambled eggs, “How are you ever going to get married?”

“Why would I need to anyway?” you stated in the midst of chewing the reminder of the bread and chugging down some orange juice.

“So I can get some grandchildren!”

“Omma, I don't have to be married to give you grandchildren!” you replied mischievously.

“Aish, this naughty girl! Yeobo, did you hear the way she was talking to me? Aigoo! I am going to grow so much white hair with all this stress!"

You giggled at the mini morning chaos you just created while your father simply chuckled. Before any more drama could pursue, you skipped out the door and stepped out into the sidewalk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter