Prologue: New Neighbors

The Jerk Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hello my lovelies! Are you all surprised at a new chapter? hehe First of all, I cant believe reached 63 subbies with just the Foreword! Thank you guys! I really appreciate it so I decided to write a Prologue for all of you. Hope you all enjoy it and I hope everyone had a happy new year! :)

 

First impressions can never truly reveal a person's true character. But in all honesty, it's human nature to judge people before getting to know them. Someone perceived to be the rudest guy could ironically turn out to be the sweetest person on Earth. Well, this wasn't true in your case though.  In fact, it turned out to be the complete opposite.

It all started two weeks before your spring vacation was coming to a close. That was when you heard frequent chatter dissipating from the front yard of the inhabited house next door. Sealed cardboard boxes were scattered across the sidewalk. A few men struggled to carry the bulky and sophisticated pieces of furniture into the house. This could only mean one thing: someone was moving in.

Eager to discover who your new neighbors might be, you quickly grabbed a pair of binoculars from the wooden chest at the base of your bed, pulled back the drapes framing the cozy window seat and kneeled upon the plushy cushions to spy on your neighbors. A young lady stepped out of the luxury car accompanied by a handsome man. You squinted your eyes through the lens in order to get a good look at their facial features. The couple was definitely good looking but unfortunately, they weren't the neighbors you had hoped for. Truthfully, you yearned for someone around your age who shared the same interests as you did to move in. Ever since your best friend, Hyo Jin moved a few miles away from you, you desperately wanted a friend with whom you could hang out with the weekends without having to nag Hyo Jin to take a bus to come over. She would occasionally visit, but most of the time it was only if –

"Changmin oppa!" a voice rang through your room as the door swung open. You rolled your eyes and continued scanning through your neighbor’s lawn without a care in the world. You didn't have to turn back to confirm who it was.

"What are you doing here?" you muttered as you saw a shadow appear from your peripheral vision.

"Yah, is that anyway to greet your best friend?" Hyo Jin asked adjusting her pink hair band while skipping over to your side, "So did oppa come yet? I didn’t see him downstairs so I thought he might be here nagging his little sister!" She squealed like an overjoyed 5-year-old girl on Christmas, clasped her hands together and gazed dreamily at the blue sky.

You scoffed and flicked her forehead. "Yah, you call yourself my best friend? You only come over to drool over my brother!"

"It's not my fault your brother is too daft to pick up all the hints I am dropping," she whined folding her arms to her chest, "What else does he expect me to do?"

You couldn't help but chuckle at your friend's behavior. It was always like this with her. Ever since she laid eyes on your brother, Changmin, she fell desperately in love with him. It was crazy to the point where she would pester you on details about his ideal type, his favorite color, and his favorite food. In fact, the main reason she was good at cooking was because she dedicated the past two years to learn exquisite Korea dishes in hopes that one day she could cook for him. This girl basically lives and breathes Changmin.

"Well he isn't here," you stated with a smile plastered on your face.

"Eh? You told me he was coming today!"

"Well I had to say something to get you to come over! He is going to come after a few days." you replied chuckling.

Hyo Jin groaned. "What the heck are you doing? Don’t tell me you are spying!”

“Relax. I just want to know what type of neighbors we have moving in.

“But still, spying on other people. That is definitely not you, Shim Soo Mi!”

“I know, isn’t this ironic? Usually, you would be the one with the binoculars spying on my brother!”

“I never did that!”

“You watched him while he was sleeping! THAT IS CREEPY!”

“Yah, just you wait! One day when you fall in love, you are going to be doing some crazy things too.”

You scoffed. “Me? Crazy? I don’t think s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter