Secrets

The Jerk Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. Hope you all enjoy it!

 

You walked into the dining room with a dazed expression on your face. As you approached the tall, white sliding doors, you heard soft whispers accompanied by a few chuckles on the other side. Stunned, you gently pushed the doors open and walked in. The room was small but spacious enough for both families. A beautiful, white tablecloth adorned the table and a gorgeous, glass sculpture was used as the centerpiece. While your father and Mr. Cho were busy with their own conversation at one end of the table, your mother began praising Kyuhyun.

“Honestly, your son is such a gentleman, taking care of my daughter like that. So sweet!” your mother exclaimed.

Your whole body became paralyzed after hearing her words. She must have seen what happened in the kitchen. The last thing you ever wanted is getting caught being intimate with Kyuhyun. You shuddered at the thought. No way will you ever let that happen!

Your eyes traveled to the empty seat at the table. Unfortunately, that seat was right in front of Kyuhyun. You sighed since you had no other choice but to sit there. After taking your seat, you slowly glanced up and realized that Kyuhyun was staring directly at you. When he noticed your red cheeks, he smirked, proud that he had that much of an effect on you. Determined to break free from his spellbinding hold, you shifted your attention to the spicy, braised chicken on your plate.

Just ignore him. It’s only for today then everything will go back to normal.

During dinner, you only spoke when you were asked a question and didn’t make any attempt to start a conversation. The sooner you were out of there, the better. You wished Siwon or Hyo Jin was here. That way, you wouldn’t feel awkward or completely out of place. Suddenly, your phone began to vibrate and you noticed that Donghae had texted you.

Donghae: Are you having fun at dinner, Soo Mi? I hope you are miserable after you left me alone today!

Sent 6:45pm

You giggled and quickly texted him back.

You: Yah! It’s not like I want to be here! Are you really that upset? I will buy you some Dukboki!!

Sent 6:46pm

Donghae: YES! FREE FOOD! Is it really that bad there?

Sent 6:46pm

You: I just want to leave as soon as possible.

Sent 6:47pm

Donghae: You can come over to my place and cuddle with me. Hehehe

Sent 6:48pm

You:  Uhhh . . . . I think I will pass on that!

Sent 6:49pm

Donghae: Ouch. That really hurt! :(

Sent 6:50 pm

You chuckled while stuffing another piece of chicken in your mouth. Mr. and Mrs. Cho continued talking to your parents so they didn’t really notice that you were on your phone most of the time. You had find something to do to dissipate the awkwardness at the dinner table.

Just as you were about to text Donghae back, you crossed your legs to get more comfortable while brushing against something in the process. You paid no attention to it and continued staring at your phone. That was when you felt it. A foot gently brushed against your own while sensually traveling up your bare legs until it reached your knees. The sudden form of intimacy sent a shiver down your spine. When you glanced up, you noticed Kyuhyun staring back at you with that infamous smirk on his face. He subtly winked at you causing your face to turn b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter