Chapter 6

You Make Me Fall In Love, Be Responsible!

Shin Hye ran to catch up with Eun Jung. ‘Are you going to be ok? You really look not good, friend.’ She grabbed her.

            ‘I don’t even know he’s one of Oppa’s friends. Why didn’t he tell anything to me? And did you see his expression? It’s like he didn’t do anything wrong. Like innocence is his best friend.’

            ‘Listen, you’re probably stressed right now. Why don’t you calm down first? Give me your car key. I’ll drive you home. Or if you don’t want to go home, why don’t we stop by Boram-unni’s shop?’

           

At the Florist’s

            As soon as they entered the shop, the scents of flower overwhelmed them. Eun Jung was healed at once. They were greeted by Boram who was preparing a bouquet for a customer.

            ‘Hyo Min-ah, your friends are here.’ Boram smiled at them. ‘Eun Jung, Shin Hye, have you had dinner? If not, join us. Today, I’ve made Chicken kabi. For now, just go up to Hyo Min’s room. I think she can’t hear me. I’ll call when I’m finished laying dinner.’

            ‘Thank you, Boram unni.’ Shin Hye said. ‘I really want to eat Chicken kabi.’

            ‘If you want any hand to prepare dinner, call me. I don’t want to cause any burden, unni.’ Eun Jung said to Boram and the two went upstairs.

           

 

At Golden World gourmet restaurant

            Several special dishes were laid out on the table. There was soft music floating in the air. Dim light from the ceiling added to the serenity of the place. The five friends were happily eating their meals. It had been a while they had an opportunity like this meeting.

            They became friends at the first day of freshman year of College. Until now, they got in touch with one another although they couldn’t meet now and then.

            ‘So, you guys are now together at Uni again. It’s like I’ve been left out.’ Seung Gi told the others.

            Chang Min let out a laugh. ‘Don’t be sad, my fri. I’ll find a girl for you so that you won’t feel lonely.’

            ‘Huh, it seems like a pot calling a kettle black. Do you have a girlfriend, Changmin?’ Yoo Chun said to Changmin as he knew he did not have one.

            ‘What? Yoo Chun, are you boasting because you’ve a girlfriend. Don’t be so sure, my friend. Eun Hye-unni will leave you as there are many guys after her who are more good-looking than you.’ Chang min retorted him.

             Yoo Chun playfully strangulated Chang min and said, ‘Yaah, she is very faithful unlike other girls who left you. So, don’t be jealous.’

             Jun Su interrupted, ‘And don’t forget, my friend. I also have one. She will never leave me.’

             Seung Gi tried to change the conversation for Jae Joong was just drinking gin silently. ‘My mom is planning a blind date for me. She said I’m old enough to get married. Please help me, what do I do?’

             ‘Like I said, get a girlfriend.’ Chang Min was pretty drunk, talking anything he wants. And then, he fell asleep on the table.

             Seung Gi lay him on a sofa, covering him with his jacket. ‘I’m not joking. Seriously, I don’t want to marry anyone. Also, when I get married, I’ll with the one I love.’

             The fact that Jae Joong was silent all the time was because he was thinking of Eun Jung. ‘Why can’t I get her out of my head? Besides, she’s now Seung Gi’s sister. Could this be just coincidence or Fate? I’m always trying to compare YoonAh and her. What is exactly tricking my vision?’

             Jae Joong was shaken in his shoulders by Jun Su. ‘Jae Joong, are you alright? You are lost in your thoughts. What are you thinking?’

             ‘Nothing,’ Jae Joong shifted in his chair uneasily as if he was caught red-handed. ‘What time is it? Oh my goodness, it’s already midnight. It’s time we called off today. Let’s meet another time, Seung Gi, before you go overseas again.’

            ‘Okay, my friends. Thanks for today. Don’t forget to make a call if you guys have free time.’ Seung Gi shook Chang Min and said, ‘Get up now, the party’s over.’

 

            The next few weeks passed away quickly as everyone was busy with routine schedules. As for Uni students, second semester exam was drawing near before they knew it. Thus, even close friends of Eun Jung could not get together like before. They were as busy as bees preparing for that exam and had much stress than usual. Everytime they meet up coincidentally, all they could say was how they had so much left to study and how much stress they were suffering. And then, day consumes hour, week beats day and month eats week subsequently.

 

            ‘Miss…Miss Eun Jung, please wake up now. You are wanted by the Master immediately. Please…’ Eun Jung heard pleading to her as she was sleeping in bed. Something struck her first thing that she was called Miss and who is the Master??? In spite of being sleepy, she struggled to get up to see who was destroying her beauty sleep. What’s even odder was she did not know the girl who was standing at the foot of the bed wearing like a maid. Okay, this was weird.

            ‘Excuse me. But who are you? And why are you standing here and begging me to get up? And why am I the Miss & who is the Master…’ She let out a series of questions without giving the girl time to answer. ‘Wait. Where am I? This is not my room.’ She tried to get herself a clear head so she could recollect what happened. But she could not think of anything.

            The girl smiled and said, ‘Miss Eun Jung, you are the wife of the Master who is the owner of this mansion and also one of the millionaires of this country. So now will you please get ready so He won’t be waiting for you too long?’

            She was literally dragged by the girl while she tried to process the information given which made absolutely nonsense. After ten minutes, she was changed into a princess-like dress that was lavender color, made of silk and long upto knee-length.

            Until now, she could not utter a word. To tell the truth, she did not think this was the reality. ‘Yes, I’ll rouse myself from this ridiculous dream.’ She pinched her own cheek. ‘Ahh.’ But nothing was changed except her hurting, now redden cheek.

            ‘Miss, you are done. He is staying in the dining room to eat breakfast with you. If you are done, will you please proceed there? May be he is angry for your taking long time.

            ‘Okay, I’ll play along for now. Let’s see who’ll win in the end.’ Eun Jung thought she was pranked by a hidden camera.

            ‘But I don’t know where this dining room is. Would you mind guiding me there?’ She beamed with all her might to the girl.

             ‘Of course not. It’ll be my pleasure.’ They both stepped out of the room.

             On the way to the dining room, Eun Jung passed through several rooms that looked exactly the same form. This place looked like a palace. ‘Am I really married to the King?’ She became to doubt herself.

              Finally, they arrived to the destiny after a long walk.

             ‘Let me excuse myself, Miss.’ The girl left her at the entrance of the dining room.

              Eun Jung entered the room with a heavy heart which is fluttering like a bird’s wings. ‘Please, please, let me awake from this dream.’ She kept muttering to herself.

              She saw a man in a black tuxedo looking out the window. His hair low cut, his body like athlete, his height about six feet two, his posture looked more like a mannequin even from the back view.

              Like a slow, antique movie, the play began to show one scene after another.

              The man turned his head to her.

              ‘Oh my god, this is the man I’ve been dreading to see and here I am seeing this man again. What is going on? May be I’ve got to see a psychiatrist.’

               Guess what? Yes, He is none other than Jae Joong.

              Jae Joong looked at her from head to toe and gave a smirk which is like a satisfactory one.

              ‘My love, what took you so long? I’ve been waiting here like an eternity.’ He walked to her in hurried steps, opening his arms to her.

              Eun Jung, feeling afraid, walked back from him step by step. She could do nothing apart from blaming her misfortune. All she wanted was to be waken from this unrealistic event. She was trembling with anxiety.

              ‘Oh, are you crossed because I’ve woken you from your sleep. I just want to eat with you before I go to work. Is that too much? If so, please forgive me for my greed. I can’t help myself without watching your face once.’

              Eun Jung stared back to his face and enquired, ‘Who are you?’

              Jae Joong looked shocked and a shadow of sadness crossed over his face. ‘Why, my love. I’m Jae Joong, of course. We’ve been married like two months and yet you’re talking to me like a stranger. I’m sad, really.’

             ‘But I don’t recall anything for things like getting married and having a husband as in you! No, it can’t be. The last time I checked, I was studying in my room for the exam peacefully. This morning, I was greeted by a girl-like maid and the next, you! Please tell me it’s a dream. And get me home.’ She was about to cry out loud.

             He was giving her a tender loving smile as a mother to her child.

             ‘You know, I can make you remember everything.’

              With these words, he approached her, held her arms with his hands, planted a soft yet sweet kiss on her forehead. At that moment, she did not understand why she was closing her eyes tightly. That one kiss drained out all energy from her body. The environment around them began to swivel out of control.

             Just when she was about to push him away, she heard a voice calling. ‘Eun Jung-ah, Eun Jung-ah.’

             ‘Hold on. This is my mother’s voice.’ Then, she was shaken in her shoulders.

              As soon as Eun Jung opened her eyes, her mother was looking at her with concern. ‘Are you having a bad dream? You are talking continuously and trembling the whole body.

              She noticed she was sweating like a pig. ‘No, mom, I’m not. I’m alright. I was dreaming about the exam.’

              ‘Ok, if you say so. Wash yourself and come down. Your father is waiting for you to have breakfast together.’

               ‘Yes, mom.’

               When her mother left her room, she sighed with relief.

               ‘Oh man, I’m in trouble.’

 

 

 

Hi, I again wrote a new chapter. Today, I added JaeJung moment. I don't know if you like it. Thanks for reading^^