Chapter 10

You Make Me Fall In Love, Be Responsible!

Seung Gi was waiting for Eun Jung in his office when she kicked open the door and barged in.

            He jumped out of the skin by her recklessness because he was too concentrated on reading further projects concerning the company.

            ‘Eun Jung, are you crazy? Can’t you knock the door before you open it? What’s the matter?’

            ‘Oppa, are you a fool? Or are you simply a blind?’ She was too frustrated to say anything sensible. ‘Ahh, I’m too suffocated. I don’t know what to do with you.’

            ‘Yaah, what happened? Say something appropriate. I don’t understand any word you’ve said to me.’

            ‘With whom did you go to that sushi cavery?’ She tried to calm down as much as possible and asked him. ‘And whom did you meet there?’

            ‘Umm,’ He thought hard and then said, ‘Ah, I forgot to tell you, Eun Jung. I think you’ll have to be a bridesmaid for my wedding. I’m going to be engaged soon and the wedding later.’ He told her faking a happy face but deep inside being so sad. ‘And I met Shin Hye. Why?’

            Her anger was escalating like a tide. ‘Aish, I can’t believe you. Listen, what do you think of Shin Hye? I hate betraying my best friend, but I can’t swallow the secret any longer.’

            He was momentarily mortified for a split second.

            ‘But of course, she’s like a sister to me. I still don’t get it. What’re you trying to say? Please say slowly and clearly.’

            She shouted at him, unable to keep her anger.

            ‘Oppa, you’re dumb. You don’t even deserve to be a Harvard graduate. She likes you. No. She loves you, oppa. Damn it. I don’t want to destroy my friend’s dignity. But I can’t help it.’ She was too angry to keep Shin Hye’s crush secret to herself. She was apologizing to her friend silently in her mind. ‘I’m sorry, Shin Hye-ah.’

            ‘So, oppa, fix it. Ok. If you don’t feel the same for her, please consider carefully and answer to me.’

            As shocked as he was, he knew nothing to utter any word. He was thinking hard. ‘That little girl has a thing for me. Why am I feeling so happy? Thank you, Eun Jung-ah.’

             Eun Jung also was feeling sorry for Shin Hye and did not know what to do next. She turned to Seung Gi who was being so quiet and said, ‘Oppa, she still doesn’t know I’m here to meet you. She doesn’t ask me to confess her feelings. She is not a cheap girl, you know that, right?’

            ‘And I hope you don’t treat her like crap. Bye, I’m going, oppa.’ Despite feeling downhearted because of her friend, Eun Jung felt so light as she felt she had removed the burden from shoulders. She was really hoping their relationship would blossom in the near future.

            She left Seung Gi’s room hurriedly for she was feeling nervous and uncomfortable, leaving him in thoughts.

 

            Seung Gi contacted neither Eun Jung nor Shin Hye for a few days. Eun Jung was praying everyday for his decision.

            On the other hand, Shin Hye was hanging out with every boy who came to claim her love. She was one of the well-known beauties in the Uni, and so she was becoming popular more than before. Now in the campus, wherever she went, boys surrounded her like bodyguards. She was also flirting with them like she was suggesting they had a chance now.

            Eun Jung was having downcast for her and tried to persuade her but to no avail.

 

In a period of Forensic branch

            Assistant lecturer, Han Hyo Joo, was giving a lecture about Forensic ethics and principles. After that lecture, she announced a project.

            ‘I almost forgot to tell you. As the semester is coming to an end, you are going to be supervised by one demonstrator for a group of five students. And you are to do a project of your own group and present it at final year-end seminar. Are you all clear?’

            ‘Yeah.’

            Some students were showing anxiety while others were delighted for the project.

            ‘Which group you are in will be posted on the notice board later this evening. Make sure to meet your own demonstrator after looking at the notice. The class ends here. Good luck,’ Hyo Joo departed from the class room.

            Shin Hye exclaimed in happiness, ‘Wow, what a change! We get to know other guys too. Yay, I’m too happy.’

            Eun Jung looked at her and said, ‘Shin Hye-ah, please don’t be like this. Please don’t punish yourself . You’re not to be blamed. It’s all because of oppa.’

            Shin Hye narrowed her big eyes and said to her, ‘But I’m really glad that we can make friends with others too. I hope we’re in the same group, Eun Jung-ah. Let’s go look at the group list together, ok?’

            After that, Shin Hye picked up her bag and her heel out of the classroom. A guy named Jung Yong Hwa called out for her name and followed her. She stopped for him and they cheerfully walked together, talking to each other.

            Eun Jung could just look at their backs and sighed heavily.

 

In the Evening

            All the students who took Forensic branch gathered in front of the notice board. They were ablaze with excitement to know under which supervisor they were to be.

            Eun Jung and Shin Hye struggled to glimpse at the list. After a few minutes, they managed to reach before the list. They scanned the names and they yelled with glee as they were in the same group. Eun Jung’s eyes widened with surprise after she had read the supervisor’s name. ‘Oh, it’s Jae Joong sir. What a coincidence! I didn’t expect it coming.’ She mumbled under her breath.

            ‘What did you say, Eun Jung? I can’t hear you.’ Shin Hye spoke to her a little loudly since it was noisy with all the students shouting around them.

            ‘Look, our supervisor is Jae Joong sir.’ Eun Jung pointed to the name. ‘Come, let’s go meet him.’ She led the way to the teachers’ room.

            ‘Eun Jung, what to do! It’s him. You’re going to be uncomfortable.’

            ‘He’s not that bad.’

            ‘What? What’re you talking about? Can’t you remember the incident?

            ‘I think we’ve mistaken about him. I’ve asked Oppa and he said he’s not that kind of person. Also, he’s helped me with my thesis too.’

            ‘Girl, I’m going to need a lot of explanations. You didn’t tell me anything.’ Shin Hye pretended to glare at her angrily.

            Thus, Eun Jung clarified everything regarding Jae Joong. She just wanted to brighten her friend’s mood and took her mind of Seung Gi.

 

Am I too late? I'm so sorry. I've been too busy these days. I'm really trying to keep my promise. And I'll write JaeJung moments as much as I can. Thanks for reading^^