Chapter 12

You Make Me Fall In Love, Be Responsible!

            Just when Jae Joong was setting foot on the platform infront of the restaurant, the rain started to pour out. It was so heavy that he could not even find the way on the pavement. He ran as fast as he can, taking care not to bang on the passengers at the same time. As time passes on, he began to be worried of Eun Jung more than before.

            ‘Eun Jung-ah, please don’t do anything crazy. I’m worried to death now. Please show up before me.’ He was soaked with rain and felt the shivers coming from his core to the peripheries. But he did not care for it. He kept praying and praying for Eun Jung to appear before him.

            At that time, he saw a figure walking in the rain alone. She had neither umbrella nor raincoat.

            ‘She must be Eun Jung.’

            He made a dash for her straightaway. He turned her around and when he saw who she was, he could not be any happier.

            He exhaled, ‘Oh, thank god. Eun Jung-ah, what are you thinking, wandering in the wet like this?’

            She was also soaking wet with just cotton top and bottom and no cardigan. He noticed chills and rigors from her shoulders. He could not tell whether it was because of the rain or because she was crying. Whatever it was, her face wore a withered look.

            ‘Jae Joong sasanim.’

            He dragged her towards the nearest tree and stayed under it for the rain cover. Then, he pulled her in close and held her. Surprisingly, she leaned against his chest and rested her head on his shoulder. He patted on her back and told her, ‘It’s gonna be okay. Don’t think about anything else. You have me.’ He continued to say things to comfort her.

            Eun Jung then wept buckets and she could not even care for Jae Joong. Amazingly, he did not feel stranger to her. He was like her guardian who took care of her in trouble. She gained safety and security under his protection.

            ‘Go on, have a good cry,’ he said, her hair.

            For dinner get-together, Chang Min reserved a private room at an expensive restaurant as he wanted to impress his crush, Ji Hyo. When Jae Joong left that room to receive a phone call from his father’s butler, his eyes involuntarily fixed on Eun Jung sitting at the corner and looking intense. In front of her sat a man who may be the same age as her. His instincts told him that she was in discomfort with that man. Unintentionally, he went there in silence and hid behind the tower and listened to their conversation though he knew it was unethical.

            From the look of it, he could see she still had unresolved feeling for that man. But that guy was speaking imprudently and showed disregard to her. That was why he decided to step in her business. He could not let her suffer again. He would also see the guy was a play-boy.

            It was Eun Jung who first broke the embrace and stepped back to look properly at Jae Joong. ‘Sir, I’m sorry if it was inconvenient. I couldn’t control my emotions. I apologize.’

            ‘Why should you apologize? You did nothing wrong. I’m glad I can be of someone useful to you.’

            The rain that was pouring dogs and cats stopped abruptly. Only the platform was splattered with water.

            Jae Joong said, ‘Oh, the rain has stopped. So, what do you want to do? I’ll drive you home. Wait here. I’ll borrow Chang Min’s car and come to you.’

            ‘I’m fine, sir. I’ll just ride the bus.’

            ‘But I’m not fine. Your clothes are all wet. I’ll drive you. Just wait.’ Jae Joong ran back to the restaurant.

 

In the car

            ‘Sir, I don’t want to go home. My mom will be questioning me about my state like this. Will you please take me to Shin Hye’s?’

            ‘All right. Tell me the address.’ Jae Joong tried to look normal and did not attempt to ask her any questions in spite of dying to do so. He wanted the details about the man and her relationship.

            ‘Eun Jung-ah, if you want someone to confide in, I’ll be willing to do so. You’re welcome anytime, ok?’

            ‘I’m grateful for what you did to me, sir. I’ll remember.’

            The drive took about twenty minutes to reach Shin Hye’s house. He opened the door for her and said farewell.

            ‘Forget about everything and get your beauty sleep. Tomorrow, we have to discuss about the seminar. So it won’t be good if your head is not clear. Got it?’ Jae Joong said to her.

            Shin Hye came down from her house and opened the entrance door for her. ‘Oh, annyeseyo, sir.’ She bowed to him.

            ‘Shin Hye-ssi, I’ll leave her to you. Good night.’ He beamed at her and drove the car away.

            ‘Eun Jung-ah, what’s going on? Did you catch rain? Come inside quickly and change into dry clothes.’

             Eun Jung said no words and followed her. She was so weak to speak anything. After changing, she lied down on the bed Shin Hye had prepared for her and said thanks to her. She immediately fell asleep and noticed nothing any more.

 

The next morning at the campus

            Each and every group was sitting at their respective seats and discussed about the seminar. They all wanted the best for their own group. But Eun Jung herself could not participate in the project as much as she wanted since she was feeling unwell. She composed herself not to let others notice her unwellness.

            Jae Joong told her to skip class if she was unwell but she refused.

            Then, at lunch time, the discussion was over. The students took their belongings and headed out of the room.

            Shin Hye said to Eun Jung if she would like to come along to lunch with Yong Hwa. Eun Jung just rejected and she told her she wanted to go to library. So Shin Hye left her and went outside.

            There were no students left in the room. Eun Jung picked up her books and her heels to go to the library. She had no appetite to eat.

            After some steps, she felt strange. Her head was dizzy, her sight was dim and her limbs were feeble. She could not soon recover herself. She fell but not on to the ground: an outstretched arm caught her.

 

So, how is it? BTW, did you watch 'Endless Love' epi 19 that Eun Jung was in. I was so so happy as Eun Jung unni is now finally cast in the drama. I hope you could all support this drama. But I'm sure it's needless to say^^