Chapter 11

You Make Me Fall In Love, Be Responsible!

            The demonstrators of Forensic department including  Jae Joong, Yoo Chun, Jun Su, Chang min and Ji Hyo were busy gathering their respective students and talking about the requirements for the project. They were also responsible for dividing the duties among the students.

            Jae Joong was also surprised that Eun Jung was in his group. His group consisted of 5 students- 3 boys and 2 girls (Eun Jung and Shin Hye). Their assigned topic was ‘Electrocution’. It was to be deeper than other topics and he was anxious to get the best presentation prize which was promised to give to the best group after the seminar.

            Jae Joong started by saying, ‘As you all know, teamwork is important in presentation. Whilst I fully understand that you guys are busy for you year-end exam, I’d like you to work as hard as you can for this seminar. Who knows? This is going to be the best moment of your academic final year you’ll remember for the rest of your life.’

            Not only Jae Joong was disconcerted but also the students involving Eun Jung were feeling tension. They also wanted the best for their performance. Their assembly ended right before 5 pm. Eun Jung had been motivated to work hard for it.

            Shin Hye said to Eun Jung, ‘Do you want me to take you home in my car?’

            ‘No, friend, you go ahead. I’ve to go to the library to read more about electrocution. See you tomorrow. Bye, bye.’ Eun Jung waved to Shin Hye.

            ‘Is that so? All right. I’ve somewhere to go anyway. It’s no problem.’ Shin Hye smiled sweetly at her and headed for her car leaving her alone.

 

At the Teachers’ room that evening

            Chang Min was secretly plotting a plan to get close to the girl whom he was having a crush. Just when they were about to get off work, he clapped his hands and called for attention. ‘Hello, everyone, how about a drink after a worn-out day? I’ll treat you all. Is that ok?’ His loud voice swallowed the whole room.

            The other teachers looked at him and cheered. ‘Woah…Woah…’

            One of them said, ‘If someone took the trouble to treat us, it’d be a crime not to allow him. I agree. Let’s go.’

            Chang Min glanced at the girl and asked, ‘Ji Hyo-ssi, you’ll come, right?’

            Ji Hyo answered him, ‘Hm, I don’t think I can, Chang Min-ssi. I’ve some things to do.’

            Chang Min’s face immediately changed into a sulky face.

            Jae Joong realized the situation and helped Chang Min. ‘Is it something very important? If not, come along with us, Ji Hyo-ah. It’s been a long time we haven’t had dinner together. The others will come. You’re the only one who refuses. He looks so sad now. Look.’

            Jae Joong grabbed Chang Min’s face and showed it to her.

            Ji Hyo suddenly felt sorry and agreed to tag along with them. ‘If so, I’ll make some calls and come with you all. Thanks.’

            Chang Min’s face then changed into a triumphant smile. ‘Yes!’ He shoved his fist into the air.

 

            Eun Jung returned from the library at about 7 pm. She was early to return home because she was feeling unwell from not sleeping too much. Her head felt dizzy and light-headed. She was walking slowly on the pavement and all of a sudden, she was stopped by a blue van when she was about to cross the road. She was astounded to death as she was a little inch away from being hit by that car.

            She was so angry that she glowered at the car and stood firmly before it. The car door opened and a rather tall man came out of it.

            It was still dark even with the streetlights on so she tried to look at the man’s face. As he came closer to her, she was really astonished to a thousand times than being close to be hit by the car.

            ‘You!’

            The man smiled and greeted her. ‘Hello, Eun Jung, how are you doing these days?’ He spoke to her in a superior tone. Then he smirked.

            She at first did not know what to say. But she recovered herself quickly and said, ‘What are you doing here?’ Then she shook her head. ‘No, it’s none of my business. I’ll go now. I don’t want others to see us together.’

            She resumed her walk and tried to go away from him.

            Before she could cross the road, she was snatched by him in her elbow.

            ‘Wait, Eun Jung-ah, I’ve something to tell you. You’ve to listen to me.’

            ‘Let go of me.’ She shook his hand of her. ‘Why do I have to do as you say it? Your matter is not related to me anymore. Just go back, Lee Jang Woo.’

            He removed his hand but did not turn his back. ‘You know what type of a person I am. If you don’t come with me, I’ll cause a riot. Is that what you want?’ He threatened her.

            She was not afraid of him but she did not want to cause a scene near the campus. So she just climbed into the car when he opened the car door for her. Inside her, she was shaking with anger and her headache became worse than before.

            Jang Woo was showing a confident smile like he could control her. He drove his van to the restaurant he had chosen carefully.

 

At the restaurant

            Eun Jung sat across Jang Woo and was scowling at him. She contained her anger and started by saying, ‘What do you want to tell me?’

            Jang Woo laughed loudly and said, ‘You haven’t changed at all. But you’ve gotten prettier.’ He eyed her from top to bottom without manners.

            ‘If you’re going to talk nonsense, I’ll be leaving now.’ She grabbed her bag.

            ‘Hey, chill out. Why can’t I praise your beauty? I’m telling the truth.’

            ‘What do you want?’ She again asked the question.

            ‘You, of course.’

            ‘What? Now that I see it, you’re a bastard.’

            ‘I love you.’

            ‘What did you say? The word ‘love’ coming from your mouth is really disgusting.’ She flew into a fury at his words. She was trembling with hatred as she looked at him. For her, he became a piece of waste that she did not want to look at twice. How dare he brought her to the restaurant and insulted her.

            ‘I know I’ve done a lot of sins to you. But you’ve to listen to my explanations.’

            ‘I don’t have time for this. I’ve a lot to do than sit here and listen to your crap.’ She stood up from her seat and prepared to leave.

            He also stood up and stopped her. ‘Just hear me out. Wow, you’ve become rebellious. Please sit now.’

            She was becoming more and more irritated. ‘What exactly do you want to tell me? You’re nothing to me now. Please don’t try to waste my time.’

            He then became serious and told to her, ‘I’ve come to apologize to you.’ He went near her and stood face to face. He steadied her shoulders with his both hands and looked into her eyes. ‘Eun Jung-ah, I’m sorry for everything. I want to start again with you. I know you still have feelings for me. I can see all that. Don’t lie to me and yourself.’

            His sharp and affirmative claim went through her heart like a knife. Her heart started to bleed and it was beating heavily. Again, her wound reopened and gave her pain and despair.

            ‘Don’t touch me. You don’t have rights to do anything you want to me. In case you forgot, I’ll tell you again. You and I are finished with no loose ends to connect. It was you who left me five years ago. My feelings for you have died since then. Don’t be so conceited of yourself.’ She bit her lips and batted her eyelashes for many times not to let go of tears. She was at the risk of giving in to him and she tried to contain her tears which were now filling her eyes.

            Jang Woo did not believe any words she had said to him. ‘Five years ago? So she really had not removed him for her life yet. She was still counting the time to meet me. That’s a relief. I still have a chance.’ He happily thought.

            ‘Don’t follow me.’ She escaped from his grip and set out of the restaurant. The pearl-white tears were now freely flowing from both eyes. She walked hurriedly as she was afraid he would catch up soon.

            Jang Woo attempted to follow him.

            ‘I suggest it’s time you stop.’ He was blocked by Jae Joong who was expressing a complete displeasure to him.

            ‘What the hell are you, Ajussi?’

            Jae Joong replied him with a question. ‘Me? I’m her teacher. Why?’

            ‘Ajussi, please do your own business. I’ve to get to her.’

            ‘I think it’s enough. You’re going to just make her uncomfortable. Didn’t you hear her? She asked you not to follow her. Just let it be today. Ok?’

            ‘Why are you messing around with me? Get away!’ Jang Woo shouted at him.

            Jae Joong just smiled and warned him, ‘If you’re going to be like that, I’ll call the police.’

            Jang Woo angrily roughened his hair and screamed, ‘Aish, .’ Because of that, a lot of people turned to look at them. He turned his heels at the opposite direction of Eun Jung.

            Jae Joong ran out of the restaurant in search for Eun Jung.

 

I'll post another chapter^^