Chapter 1

You Make Me Fall In Love, Be Responsible!

‘Okay, time’s up! Please, everyone, return the papers now’, the examiner-in-charge roared.

            Eunjung reluctantly gave her answer paper & walked out of the exam room.

            She saw her best friend waiting for her outside the room. Eunjung thought, ‘Wow, my friend is still fashionable even after this stressful exam.’

            ‘Shin Hye-ah, did u do well?’

            ‘Oh, it’s a piece of cake. What about you?’ Shin Hye asked.

            Eunjung wanted to cry, ‘Really, I don’t think I’ll pass this.’

            Shin Hye laughed, ‘Look, you are a genius. If you fail this exam, then I’ll probably get zero. So, say no more & go home safely. I’ll pick you at about 7. Taecyeon said to meet them at the club.’

            ‘But…’

            ‘Don’t try to complain. I’ll accept no excuse.’ With this, Shin Hye left Eunjung in amazement.


The arrival of US-Korean plane had been revealed on the flight-board. After a while, the gate opened & a flood of passengers emerged behind the door.

            Between them, a celebrity-like man wearing plaid long-sleeve shirt and white jeans appeared. He roamed around the welcoming people & he frowned as he saw someone.

            The middle-aged man in grey suit walked towards him. ‘Young master, I was told to pick you up by the chairman.’

            The young man looked annoyed, ‘Assh, I knew it. And, Ajusshi, how many times I’ve told you to call me just Jae Joong. Should I call you Secretary Yoon then?’

            The man just smiled, ‘As you please, Young master. Now shall we go home?’

            Jae Joong knew he had no choice but to obey the order, so he followed the man.

            After a few hours, the limousine stopped in front of a magnificent mansion, fascinating garden surrounding it.

`           Jae Joong yawned, got out of the car & walked slowly into the house.

            One of the butchlers greeted & told him to go to the study room.

            As Jae Joong opened the door of the study room, a 56yr old, good-looking man was standing by the window, staring outside. Then he turned around & faced him. ‘So, you’ve arrived at last! How’ve you been?’

            Jae Joong forced a smile, ‘I’ve been doing really well, thanks to you, dad. How about your health? Are everything in control?’

            ‘Yes for now. But you know I’m old now. I’m in desperate need of my successor. I hope you’re ready,’ the old man sat down, looking at Jae Joong with expectation.

            He had absolutely predicted this kind of situation but in the face of it, he can’t help feeling hopeless. ‘Dad, I’ve no interest in your business. Actually I’ve come to Korea because I’ve got a job at Seoul University.’

            His father was suddenly flushed with anger, ‘What do you mean? You still can’t forget her?’

            ‘I didn’t return because you called me. And, please, it has nothing to do with her. I just love my job.’

            ‘You haven’t grown up after all. Don’t you think your job is too girly? It’s time you step out & tell the world you’re a capable man,’ the old man persuaded him with hint of frustration in his voice.

            Jae Joong sighed, swallowing his anger, ‘No, I’ll never become a business man. It’s not suitable for me. I’ll only do my job.’

            The old man stood up & scolded him, 'HOW DARE YOU REFUSE ME! After all the things I’ve done for you! Son, you’ve failed me. Let’s talk tomorrow. Go & rest in your room. Your room is already cleaned.’

            ‘I’ll live in my apartment I bought. It’s also near my job. Now, please excuse me & take care of yourself.’

            After he had said his final words, he stepped out of the room without waiting for his dad’s reply. His dad just looked at his back with sadness & unknown expression mixed in his face.


Jae Joong returned to his apartment, put down his luggage & changed his clothes. He again went out, hired a taxi & said, ‘Please go to ------crematory. Before that, stop for me at nearby flower shop.’

            He bought a bunch of white calla lilies as he knew it’s her favorite. He then went back to the taxi & went to his destination.

            In front of her place, he put the flowers into her cabinet.

            ‘YoonAh, did you miss me? Are you feeling lonely? Sorry, I can’t make accompany for you. As I can’t bear your absence, I’ve cowardly fled to US. I’m very sorry, YoonAh.’ He can’t stand anymore. His legs became wobble, fingers trembling & tears pouring down from his brown eyes.

            He restrained himself after crying for about 10min, tears still pouring down. He said with his hoarsened voice, ‘But now I’ve come back. I’ve changed myself, YoonAh-ah. I promise I’ll come to you very often from now on. I’ve got a job at our University. Yoo chun, Changmin & Junsu are also there. So I think I’ll be ok…. I guess it’s time I go. Bye, YoonAh.’

            On his way home, he had completely lost all his sense & energy. He did not even know himself how many miles had walked for now. He saw a roadside shop selling Soju. He decided to get drunk by continually drinking one bottle after another.

 

 

 

 

So, I've posted Chapter 1. How about it? Maybe you wouldn't believe me. I've written & erased it repeatedly for about 10 times. Feel free to critize me. Thanks for subscribing & reading the chapter.