Chapter 9

My English Teacher (Hiatus)
Tiffany's POV

I stood outside Taeyeon's house and stared at it. What would I say when I went in? Should I just leave it? Do I go in? Or not?

Suddenly the door opened and Taeyeon walked out. She flung her hair while the sunlight reflected off of the moon and shone on her face which gave her a little glow.

"Tiffany... What are you doing here?" She asked me. I was speechless. No words would come out if my mouth and my brain wasn't functioning. I was too captivated with Taeyeon's beauty.

"You look pale Tiffany, come in" She told me. I obeyed and walked into her house. I finally snapped out of my daze. But what am I supposed to do now? I have to talk to her now.

"I'll make you some coffee." She went into the kitchen and handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." I said. I sat on her sofa and she sat next to me. I was feeling really uncomfortable. I realised today that I really like her. "Taeyeon..." I turned to her. She looked at me with a questioning look. "Do you actually like Jessica?" I asked her.

She sighed. "Why do you ask?" She wondered.

"Jessica is keeping something from me but she won't tell me what. She told me to ask you so I came to your house." I told her honestly.

"Okay. I'll be serious, I don't like Jessica. She is worried about you falling in love with me so she told me to pretend about being in love with her." She told me sincerely. "But she is just trying to help you!" She added.

"It's fine. I'm not going to get angry at Jessi. I know she's just trying to help me. In fact, she always warns me about this." I told her. "But don't worry! I'm not going to fall in love with you. You're my teacher and my friend. Not a lover." I know I was saying this but my heart was hurting the more I talked. I wanted her to be more than a friend.

"That's a relief." Taeyeon took a deep breath. "But there is something I don't understand." She looked into my eyes which made me gulp.

"What don't you understand?" I asked, my voice slightly breaking.

"Why does she think that you will fall in love with me?" She questioned. I stopped breathing and thought for a moment. Why does Jessi think that I will fall in love with Taeyeon? This was a question that I didn't even know the answer to. I've been close with teachers before but Jessica never really cared. And she knows that I am straight, so what is the real reason behind her thinking?

"I don't know." I answered softly. "I have to go now." I stood up and rushed to the door.

"Take care." Taeyeon opened the door for me. I walked out.

"I will." I smiled to her. After one step, I stopped walking and turned back to her. "Last night..." I whispered. Taeyeon's eyes widened.

"We'll talk about that later." She slammed the door close and switched off the light inside. What is she doing?

I walked slowly around the area. What were my real feelings towards Taeyeon? A few minutes ago, I thought I loved her. But now... My feelings seem to be fading away. What is wrong with me?

The Next Day

I walked to school without Jessica today. She said she was taking the day off to see Yuri. She also told me that I wouldn't have to visit Yuri anymore because she would do it. She changes her mind so quickly, I think that she is trying to avoid me so I won't ask anymore questions about her and Taeyeon.

I arrived 10 minutes before school started so I decided to take a walk around the building. While I was walking, I saw Miss Lee walking towards my direction.

"Miss Lee!" I called out which caused her to stop in her tracks.

"Oh Tiffany ssi." She smiled at me. "How can I help you?"

"A few weeks ago, you got fired for being in a relationship with a student right?" I wondered.

"Yes that is correct." She nodded. "Your point is?" She looked at me with her eyes wide open.

"What did you do to get your job back?" I questioned her.

"Why would you like to know?" She chuckled. "Are you worried about a teacher who may be involved with a student?" She joked but I took it seriously.

"No no no! I'm just wondering." I told her.

"I was kidding." She chuckled. "Well, I applied to become a teacher again and I convinced the head teacher to hire me again." She told me.

"How?" I asked curiously.

"She knew I had potential and it was hard to find an English teacher in Seoul. Of course Miss Kim is an English teacher too but one is not enough. I promised Miss Choi (The head mistress) that I would never make that kind of mistake again. And she let me become a teacher again." She told me. I nodded my head in amazement. "I hope that answers all of your questions Tiffany ssi."

"Yes it does Miss Lee. Thank you very much." I bowed to her.

"It's okay. I'm going to prepare for my class now. Goodbye." She walked past me and into her classroom. Surely Taeyeon had potential so Miss Choi would definitely hire her again even if she does get into a relationship with a student. Right? What am I thinking? We're not even dating. I rolled my eyes at myself and walked to class. There was still 5 minutes left before lessons started so I sat in the classroom alone.

"Oh Tiffany, why are you here so early?" Taeyeon walked in and set all of her files on her desk.

"Jessica isn't coming to school today so I decided to come earlier." I told her. She nodded and grabbed a chair to sit in front of me.

"So, I guess you remember what happened two night ago..." She sighed.

I bit my bottom lip and nodded. It was embarrassing to recall a kiss between you and the person right in front if you. "Why did you kiss me back?" I asked straight away.

"I-I... I don't know." She stuttered and looked down in embarrassment.

"Taeyeon I-" I began but I was cut off by someone walking into the classroom.

"Good morning everyone!" Yoona yelled happily while stretching with her eyes closed. When she opened them, she looked around in shock. "Huh? Where is everyone?" She questioned herself.

Taeyeon got up and put the chair back. "You're early Yoona." Taeyeon chuckled and sat on her own chair, behind her desk.

"Really?" She looked around in amazement. "Yay I'm early." She cheered and smiled brightly. I giggled at her actions.

Yoona sat in her seat and waited patiently while people were coming in, one by one. Suddenly, I received a text message. I looked at my phone and read the message.

'What were you and Miss Kim talking about?'

From Yoona

She's so silly. She had to text me to avoid any suspicions.

'Whether I could take the exam early or not'

From Tiffany

I replied to her message with a lie because I couldn't tell her the truth. She would just make fun of me all day long and she would tell others. The word might spread and Taeyeon would get fired.

'But you already know you can't'

From Yoona

'I was just making sure'

From Tiffany

I looked over at her and she made an 'O' shape with . She nodded at her phone and put it away. I couldn't help but laugh at my childish friend. Then I received a message. To my surprise, it wasn't from Yoona, it was from Taeyeon.

'Me and Boa broke up. Let's talk tonight.'

From Taeyeon

--------------------------

Ok so I've finally updated the story with a boring chapter so I apologise for that. But Taeny are getting closer so that's a good start. Yulsic will come out more in the future and you'll find out more about her arranged marriage with Jonghyun? I don't remember who I paired her up with. And I don't remember if I already included Taeyeon telling Tiffany that she broke up with Boa. If I already wrote that, correct me and I will change it. Enjoy!