Chapter 1

My English Teacher (Hiatus)
It was a dull day. The sky was dull, the weather was dull, the setting was dull and the atmosphere was dull. Everything was dull. I sat on the bench and laid my head down. It was such a boring day, how much worse could my day get?

"Tiff!" Someone called. I lifted up my head.

"Hey Jess." I waved. She smiled and ran up to me. Have I mentioned her before? Well, she is my bestest friend ever! Yes, I know bestest isn't a word but that sounds like a good word to describe her with. She is much more than a best friend, but less than a sister because we always share things and look out for each other, but we never argue or fight.

"What's up?" She sat next to me.

I shrugged. "Just the usual." I told her. She nodded her head and looked away. There was silence. But it wasn't awkward because we hardly talked to each other sometimes. It was comfortable and peaceful.

"You know we still have to take English as a class until we pass our exams." She broke the silence.

I sighed. "Yh, we can't take the exam early either."

She nodded and it was back to silence. "There's a new teacher. The old one got fired for having an affair with one of her students." Jessica broke the silence again.

"Really? Aww Miss Lee was a good teacher." I pouted. Jessica stared at me weirdly. "Not!" I said and we both laughed.

"Let's get to class now." She grabbed my hand and we both ran to class. We entered the room 10 minutes late. Everyone stared at us.

I looked to the left and there was a petite girl. "Miss Jung, Miss Hwang. You are both 10 minutes late." She said. Me and Jessica gave each other confused looks. This kid was telling us off and she knew our names somehow.

"We know that." Jessica replied to the girl.

"That is no way to speak to an adult Miss Jung." The 'adult' said. Both of our eyes opened wide. Was this little girl our teacher? "Sit down quickly so we can begin class." She glared at us so we complied.

"How could that be a teacher?" I whispered to Jessica.

"I know right! She looks like a 10 year old." Jessica agreed and we both giggled. Everyone was whispering to each other while the teacher was writing on her board.

"Silence class! We shall begin. I have made a test so I can see what level your English is. Be quiet and complete the worksheets." She told us and sat down. We all groaned and wrote our names on the piece of paper. "Your time starts now." She clicked a button to start the timer.

This test was going to be so easy for me and Jessica. We were both raised in the States. That's how we became best friends, it was easy for us to communicate too. I finished the test in 10 minutes. 50 minutes to chill. I looked at Jessica. She was sleeping with her completed test paper in front of her. I turned to look at Miss Kim. She was trying to stay awake by.. Was she playing games on her computer? I could tell by the way she was clicking. She must've been playing Fruit Ninja.

I carried on staring at her. Eyes shut. Eyes open. Eyes closed. Eyes open. The same thing was happening over and over again. I couldn't help but giggle. I'm pretty sure she heard, judging by the way she reacted. She quickly turned her head to me - I don't know how she heard because students around me weren't affected.

She hid her face. Hehe she was blushing. What a cute teacher. Hang on, did I just call her cute? Now it was my turn to start blushing. I slapped myself out of my thoughts and slowly lifted up my head. She was giggling at me. My face turned bright red and I quickly hid it. Stupid teacher! Why does she have to make me blush? I looked to the right and saw Jessica dribbling. I smiled to myself. Now that is what I call cute.

I decided to sleep for the rest of the class. After all, there was no point to stay awake and waste my energy for nothing.