Chapter 5

My English Teacher (Hiatus)
Tiffany's POV

I woke up with a big smile plastered on my face. I had a great night with Taeyeon yesterday and now she's coming to school.

Me and Jessica walked to school together as usual. "Why are you so happy today?" She asked me.

"No reason." I replied.

"There must be a reason. Where were you last night? I texted you but you didn't reply!" She told me.

"Sorry. The battery was dead." I lied.

"Ok, but you still haven't answered my question. Where were you last night?" She questioned me.

"I went out to have dinner with a friend." I told her.

"What friend?"

I hesitated. Should I lie? But Jessica would obviously figure out that I would be lying. "Taeyeon." I told her the truth in the end.

"You mean Miss Kim?" She looked at me in disbelief. I nodded at her question. "I told you not to see her! It's dangerous!" She scolded me.

"It would only be dangerous if we were having an affair but we're not even dating. Don't worry!" I assured her. "We are just friends and no more."

"Fine. I trust you. But don't say I didn't warn you." She pointed at me and I smiled.

We sat down in our usual seats. We weren't early but it seemed like we were because only a few students were here. I gave Jessica a confused look.

"Where is everyone?" I whispered but she only shrugged in return.

"I heard that Miss Kim was kissing a woman named BoA." Someone whispered.

"I heard the same rumour! Apparently they used to date when they were in school and BoA is 2 years older." Another person said.

I don't know why but my heart felt like it was being pulled out of my body. It didn't ache or hurt but it seemed to stop.

Suddenly, Taeyeon rushed into the room. "Sorry I'm late everyone." She panted and everyone starred cheerig and whistling. Taeyeon looked at everyone weirdly. Her button in her blazer was undone and her hair was messy.

A big bunch of students came into our class with their phones out. "I got it!" They screamed. Got what?

Everyone looked at them curiously. "We've got the pictured and videos of Miss Kim and Boa doing... You know what!" The whole class erupted with laughter. Taeyeon's face was as red as a tomato. I clenched my fist. I didn't like how they were being so mean to Taeyeon.

Someone patted my right shoulder. I turned to the right, only to see Jessica staring at me. "Are you jealous?" She asked me with a concerned look. I knew what she was talking about but I didn't want to answer because I didn't even know if I was jealous or not.

"Of what?" I questioned stupidly. She sighed.

"Don't worry." She sighed again and looked away. She stared at Taeyeon and gave her a glare. Taeyeon gulped and stared at me. I made some hand gestures to signal that she looked messy but she took it in the wrong way. Well, I think she did because she started to send me love hearts in return.

I chuckled at her stupidity and she laughed along. The class stopped laughing for a while and they looked at her. "Ok class, we will begin our lesson with a game." Taeyeon said in English. Most people gave her a confused look but the rest cheered. "We will play a game." She said in Korean this time so everyone would understand.

"We will start at Hyoyeon and go across. Everyone has to say a word so the whole class can make a sentence. But whoever can't think of a word or if they are the person after someone who ended the sentence then they will lose abd receive a punishment. The game will be in English." She told us and everyon understood immediately.

Hyoyeon began the game. "I"

"Went"

"To"

"The"

"Er.. Cafai" Yuri said.

"Oh Yuri ssi. Bad pronounciation. Please stand up to receive your punishment." Taeyeon said. Yuri stood up unwillingly and went to the front of the class. "Please stand on this scale. Your weight will be revealed." Taeyeon chuckled evilly. Everyone dreaded having their weight revealed, especially girls.

Yuri hesitated about going on the scale. She looked at Miss Kim and looked back at the scale. I ate a lot this morning so I'll probably be very fat. Luckily my English is good so I won't have to go on the scale.

Yuri finally went onto the scale. She held her breath and waited patiently for the result. "Wow Yuri, you weigh 46kg. That's underweight for someone that tall." Taeyeon looked worriedly at Yuri. "I remember you weighed 49kg last year, why did you lose so much weight?" Taeyeon asked and let Yuri sit down.

"Let's start again from Yuri." Taeyeon said and we began.

"I" She started.

"Love" Sunny carried on.

"You, full stop." Jessica finished off and smirked at me. I glared at her. She finished the sentence which means that I have to take the punishment.

"Tiffany ssi, come up and get weighed." Taeyeon smiled charmingly. I went up reluctantly.

"But-" I tried to protest but I got cut off.

"It'll be fine." Taeyeon patted me on the back. "Tell you what, I'll go on with you so we can see our weight combined." She smiled at me. I was happy that she was being so caring. Now nobody would know how much how I weighed because they could only take a rough guess.

We both stepped on the scale and she held my... My ! I glared at her but she winked cutely at me. I giggled and she kept her hand on my so I wouldn't fall.

"The weight of us combined is... 90kg!" Taeyeon told the whole class. I stepped off, relieved that it was only 90kg. I must weight in the 40kg to 50kg section then. "I'm 44kg by the way!" Taeyeon yelled and the class bursted with laughter. I looked at Taeyeon in disbelief. She was laughing too and even Jessica was laughing. If she weighed 44kg then I must weigh 46kg. That is the same as Yuri but I am 160cm and she is 165cm!

I gave Taeyeon the deadliest glare I had but she just smiled innocently at me. I sat down quickly to hide my embarrassment. This class was starting to get on my nerves. I was raised in the States so why do I have to take this class?

"Okay, we'll begin the actual lesson now. Repeat after me. The weather is hot." Taeyeon said. Everyone repeated. "Miss Hwang, why aren't you repeating?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and yawned. She glared at me. "For your punishment, read this whole sentence. Get it wrong and you'll have a 1 hour detention."

I sighed. "The weather is hot today. Yesterday it was freezing, but luckily it is much warmer." I said. Everyone stared at me and applaused. Taeyeon was dumbfounded. "Is that good enough Miss Kim?" I smiled at her. She clenched her fist and turned around. And I'm pretty sure that I heard her mutter something like "She has such a beautiful eye smile. If only she wasn't my student..."

"Well done class. You did good today. When you leave, please take a sheet for homework. Class dismissed." She said and everyone stood up to leave. "But Tiffany Hwang will stay to help me." She smirked. I forced a smile and sat back down. Why does she always keep me behind to do her work? We are hardly friends.

I sat down and tapped my fingers until somebody sat in front of me. "Hey Tiffany." She smiled cutely like a kid.

"Hello MISS Kim." I raised my voice when I said 'Miss' to show that we weren't very close.

"Oh come on! 46kg isn't fat." She stated.

"I didn't say anything about me being fat. Do you think I'm fat?" I joked.

"No! Nonono. Erm.. You're just fatter than Yuri and me but you are actually very skinny." She tried to cover up because she thought I was taking it seriously.

"I'm skinny? So I'm just bones?" I questioned her, keeping my serious and angry face.

"No! I didn't mean that. You're really slim." She smiled nervously.

"So I'm perfect?" I smiled mischevously.

"No you're a bit underweight." She bit her lower lip. My smile turned upside down.

"You're really underweight!" I screamed at her.

"Do I look like bones?" She pouted. My heart melted once I saw that.

"You're perfect." I winked seductively at her. I could see that she was blushing heavily which made me giggle. Suddenly, the door bursted open.

"Taeyeon." A woman walked in and kissed Taeyeon's cheek. Taeyeon snapped out of her daze from the shock.

"Boa..." She whispered to herself. So this was the amazing girl that Taeyeon was talking about?

"I missed you!" Boa said, her voice full of aegyo. She hugged Taeyeon and pecked her on the lips. Taeyeon blushed slightly and turned to me. Boa turned too and she let go quickly.

"Oh... I didn't see you there. You must be Tiffany, I've heard a lot about you." She held out her hand. She's heard a lot about me? From who? I shook her hand smiled.

"Yes I'm Tiffany. You must be Boa. I've heard a bit about you too." I replied. She seemed shocked by what I said.

"Oh, who have you heard from?" She asked me. I looked at Taeyeon but she shook her head.

"Around the school." I lied. Boa smiled and muttered something. But my ears are superhuman so I can pick up anything. (Not really. This was a joke). She mumbled something under her breath that sounded a lot like 'That's good then. I hope Taeyeon didn't tell her anything.'

"Anyway I'll see you later Tae." Boa bade goodbye and left. There was an awkward silence between me and Taeyeon.

"So you shouldn't tell me things about her?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "No. But I trust you." She stared into my eyes and I stared into hers. Her brown orbs were so beautiful.

"I'll tell you more about her tonight." She said.

"But... You shouldn't tell anyone about your personal life." I reasoned. I was really concerned about her. Why was she telling me about her love life?

"I'm going to break up with Boa. There's somebody else I like. She hurt me before and I was stupid to go out with her again. I don't think she loves me." Taeyeon told me honestly. "If I don't talk to somebody about it then I will feel guilty and unhappy. I need to release it and you're the closest person I have." She said. I nodded in agreement.

"So, who's the other person you like?" I questioned her. I was stupid to ask her. We weren't really close and butting into her life. My heart ached after I asked her. I didn't want to know the answer. I don't know why... But I felt hurt to know she liked somebody else.

"I don't know if I should tell you this but... I just told you that you were the closest person I had so you deserve to know." She looked down and took a deep breath. "The person I like is a student... That person is..." My eyes widened. Who was it? A student? That's crazy!

"Your best friend Jessica." She looked up and stared at me. I froze. She likes... Jessica? "Tiffany are you ok?" I stiffened once I heard her call me. It was impossible. Why did I feel so betrayed? Why? Why does she have to like Jessica? How can she like Jessica? It can't be true... Taeyeon likes Jessica...

----------------

Happy New Year everyone! I know it is one day late but I was busy yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

Spoiler:

There is no Taengsic in this story. Taeyeon lied about liking Jessica and you'll find out why later on. Jessica likes somebody else and there will be Yulsic in the end. :P (And of course Taeny)