Chapter 4

My English Teacher (Hiatus)
It was already 6pm. I sat on the sofa in my home. Mum was cooking, dad was reading a newspaper, Leo was playing video games and Michelle was on the phone, talking to her friends. I was the only one who wasn't doing anything. Sure I was on the sofa, staring at the TV, but I wasn't really focusing on it. The only thing on was SpongeBob. I changed the channel and watched the news. One thing caught my attention. 'Teacher in Seoul University fired for having an affair with a student.' I became worried. I don't know why, but I felt bad for Taeyeon. She obviously wasn't having an affair. Well I hope she wasn't. But why did she take so many days off? Suddenly, my phone rang. There was an unknown number. "Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Tiffany, I received your message." The person whispered softly.

"Taeyeon?" I asked.

"Yes it's me. Do you want to talk now? I'm free." She replied.

"Yes!" I answered happily.

"Good. Let's meet at the cafe." She told me.

"Ok, I'll come after I eat." I said.

"No. I can't wait that long. Please come now. Quickly!" She commanded and hung up. I sat there, surprised. Why was she so desperate? Anywho, I got up and put on my shoes.

"Mum I'm going out for a bit!" I yelled and didn't wait for a response. I quickly left the house and ran to the cafe. Luckily, it was really close to the house. I entered it and scanned the room. I saw a person in a cap. I knew it was Taeyeon. I sat in the booth, facing her.

"You're here Tiffany." She smiled.

"Yes I am. Why do you need me to come so urgently?" I wondered.

"No reason. I just really wanted to see you." She told me. I smiled.

"I see. Care to explain why you've been gone for so long?" I said cheekily.

"Sure. Let's have a chat over dinner shall we?" She asked and stood up. "I know a good restaurant, we'll go there to eat." I nodded and left the cafe with her.

We arrived outside the restaurant. There was a massive queue. "Ya Taeyeon! Look at the queue. We'd be 30 years old by the time we came to the front." I gasped at the line.

"Impossible. I'm 22 and you're 18. We can't both be 30 at the same time." She joked. "Don't worry. I'll get us in." She assured me. She walked towards the guard and started speaking. "Kim Taeyeon, table for 2 please." She said and the guard let her in.

"It's nice to see you come with someone this time. It's been around 6 years since you came with that girl." The guard said. Taeyeon chuckled.

"Yes I remember. I was in high school back then and she hated the food. Does she still stop by?" Taeyeon asked the man.

"Yes, she comes every Saturday. She's getting older now. How old is she? 24 I think." He laughed.

"Yes she was a senior. I dated her when she was 18. Boys would get so jealous. They thought I was a kid." Taeyeon giggled.

"Well you sure look like one. Even at this age." The guard chuckled. "In you go." He let us pass. Taeyeon thanked him and bowed so I did too. Once we entered the restaurant, my eyes widened. This place was beautiful.

"Wow Taeyeon! We can't eat here! I'll go bankrupt." I stated.

"Who said you were paying?" She wondered.

"You paid for my food twice! I'm not letting you pay again." I scolded her.

"I'm a VIP. We can eat for free." She smiled.

"Oh..." I responded. We sat down in a table.

"What would you like to have?" Taeyeon asked me while looking at the menu.

"Um.. What do you recommend?" I asked her while looking at the delicious food on the menu.

"Everything. It's all tasty." She commented. "But I like the BBQ chicken in a cheese wrap. That's probably the best starter ever." She smiled dorkily.

"Ok. I'll have whatever you're having. I should listen to my teacher." I smiled. She blushed a little. We placed our order and waited for our food.

"So, I've come to the restaurant. Can we talk now?" I asked. She nodded.

"Of course. I'll tell you in a minute." She told me. I nodded but somebody interrupted us.

"Taengoo! Oh how I've missed you." A man screamed. I looked to the left and Taeyeon looked to the right, because we were opposite each other. A man was running towards Taeyeon and he quickly hugged her. He kissed her cheek like a man in love. He was so annoying. And what annoyed me more was Taeyeon's reaction. All she did was laugh and hug him back. Couldn't she push him away?

"Where have you been? I missed you so much! You've been gone for 20 days!" He pouted. I made a disgusted face. A man pouting = punch in the face. But luckily he didn't see.

"I went on a little vacation. I met BoA again." She said. BoA? Who was that? The man's face stiffened.

"Oh... You must be feeling bad. Sorry, I won't push you." He said and patted her back. "I'll leave now. Make sure you eat more! I want you to enjoy the food I make." The man smiled and left. Taeyeon smiled back.

She turned to me. "Sorry about that." She smiled nervously.

"It's ok." I said harshly. "But obviously it's not." I muttered under my breath.

"Are you okay? You seem angry." She asked with a concerned face.

"I'm fine." I said simply and our food arrived. I began eating rapidly without looking at Taeyeon. I don't know why but I felt angry to see her interacting like that with that man. I looked up after moments of silence. I felt kind of guilty, she was obviously troubled but I am still acting like this. I should be helping her. She poked her food with her fork.

"Why aren't you eating?" I asked her calmly.

She shook her head. "I don't have the appetite." She replied. I immediately felt even more guilty.

"Sorry." I apologised. She looked up at me.

"For what?" She questioned.

"Acting like this... Please talk to me if you want to." I showed her my guilty face. She giggled and put down her fork. I put mine down too.

"6 years ago when I was in High School. I met a girl called Boa. I was a loner. We would talk all the time until one day, I had the courage to ask her out. She rejected my offer. I didn't know why but I was really hurt. I didn't see her for 2 weeks. I missed a week of school and I avoided her at school. But one day, we talked.

Flashback

"Taeyeon! Please hear me out!" The 18 year old girl grabbed the petite girl. "Please!" She screamed.

Taeyeon's face was filled with tears. "Why? I know we can still be friends! We are okay?" Taeyeon pushed the girl away and tried to run away but Boa hugged her from the back.

"I broke up with Minho." She whispered into Taeyeon's ear. Taeyeon stopped struggling.

"Why?" Taeyeon asked.

"I never liked him. He always forced me to date him. So I did. But I realised I loved you. He's 2 years younger than me like you. But I don't care. I'm sorry for rejecting you. Please forgive me" Boa apologised.

"Why didn't you accept my love at that time?" Taeyeon questioned. Her tears had stopped.

"I was shocked. I didn't want to cheat on Minho. I had to break up with him before I started dating you." She told her. Taeyeon nodded in understanding. "I love you." Boa hugged her. Taeyeon hugged her back.

"Me too." She replied.

Back To Reality (Author's POV)

Taeyeon was about to finish her story until Tiffany bursted into a fit of laughter. "Hahahahahahahha! That is so cheesy." Tiffany wiped away the tears of joy.

"Hey! You're supposed to cheer me up. I tried to make the story as sweet as possible." Taeyeon whined.

"Come on Taeyeon. Admit it! That was so cringy. Like normal romance films." Tiffany curled her fingers into a ball. Taeyeon pouted.

"I haven't finished my story yet..." Taeyeon put on the saddest look she had.

"Tell me some other time. I'm not in the mood to listen to something sad." Tiffany yawned and finished eating her food. They both ate their food and left.

They walked to Tiffany's house and stood outside. "Thanks for taking me home. I had a great night." Tiffany smiled.

"That's good then, I had a great night too." Taeyeon smiled back.

"When will you come back to school?" Tiffany wondered.

"Tomorrow." Taeyeon answered. Tiffany smiled brightly. "Can't wait to have me as your teacher again?" Taeyeon joked.

"Obviously. Why do you think I was so desperate to find you?" Tiffany replied. They both smiled. "I have to remember to call you Miss Kim now!" Tiffany laughed. Taeyeon chuckled like a dork. "Ahjumma!" Tiffany stuck out her tongue.

Taeyeon pouted. "That's mean. Anyway it's late now. You should go home. I'll see you tomorrow. Don't be late! I'll have to give you another detention." Taeyeon giggled and left. Tiffany waved and entered the house.

"Why are you back so late? I called you but you didn't pick up!" Her mum shouted at her.

"Sorry mum. Out of battery. I'm going to shower now." Tiffany lied and rushed up the stairs. Her phone vibrated in her purse so she quickly took it out.

To Tiffany

Sleep well Fany ah. ;)

From Taeyeon

Tiffany couldn't help but smile at the text. She realised there was another message from Jessica.

She opened it and read it. 'Your mum is worried about you. Why won't you go home? Don't tell me you're with Miss Kim! Remember! You can't fall for her.'

Tiffany sighed. She honestly didn't know what she was feeling towards Taeyeon. But she knew she liked her in a way. Probably as a friend at the most. Tiffany sighed again and went to shower so she could clear her mind.

---------------

Merry Christmas everyone! I decided to update because I'm not busy right now. I will be busy tonight though so no updates! Have a lovely Christmas! Best wishes from FeiMui. :)