Chapter 8

My English Teacher (Hiatus)

Tiffany's POV

"I'm not hungry anymore. Have a nice time eating." I excused myself and ran upstairs. I locked myself in my room and recalled all of the events that happened last night. What did I do?

I grabbed my phone. Should I call Taeyeon? No. That won't help. Maybe I should call Jessica for advice. She is my best friend after all. But... What if she gets jealous? Why would she? Taeyeon likes her but Jessica never admitted that she liked Taeyeon. She was the one who told me not to date a teacher as well.

I sighed and decided to call Jessica. Is this a good idea? I hung up before she could answer. "Ahhh so frustrating!" I messed up my hair.

My phone rang. Caller ID: Jessica. Do I answer it? Yes Tiffany! Just act cool.

"Hello?" I answered normally.

"Did you just call me?" She wondered.

"No, why?" I lied.

"It says that I have a missed call from you." She stated.

"Oh. Maybe my phone accidentally called you while it was in my pocket." I made up an excuse.

"Maybe... Well how are you? Why didn't you come to school today?" She asked me.

"I had a little hangover from last night but I'm fine now." I bit my lower lip.

"Ok." She replied simply. There was an awkward silence. "Can you come out? I want to talk to you." She suggested.

"Um... Okay." I replied.

"Meet you at the park." She said and hung up. I sighed. Stupid Tiffany! Why did you agree to that? Now I have to face her!

I ran down the stairs. "Mom, dad I'm going out." I told them.

"Come back before 10." Mum called out.

"Ok!" I screamed back and ran out. I arrived at the park in 5 minutes and I saw Jessica swinging herself on the swings. "Hey Jessi!" I yelled and ran up to her. She smiled back. We both sat on a nearby bench. "So..." I began. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Last night.." She sighed. I gulped. Don't tell me she knows about the kiss as well. "I kissed Yuri..." She told me. I let out a relieved sigh which made her look at me confusedly.

"O-Oh.." I stuttered. She ignored me and carried on speaking.

"I don't know what happened to her because she didn't come to school." She told me. She looked at me.

"What?" I was beginning to get uncomfortable with her staring.

"Can you do me a favour?" She asked me.

"Depends what it is." I rolled my eyes at her. She handed me a piece of paper.

"Go to this address tomorrow." I opened the sheet and it had an address on it.

"Why don't you go?" I questioned her.

"I'm worried. Last night I offered to take her home and when I did... The girl that was in the bar with her, was already in the house." She said.

"Are you talking about Yuri?" I wondered. She nodded.

"That girl is Yuri's fiance. Yuri is very rich and she got an arranged marriage with a woman who no one knows because she always hides her face. All she wants is her money. You have to stop her from marrying her!" She begged me.

"Jessi... I don't know Yuri very well. And her parents don't know me. Why would any of them listen to me?" I pointe out.

"Please! Just go there tomorrow to persuade Yuri." She pleaded and grabbed onto my arm.

"Fine." I gave in. She smiled and let go of me.

"So, how is it going with Miss Kim?" She asked curiously.

"Fine." I answered bluntly. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. How do I get it out if my head?

"Do you like her?" She asked. Gosh Jessi can you stop being so nosy?

"I have no reason to hate her." I told her.

"You know, I'm only telling you to stay away from her so you won't fall any deeper for her." She told me.

"So you think I've already fallen for her?" I glared at her.

"Yes." She giggled. "I suspect that you like her and you were very jealous when she told you she likes me."

"How do you know she likes you?" I questioned curiously. She closed her eyes and smacked her head.

"Dammit." She grunted. "Um.. She told me." She avoided any eye contact with me.

"I'm not stupid. You're hiding something from me. Spill it!" I commanded her.

"I'm not hiding anything!" She defended.

"Yes you are!" I screeched and pinned her down. "Tell me!"

"Ouch Tiffany get off me!" She yelled.

"I won't let you go until you tell me." I started chuckling.

"Fine I'll tell you. Just get off." She groaned in pain. I laughed in victory and let her go.

"Spill." I demanded.

"Not over my dead body." She said and ran off.

"Ya! Do you really think you could outrun me?" I chased her. We ran for ages before she finally ran out of breath.

"Ok I give up." She panted and crouched down. I sat next to her.

"Tell me then." I smirked.

"Ask her yourself." She told me and tried to walk off but I stopped her.

"What?" I wondered. She pointed at the door behind me. I looked at it. This was Taeyeon's house.

"She'll tell you everything." She said and walked off. "Remember to visit Yuri tomorrow!" She shouted and left. I stared at the house. Do I go in? Or not?