''I have good news for all of you here.''-Shin Woo

Unrequited Love

 Dal-rae walking with Jinyoung.

'' She's my younger sister, Ah-ra. Isn't she in the same class as you?'', Dal-rae cheerfully introduces Ah-ra to Jinyoung.

'' Oh..ya. When is Dong-woo ( Shinwoo) hyung arriving?'', Jinyoung tries to avoid the topic.

Ah-ra's face turns pale.

'' Why is he calling my oppa, hyung? Wait, he knows oppa? How? Who is Jinyoung sunbaenim to us?'', those words ran through Ah-ra's mind mutely. 

Sandeul looks at Ah-ra's creamy porcelain face. The expression on her face was blank, as if her brain was trying to process the situation that she was in. He tenderly approaches her and gave a faint smile.

'' Ah-ra sshi, since your sister is here. I'll be on my way then. Dal-rae sunbaenim, Jinyoung sunbaenim, have a great day ahead.'' Sandeul bows courteously and heads home.

'' You're already going? Alright, take care of yourself. Thank you for befriending with my little sister, she's quite difficult to handle sometimes'', Dal-rae tries to tease Sandeul and Ah-ra.

Ah-ra cast her eyes on the ground as she avoids eye contact with Jinyoung. Each time she asks herself a question pertaining who Jinyoung was, she could feel her chest acting up again. The fact that he insulted her work without checking it properly made her even mad. Dal-rae turns her attention to her little sister.

'' Ah-ra? Is something troubling you?'', Dal-rae kindly grabs Ah-ra by the shoulders while smiling.

'' No, i'm fine.. it's just that-'', Ah-ra hesitates as she glaringly stares at Jinyoung. What will her sister think of Jinyoung who had insulted the ''garbage'' music.

*Ah-ra's flashback.*

* 10 year old Ah-ra and 12 year old Dal-rae *

'' Onni! Dal-rae onni!'', the young frightened Ah-ra screams out for Dal-rae.

'' Wae-wae-wae? Is something wrong?'', Dal-rae comes running to Ah-ra with a worried face.

'' I fell down...look, blood...'', tears starts to form in Ah-ra's eyes as she hugs Dal-rae.

'' Maknae-ya.. it's alright. Don't cry... It's just a small cut. Omma is still not home yet, let onni sing you a song.'', Dal-rae tightly hugs Ah-ra in her arms as she sang the song that Jinyoung called ''garbage''.

'' Onni.. why do you always sing this song?'', asks Ah-ra innocently as she sniffs.

'' This song, was the last song that my mo-, i mean someone sang to me. Haha, whenever i sing this song, i feel better. Don't you? So, don't cry and let me wipe those tears.'', Dal-rae loving wipes the tears from Ah-ra eyes with her sleeves.

'' Yah! Dal-rae! What are you doing?! Ah-ra! You! You did this to my little sister?! Don't you know how precious she is?'', Shinwoo angrily slaps Dal-rae and drags Ah-ra out of the room as he accuses Dal-rae for hurting Ah-ra.

Shinwoo arrives with the car and honks at them.

'' Hyung!'', Jinyoung excitedly greets Shinwoo.

'' Get in!''

Dal-rae, Ah-ra and Jinyoung gets in the car.

'' Ah-ra? Why do you look so pale? Are you alright?'', Shinwoo concernly asks her as he knew that she was obviously not happy with something.

Jinyoung focuses on Ah-ra who was sitting in the front seat, she turns behind to look at Jinyoung and rolls her eyes at him.

'' Nothing, just a stupid bird, that attacked my notebook. Now, i have to get a new one. Apparently, the bird hates the notebook that you had personally designed for me'', Ah-ra indirectly mocks Jinyoung.

'' Ahaha, just because of that? I guess that ''stupid bird'' doesn't have the brains to appreciate works by me right?'', Shinwoo jokingly replies making everybody laugh.

Jinyoung who was silently sitting in the back seat, felt like bashing himself with a stone. What if Ah-ra complains to Shinwoo? What if Shinwoo hyung misunderstands the situation. What will Dal-rae think of him? Unknowingly, he held on to Dal-rae's right hand. 

'' Oppa, what's going on today?'', Ah-ra tries to ask her brother while slightly hinting with her eyes on Jinyoung.

'' Ah? Jinyoungie? You're probably in the same class as him right? Jinyoung-ah, don't you remember Ah-ra? She probably can't recognise you after the accident. She's the one that used to follow us around when we were little, don't you remember? That person back there, is our old chaffeur son's and you two used to be in the same class in kindergarten. Does that ring a bell to you?'', Shinwoo openly answers Ah-ra's question to everyone.

'' I don't remember...'', Ah-ra pouts her lips as she leans her head on the car window.

--------* In Jinyoung's head *---------------

'' You can't be her. You can't....''

 

--------------------------------------------------

Both sides of the family were there to congratulate Shin Woo over his success in the fashion industry. The Jung's and the Shin's has been family friends for years. Thus, explaining the reason why Shinwoo and Jinyoung were very close to each other eventhough they was a 2 years . After the Jung's had decided to migrate to America to further expand their business, both the families had not contacted each other for about 15 years. However, since Jinyoung was accepted into one of the best University in Korea, his parents decided to come back and stay in Korea for good.

'' Aigoo! Ah-ra agasshi... You're so pretty and tall already. It's been a long time since i saw you..'', Mr Jung eagerly approaches Ah-ra and held her hands.

Ah-ra concentrates on the old man's wrinkled hands. Why was he calling her Agasshi? Was he somebody close to her? Ah-ra pulls back and tooked a few steps backwards. She hid behind her brother and held him tightly.

'' Ahjusshi, I'm sorry. Ah-ra, she can't really remember. At the age of 11, she met with a car accident. I'm very sorry.'', Shinwoo repeatedly bows as he grabs his startled little sister.

'' It's okay, i'm really happy to be able to see her again. She had always been a cheerful girl ever since she was young. Your parents have indeed raised her up well. She was just 6 then and so small..'', Mr Jung couldn't help but express his happiness at seeing Ah-ra. Of course, the old man who had spent more time with her than her own father. The one who had always chauffered her to school before he left for America when she was six.

Everybody sits down to eat dinner.

'' Ahjusshi, my parents are unable to attend the dinner today as they are on a date together. Instead, i'll speak on their behalf.'', Shinwoo politely announces.

'' Ah..it's alright. I'm old, and they're probably sick and tired at looking at my face. Haha. I'm happy that i'm here today to celebrate your success.'', Mr Jung calmly replies.

'' Ah, about your plan? Since the kids are here, why not announce it?'', Shinwoo prompts Mr Jung to reveal the good news.

'' Aigoo...you announce it.. You should be the one revealing the good news'', Mr Jung pushes the question back to Shinwoo.

 Jinyoung and Dal-rae flashes a smile at each other.

--------* Earlier in school today * * Dal-rae and Jinyoung walking together *-------------

'' Don't worry, my father will like you.'', Jinyoung tries to comfort Dal-rae.

'' Really? Ah...i'm so nervous. What am i going to do? I'm so happy!'', Dal-rae reacts excitedly as she blushes at the same time.

'' Yah.. tone it down...you're going to attract their attention..'', Jinyoung tries to shush her.

'' Araso... after this, i don't have to hide this relationship anymore. Right?'', Dal-rae questions Jinyoung.

Without saying a word, Jinyoung nods and silently continues to walk out of the school as he thought about Ah-ra. She seemed so familiar, had he seen her before? The song that was in her book, the song was also a very familiar tune, he just couldn't recall what it was. 

'' Yah! Maknae!'', Dal-rae exclaims all of a sudden.

Ah-ra was standing with Sandeul near the road-side. Jinyoung looks at Dal-rae and tries to analyse the situation.

'' Maknae? Shin Dal-rae. Shin Ah-ra. Wait. Don't tell me..it's her. Is it really her? No, it can't be. If it was her, how could she not recognise me? She would have tried to explain herself, that she was Shin Ah-ra and that it had been a long time since we last met.'', those words ran silently through Jinyoung's brain.

-----------------------

'' I have good news for all of you here.'', Shinwoo declares as he clears his throat and smiles widely.

Dal-rae's eyes shines as she watches her brother to speak those words. Ah-ra blankly eating her food and trying not to look at Jinyoung who was infront of her. Mr Jung on the other hand was observing Ah-ra and kept on turning to his side to look at his son.

'' The Jung's and Shin's are finally going to be one.'', Shinwoo adds on.

'' Oh? Dal-rae onni is getting married?? Congratulations!'', Ah-ra puts downs her food utensils and turns around to look at the glowing Dal-rae. 

Mr Jung reaches out for Ah-ra's hands and softly spoke to her, '' Agasshi, before i die, i would like to see you as my daughter in law.''.

* Dal-rae, Jinyoung and Ah-ra stood still in disbelief * * Shinwoo was the only one smiling as he watches on *

 ( 1 year ago )

'' I'll introduce you to my little sister one day. So don't you dare look at other girls.''- Shinwoo.

'' Araso, hyung~~.''- Jung Jinyoung.